Raise your hand if....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

csg370

Reaction score
Wrestlemania for me has lowered in value since 21. I just haven't had that "OMG" feeling for a long time. 26 seems like it should be a good show though.

noumenon

Bottom line is this... WRESTLEmania to me is about WRESTLING. Sure, the storylines build excitement for months but at Mania it's all about the matches. It's the conclusion of all the biggest storylines of the year and IMO it's sorely lacking in all departments.

Cena vs. Batista... as good as you think the build may have been you know the match is going to be just awful.
Jericho vs. Edge... I'm sorry, I'll say it. Edge is a fucking train wreck in the ring. The guy is just an awful sloppy mess. It worked for him as a chicken shit heel but as a face nothing could make me care about this horribly slapped together "SPEARSPEARSPEAR!" feud.
Bret vs. Vince... 20 minutes of Vince pulling Bret's shirt over his head to "punch" him. Or perhaps some chair sh-... oh wait, that's not allowed.
Undertaker vs. HBK... yeah, I'm sure the match will be good. But we've seen it already, I really don't care.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

In terms of charisma, I would definitely rank Mr. Bret Hart in the top 3 worst in the WWE right now. As much as he is a legend, some of his promos are laughable. He repeats himself too damn much looking like he forgets what he is saying.

Promos and charisma are not the same thing.

Bottom line is this... WRESTLEmania to me is about WRESTLING. Sure, the storylines build excitement for months but at Mania it's all about the matches. It's the conclusion of all the biggest storylines of the year and IMO it's sorely lacking in all departments.

Cena vs. Batista... as good as you think the build may have been you know the match is going to be just awful.
Jericho vs. Edge... I'm sorry, I'll say it. Edge is a fucking train wreck in the ring. The guy is just an awful sloppy mess. It worked for him as a chicken shit heel but as a face nothing could make me care about this horribly slapped together "SPEARSPEARSPEAR!" feud.
Bret vs. Vince... 20 minutes of Vince pulling Bret's shirt over his head to "punch" him. Or perhaps some chair sh-... oh wait, that's not allowed.
Undertaker vs. HBK... yeah, I'm sure the match will be good. But we've seen it already, I really don't care.

I disagree that Cena vs. Batista will be awful. Their first match was good from what I remember, and Cena is a tremendous worker. Add in that Batista always steps up in a big match situation and that his mannerisms as a heel are great, and you've got yourself a pretty great match.

I don't think Edge/Jericho will be MOTN or anything, but their match will be solid. Neither men are the best workers going around or anything, but it'll be a decent enough match.

Add in the tag title match, Punk/Mysterio (likely MOTYC), Tripper/Sheamus which I expect to be pretty good, the triple threat which has three pretty good workers in it, and the unpredictable MITB (there are multiple men who could win this), and you've got yourself an exciting card with some quality wrestling.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Batista and Cena is going to be a surprise hit tomorrow night. Both guys have worked really good matches when they needed to and tomorrow night should be no different.

Also, you're crazy if you think Bret and Vince are going any longer than 8-9 minutes.

Reaction score

I disagree with everything you say. This card has been built superbly, easily the best built Mania since 20 and almost every match sans the Women's and MITB have been built well, even the tag match has been built well for three weeks build and a thrown together tag team.

Cena-Batista: Their match at SummerSlam was good. And nobody not named Shawn Michaels rises to the occasion in a big match better than Cena. And when Batista is motivated he has some moments. It'll be fine for sure.

Jericho-Edge: First of all, what are you talking about Edge a sloppy as fuck worker? He was fucking tits from 07-09, his matches with Taker was absolutely sick shit and he was the go-to guy on SD!. His Last Man Standing Match with Cena was great and that Ladder Match he had with Hardy was awesome. So, umm what defines a trainwreck to you, because if Edge does, your standards are that of God himself. So, he hasn't been that great since his injury, but he hasn't had to be. He's working with the best pro in the E and when he needs to shine, he does, his character is of no consequence of his inring work, only the end result. But if you think he has always been a sloppy as fuck worker, you need to defend such a staunch comment. The only thing you have a legit gripe about is the "SPEARSPEARSPEAR" thing, that is some lousy and lazy booking.

Bret-Vince: Of course it's not supposed to be good. It's a fifty year old man who has suffered a stroke and a 60 something year old megalomaniac. But you know what, people said Hogan-Vince was going to stink the joint up, but it was the fuckin surprise gem of the card. But besides that, it's not about the match quality, its about the spectacle, the history, the screwjob. It was booked really loose at first, but the past few weeks it picked up and it will certainly suffice to all those hungry to see Bret gain his revenge.

Taker-HBK: So what if we've seen it all before, two guys wrestling eachother for the second time in twelve years is hardly overkill. There aren't very many marquee matches left in the E, let alone the two workers who personify WrestleMania the most; Mr. WrestleMania and the man with the 17-0 undefeated streak. Plus this actually seems to be the most unpredictable of Taker's Mania matches yet with HBK's career being on the line and all. And of course they're going to tear the joint down. And honestly, this should go on last, so whatever title match doesn't get the Trips-Randy experience from last year.

I just don't understand your gripes, they seem purely out of dissatisfaction, and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but you are in the extreme minority on this one. The way it looks, it appears to be the best booked mainstream wrestling from North America in atleast 5 years.

The Rated R CMStar

Enzo practically summed anything everybody else could post.

Batista vs Cena was great at Summerslam, really a surprise as I was expecting a horrible match and they did great. One has to assume this time will be better as they will be working with some actual emotion behind it and will have the heel/face dynamics.

I know me defending Edge will sound biased, but what the hell are you on? Edge was the best worker WWE had back in 2007 and worked every type of match WWE had to offer in 2008/2009 and did great in all of them. He has only had what, 3 matches since coming back and 2 of them were against Batista and Big Show. His affair with Miz was good though.

Taker vs HBK has been saved for an entire year after a classic in WM25 and even before that they haven't wrestled each other since the Attitude Era, so I dont see how "you have seen it before so you don't care".

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio could very well steal the show, and if they do something similar to what they did at Armageddon 2008, they might very well do it. Add to that what could be a nice brawl between HHH and Sheamus, a crazy MITB and whatever they do with the Triple Threat and it's a hell of a main event.

BTW, no way they give Bret vs Vince 20 minutes. They'll hardly get 10.

Kizza

I personally hated the Cena/Batista Summerslam match, but whatever.

I'm sure the show will be enjoyable and hopefully a few surprises thrown in here or there.

Reaction score
^^^I don't know. 2007 was the second year of Cena's "reign of terror" when he mowed down what felt like the whole Raw roster. Umaga, HBK, Khali, Lashley, Orton, and that's just the ppv matches. Although he did have that great raw match with HBK that went for about 25 mins too long but still a classic.

And his matches with Umaga, Michaels, Khali, Lashley and Orton were all great. In terms of match quality there was no one better than Cena in 2007.

Reaction score
^^^Well, when you're right, you're right. I made a mistake there, good call.

MizMasta3000

LOL @ People overestimating the Cena/Batista match. It will be nothing but SUPERCENA kicking out of every single move Batista has in his arsenal then miraculously (SP?) locking in the STF for the win.

Sounds more like a Kurt Angle match. Cena's matches usually involve good psychology, a logical sequence of moves and an exciting finish.