Random Impact Wrestling Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Impact Wrestling Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Oh no, my fears have come true. I really hope they don't think Hogan is going to constantly improve the ratings.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh no, my fears have come true. I really hope they don't think Hogan is going to constantly improve the ratings.

TBH he barely improved them so I'm hoping they aren't foolish enough to attribute such a minor increase to his very short appearance.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Here's the quarter breakdowns and my thoughts below...

The March 22nd Episode of IMPACT Wrestling had 1,489,000 viewers (which is still below the 1.5 consistent they were scoring just a few months ago) and a 1.09 rating (up from last week's 1.03).

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 1.05 rating for Dixie Carter and Sting addressing events with Robert Roode at the end of TNA's Victory Road PPV Sunday night. The rating has to be disappointing coming off a PPV and also indicative that TNA did not reach their general audience with the "attempt to create buzz" PPV finish to draw in an audience for the immediate fall-out. (down 10.8% vs. 2011-Q1 average)

Q2: Impact did increase to a 1.15 rating for the follow-up to the opening angle with Sting and Dixie, one commercial break, and the first-half of a four-way X Division match. (even vs. 2011-Q2 average)

Q3: Impact dipped to a 1.08 rating for the second-half of the X Division matched interrupted by Bully Ray, the first of three Repo Games segments, one commercial, and the first-half of ODB & EY vs. Sarita & Rosita for the KO Tag Titles. (down 7.4% vs. 2011-Q3 average)

Q4: Impact reached its first hour peak with a 1.16 rating for the second-half of the KO Tag Title match, plus backstage segments and video packages, and two full commercial breaks. The Q4 rating typically dips below a 1.00 when there are two breaks, but it went the opposite direction this week. (up 3.1% vs. 2011-Q4 average)

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact increased slightly to a show-high 1.18 rating for James Storm's mid-ring promo and superkick to Bobby Roode's lawyer, plus one commercial break. (down 4.2% vs. 2011-Q5 average)

Q6: Impact nosedived to a 1.00 rating for the Angle-Garett Bischoff three-minute challenge, plus one-and-a-half commercial breaks. (down 13.8% vs. 2011-Q6 average)

Q7: Impact never really recovered from the Q6 drop, but increased slightly to a 1.04 rating for a TNA Tag Title match, Hulk Hogan backstage setting up a main event segment appearance, more Repo Games, and one commercial break. (down 8.8% vs. 2011-Q7 average)

Q8: Impact was essentially even with a 1.05 rating for Storm vs. Daniels & Kazarian in a handicap match, one commercial break, and Dixie Carter bringing out Hulk Hogan to tease a GM change to close the show. (down 10.8% vs. 2011-Q8 average)

Credit to PWTorch

A couple of things I took out of this. First off, anyone there who claims Hogan will be able to resurrect the ratings is foolish since people didn't wish to stick around to see his schtick. I realize he is promised for this week's show as well (and they've advertised as much) but I doubt it will make much of a difference. Highest rated segment of the night was James Storm which shows fans are both interested in him and his match with Roode at Lockdown and could result in increased Lockdown viewership and buys.

Finally, and my personal favourite observation, Garett "Heat Killer" Bischoff gets the lowest rating of the night. Get this man to OVW STAT!!!

And one more tidbit for you because Austin Aries is the fucking man...

Austin Aries responded on Twitter to David Otunga's jab at TNA. Otunga originally tweeted: "If imitation is the highest form of flattery, I'm flatter than Impact's ratings right now. #OtungaLaw"

TNA's X Division Champion responded:

"Shocked @DavidOtunga took time to comment on@IMPACTWRESTLING. I'd think he'd want to become at least a good hand first... #MrJenniferHudson"

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I don't know what TNA thinks they're doing having Garett Bischoff be where he is. The dude can't wrestle. I respect him for trying but trying shouldn't be enough to succeed in the wrestling business. Unless tna wants to see one of their wrestlers get hurt, they better send Garett off to OVW

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I don't know what TNA thinks they're doing having Garett Bischoff be where he is. The dude can't wrestle. I respect him for trying but trying shouldn't be enough to succeed in the wrestling business. Unless tna wants to see one of their wrestlers get hurt, they better send Garett off to OVW

I believe the term is "nepotism", though that doesn't make it right. I just wish Eric would realize his son COULD become a star with proper training. Right now they're bound and determined to push him regardless, and that never works out well.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
For proof see David Flair, Eric Watts, Greg Gagne

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I believe the term is "nepotism", though that doesn't make it right. I just wish Eric would realize his son COULD become a star with proper training. Right now they're bound and determined to push him regardless, and that never works out well.

Never works out well. Considering he's just starting out he's doing pretty well but it only takes one accident to hurt someone.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Ugh, thanks for the memories.

It's funny when people say "nepotism" does work sometimes too, and then cite Savage, Hennig and Roberts as examples. They seem to forget that nepotism is defined as "favour granted regardless of merit". Savage, Hennig and Roberts would have become stars whether their fathers were famous or not. Meanwhile, Greg Gagne should be thankful he's not working at McDonalds.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

Screw OWV, send Garrett to the lions!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

David Flair :lol: that's hilarious. Ric = one of if not the greatest of all time. David = um... Let's see...

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
David Flair was great in his out of his mind role IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Well David did have the honor of being pulverized by The Undertaker. That counts for something right?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Otunga's joke was better than Aries'. I'm not going to lie.

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN
Kurt Angle sent out the following tweets this evening:

My Mother Who is 80 Yrs Old was robbed from Criminals from Dom Republic. They Said My Nephew Was in jail and Needed $5,000 to Bail Him Out

These Criminals Need to be Arrested @ their ass kicked!Taking Advantage of an 80 year old Woman With Little $.Watch out for these Criminals

This Scam Happens A lot. If I Ever Come Across these Criminals, and I Will find U, I Will Make You Pay, with Pain! Trust Me

One Name is Otto Ramirez. I Will fly to Dominican Republic and Find You. I Also Know U Have a Contact in My Hometown for this Scam

I Will Find You All! You Are Scum!

my Mother Doesn't Have A lot of Money and I try 2 Help Her,but Lowlifes Robbing an 80 year old Woman need their Ass Kicked

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fighting across the globe with Kurt Angle!!!