Random Impact Wrestling Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: General IMPACT Wrestling Discussion

Is anyone watching Bound for Glory tonight?

Austin Bates

Reaction score

Missed the 2/13 episode as I had an early wake up call. Going to watch the Unlocked version next week before Impact. Anyone watch? Want to know what the big return was. I read the results and I think it was Mr Anderson, but that doesn't sound to match my expectations of big return so curious if I missed something while reading.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I haven't seen any of them since I don't have Destination America. Anyone know where I can watch them.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Missed the 2/13 episode as I had an early wake up call. Going to watch the Unlocked version next week before Impact. Anyone watch? Want to know what the big return was. I read the results and I think it was Mr Anderson, but that doesn't sound to match my expectations of big return so curious if I missed something while reading.
Just watched it, thought it was a great episode. There wasn't a big return at all, Anderson did return but that is hardly big. Make sure you watch the Roode vs Aries match, what a fantastic match that was.

I haven't seen any of them since I don't have Destination America. Anyone know where I can watch them.
I use watchwrestling.ch which puts every show up usually the day after.

Austin Bates

Reaction score

Anderson's return was pretty funny. The Roode and Aries match was pretty good, nice solid wrestling from them.

Drew

Reaction score

Honestly it's been a quality show the last 2 weeks. Nothing crazy or stupid and better wrestling then you'd expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

MVP is one of their top heels in the Company, and he should do well with the very dominate Lashley next week. Also always great to see Mickie one of my favorites of all time, hopefully she laces up those boots in the future for TNA. Who can forget about the Gail Kim/Awesome Kong staredown, and how with the respect Gail has from Kong, she made her leave the ring, stopping the attack Kong was putting on Taryn Terrell.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Honestly it's been a quality show the last 2 weeks. Nothing crazy or stupid and better wrestling then you'd expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNA are putting on some fantastic shows, it's really awesome to see and I so so so hope they keep it up. The feuds right now are on point and I love how everybody seems to have character development.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Can anyone explain to me who this "Grado" joker is?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me who this "Grado" joker is?

Made his name in the UK in the Insane Championship Wrestling promotion in Scotland. Managed to gain a lot of attention with his Youtube videos, followed by being one of the main focuses of "Insane Fight Club" & "Insane Fight Club 2", two documentaries about ICW broadcast of the BBC (pretty big deal over here). He's arguably their biggest star, although Drew Galloway may have taken that title from him in the last year.

His whole gimmick is best summed up as someone who watched this shit growing up and somehow ended up in the ring. I know some of you may scoff at this statement, but a good comparison is Dusty Rhodes. Place him in a line up with a bunch of other average looking Scots and you'd never guess he was the wrestler. But he's got off the charts charisma & is continuously improving in the ring.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Made his name in the UK in the Insane Championship Wrestling promotion in Scotland. Managed to gain a lot of attention with his Youtube videos, followed by being one of the main focuses of "Insane Fight Club" & "Insane Fight Club 2", two documentaries about ICW broadcast of the BBC (pretty big deal over here). He's arguably their biggest star, although Drew Galloway may have taken that title from him in the last year.

His whole gimmick is best summed up as someone who watched this shit growing up and somehow ended up in the ring. I know some of you may scoff at this statement, but a good comparison is Dusty Rhodes. Place him in a line up with a bunch of other average looking Scots and you'd never guess he was the wrestler. But he's got off the charts charisma & is continuously improving in the ring.
I think it's a tall order to compare him to Dusty Rhodes; especially so soon after his passing. I've just come across this lad on my catch up of Impact Wrestling and he seems like the bastard brainchild of Santino Marella and Eric Young. His whole sketch of trying to lose weight by working out in a trash bag, so he could "make weight" before his X Division match was beyond cringe worthy.

If he's as entertaining as you make him out to be, TNA should tone down his gimmick and go for more of a Colt Cabana shtick. It would work out a lot better for everyone. I don't want to give up so soon on the kid, so I'll try to give him a chance.

At the very least it's great to see so many English men getting their due in TNA. That's Grado, Rockstar Spud and Mandrews now?

Thanks for the response. I'll have to check out his youtube videos for sure.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I think it's a tall order to compare him to Dusty Rhodes; especially so soon after his passing. I've just come across this lad on my catch up of Impact Wrestling and he seems like the bastard brainchild of Santino Marella and Eric Young. His whole sketch of trying to lose weight by working out in a trash bag, so he could "make weight" before his X Division match was beyond cringe worthy.

If he's as entertaining as you make him out to be, TNA should tone down his gimmick and go for more of a Colt Cabana shtick. It would work out a lot better for everyone. I don't want to give up so soon on the kid, so I'll try to give him a chance.

At the very least it's great to see so many English men getting their due in TNA. That's Grado, Rockstar Spud and Mandrews now?

To be fair, the Rhodes comparison is more to the charismatic, working man, larger wrestler. Obviously he's not as good, but it's a base to work from.

TNA, ruining a character? No way!

He's actually tagged with Cabana a couple if times as "Irn Jew", so yeah the Cabana comparison is appropriate.

Oh, and Grado is Scottish, not English. Trust me, there's a difference :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Tbh, your definition of cringe worthy is kind of skewed given that you somehow think they're doing a good job with the Lana/Rusev/Dolph angle, one that I think can easily be called cringe worthy as well. :lol: