R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;IwtE8yPTSWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtE8yPTSWk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6lgbUptkC28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lgbUptkC28&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;QzCBLVnTAdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCBLVnTAdI[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score

While most of the country was tuned into the NBA Finals on Sunday night, Maxwell was celebrating Broadway’s best at the 65th Annual Tony Awards in New York City. The R&B crooner, looking sharp in a black tux, was there to support the play “The Motherfucker with the Hat” starring Chris Rock and Annabella Sciorra, which was nominated six times.

Maxwell, whose “VH1 Storytellers” special airs this Friday, recently expressed his support for British songstress Adele, tweeting, “ADELE is gonna win every last award in the coming months… save your acceptance speech it’s her year.”<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;fAVxqNjjg9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVxqNjjg9g&feature=autoplay&list=AVGxdCwVVULXe0ezeqnE17QNgK9tYsSUoE&index=2&playnext=2[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Alicia Keys Puts on a Royal Performance

<CENTER>
alicia-keys-royal-albert-1.jpg
</CENTER>
Alicia Keys graced London’s Royal Albert Hall with a regal performance on the 10th anniversary of her debut songs in A minor. With her hair pulled back in a ponytail, the R royalty sat at a customized piano and performed classics from the groundbreaking album, set for re-release on June 28. Alicia is in town for her 3rd annual Keep a Child Alive Black Ball co-hosted by producer Mark Ronson, taking place on Wednesday.

<CENTER>
alicia-keys-royal-albert-2.jpg
alicia-keys-royal-albert-4.jpg
alicia-keys-royal-albert-3.jpg
</CENTER>

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;kM6w3_ljSwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM6w3_ljSwo&feature=grec_index[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Brandy Sizzles On Set Of Photoshoot

Peep Brandy striking a fierce pose on the set of a Derek Blanks photoshoot yesterday (June 13th).
The Vocal Bible, as she’s oft labelled, confirmed that the pics are to accompany an upcoming press release. Could it be for the announcement of her long awaited new recording deal? Watch this space.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;uU8SoKU6msE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8SoKU6msE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
New Ashanti Interview

On Why She Hasn’t Been As Visible On The Scene
Well, I think it’s a combination of the industry changing as a whole. I think it’s about being happy, knowing what you want and how to accomplish it. Dealing with execs and the way things change in the labels is really something you have to adapt to because it’s a lot of things that are beyond your control. So in order to get that control back you have to kind of sit for a minute, sort it out and know what you’re doing and have an amazing team.

On Fame
I have a great family structure. My parents are still together, I have a close knit family. I think you can’t become the fame, you can’t become the industry, you have to stay who you are and work the industry. So it’s really, really important to have a foundation for whatever it is that you do. Whatever industry you’re in-corporate, music entertainment, whatever, you have to have that core foundation and know where you stand and don’t let anything else kind of infiltrate and change who you are.

On Planning For Her Return to the Spotlight
The first thing I plan is being focused, clearing my head, understanding and adapting. Like I said, the industry, the economy is completely different than 2002, when I first came out. We’re surrounded by different people, radio has changed, labels have changed, strategic formulas have changed, so it’s about adapting to what that is. I think the first step is definitely staying true to yourself. My passion is music, I love writing music but music is dying so you have to have other outlets to continue to build that brand because that’s the focus. So you line up film, you line up television, you line up books and it’s all about timing and aligning the stars and having the right people behind you and knowing what you want. I think it’s really important to own. I’m on that path [right now]. If I’m doing something, I need to own half of that; I need the executive produce that, I need to collect that check and have my creative input.

Everything that I just mentioned, film, television, music, books, is all in the works. We’ve been lining things up for the past almost 2 ½-3 years. It gets a little frustrating because I’m the type of person I want to see results right now. I want to do it now, I want it to happen right now. But in order for it to be as big as it possibly can, you have to build that platform and that was one of the hardest things to wait. Everything that I’ve spoken about we’ve been in development with [for awhile].

On Female Artists
I’m nice, I’m the peacemaker, I’m the positive one but I don’t like the beef thing, I think it takes up too much of your energy. You block your blessing when you’re negative and your mean, it’s not worth it.

On Dating
I’m dating my album right now.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lloyd assembles a royal court on his fourth album King of Hearts, arriving July 5. The star-studded lineup features an intro with Game, an André 3000 track narrated by Lil Wayne (“Dedication to My Ex (Miss That)”), “World Cry” with R. Kelly, Keri Hilson, and K’naan, and a duet with Chris Brown (“Luv Me Girl”). Executive produced by Zone 4’s Polow Da Don, the set also includes a sequel to Lloyd’s smash single “You.” Peep the official tracklisting below.

1. “Intro (MDMA)” feat. Game
2. “Dedication to My Ex (Miss That)” feat. André 3000 narrated by Lil Wayne
3. “Cupid” feat. Awesome Jones!!!
4. “Luv Me Girl” feat. Chris Brown & Vega
5. “Naked”
6. “Jigsaw”
7. “Bang!!!!” feat. Titi Boi & Salo
8. “Be the One” feat. Trey Songz & Young Jeezy
9. “Shake It 4 Daddy”
10. “Lay It Down”
11. “Angels”
12. “This Is for My Baby”
13. “You II”
14. “World Cry” feat. R. Kelly, Keri Hilson, & K’naan

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland is feeling frisky on “Lay It on Me,” a collaboration with Big Sean reportedly from her new album Here I Am, dropping July 26. On the piano-driven Hit-Boy production, Ms. Kelly commands, “Lay it on me, put it down on me/ Put your hands on my body.” The G.O.O.D. Music rapper drops a freshly recorded verse: “Call my d*ck curiosity ’cause it killed the cat/ And satisfaction brought it back.” Gets your hands all over the sexy track.

[video=youtube;2HgxFKH3xbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HgxFKH3xbM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;McUj4t3TkPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=McUj4t3TkPA[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Alicia Keys Hosts Black Ball in London

<center>
black-ball-london-2011-1.jpg
</center>
Eight months after giving birth to her first child Egypt Daoud Dean, Alicia Keys showed no signs of her pregnancy while co-hosting the 3rd annual Keep a Child Alive Black Ball at London’s Camden Roundhouse with producer Mark Ronson. The 30-year-old philanthropist sashayed down the red carpet in a black strapless gown with Swizz Beatz, who matched his wife in an all-black tux. Guests included Jay Sean and an unshaven Tinie Tempah.

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland looks set to cap off the phenomenal chart success of ‘Motivation’ with a performance slot on Urban music’s biggest calender night.
Full story after the jump…

After much speculation, it has been confirmed that the 30 year will indeed be taking to the stage at the BET Awards 2011 in Los Angeles next Sunday (June 26th). Reliable sources reveal that the slot will serve as Rowland’s first televised performance of ‘Motivation’.

We here at That Grape Juice have been hearing the terms ‘career-defining’ and ‘break out moment’ being touted about what the Destiny’s Child diva has planned. Needless to say, next Sunday couldn’t come any sooner.

Kelly’s third studio album ‘Here I Am’ hits stores on July 26th via Universal Motown.