Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Airfixx said:
b) Yeah, great, cite Khali and all the shit workers to prove your point, why don't ya... I notice no-one mentioned Punk, Bryan or any other internet darlings....

I would just like to say I specifically mentioned Bryan as someone I would like Christian to feud with and their matches would be awesome. >_>

Airfixx

Reaction score
I get that, and indeed Christian/Bryan matchwise sounds sweet, but you were still selectively citing only certain workers in order to play down the quality of Christian's matches.

On an onwards note.... Blame the bookers by all means, but Christian has had better matches than Bryan thus far this year too...

So tell me Enzo & HTKid...

If not Christian, then who has been our in-ring mvp in the first half of 2011?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I get that, and indeed Christian/Bryan matchwise sounds sweet, but you were still selectively citing only certain workers in order to play down the quality of Christian's matches.

On an onwards note.... Blame the bookers by all means, but Christian has had better matches than Bryan thus far this year too...

Who was in the main event picture for SD? Khali/Henry/Orton. Raw? Cena/Miz/ADR with Show/Kane there? Sin Cara? All no good. Nobody else gets TV time in their matches, so yes their is super thin atm. Sure, Hawkins, Ryder, JTG, Regal, Bourne, etc. are great, but who sees/knows that?

I don't know where you're getting with lumping me in with Enzo of me hating Christian, I said he was the 3rd best on the roster (behind Bourne and Bryan.) And he's hands down been WWE's top wrestler in '11. I just said saying he has the best matches in WWE doesn't mean anything.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
For example, Over The Limit. On his own Christian had a great match and an unbelievable singles performance. Saying "He's great because his match was better than...Cena/Miz and the rest of those turd matches is meaningless, and if anything even comparing Christian's best against those kinda matches underplays how good he is. Christian = Excellent job. It's like saying, "That 107-0 boxer's fight was a hell of a fight compared to the rest of the card". When all the other boxers are 0-0 tomato cans. Just say Christian's a great wrestler and point to his matches, not "He's better than so-so who has bad matches all the time.

*Wasn't as big a deal as I may have made it seem. Just felt the need to explain what I said further as NOT a slight as Christian.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Firstly, I'm not trying to cast anyone as a hater... I only included Enzo in my comments because he quoted and agreed with your comment in the very next post. (You'll see from my original post that I didn't even mention names, refering to ya'll as "those of you" or something like that).

In your original post:

you said:
Meh, Christian having the best matches on the card doesn't mean anything, in the company's current embarrassingly low state of pure wrestlers. So yeah, the argument that he's outworking a crapfest show with the likes of Miz, Cena, Orton, Henry, Khali, and Big Show and Kane doesn't hold much water."

So firstly, you're specifying that you meant ME talent only wasn't made clear til later and even then the original statement from Peep' was "Every single match of his (whatever show it's on) is ALWAYS the best match of the night." (Only you chose to discriminate between ME & Midcard).... Even so you still don't name Punk or Edge (or a briefly appearing Ziggler) in that list - notably the guys more likely to get props for their grappling shit - so I'll stand by my point that it IS selective in order to depretiate Christians work...

Why? ...You'd have to answer that part.

Secondly, a 4 star match is a 4 star match regardless of who else makes up the rest of the ME roster...

If all your ultimately reflecting upon is that their best wrestling guys aren't getting a chance to show their strengths then, of course, I'd agree, but this is WWE2011 and that's old news.

As a side note: I'd say SD midcarders are best placed in the company to just rock straight-up wrestling (without the trappings of crap scripted promos and lame storylines).... Whether it be the SD6 elevating themselves almost a decade ago, right through Regal, Finlay, Matt Hardy, MVP, Kendrick, Swagger, JoMo, Kofi et al and now Sin Cara & Bryan.

Reaction score

Well, I never said he wasn't good in ring. He isn't an HBK, Jericho or Edge , and he isnt, I said he looks great because the roster is so shitty right now. I you give anyone enough time they have decent matches. Barrett/Zeke for example. But there are few MOTY candidates and right now its HH/Taker by a large margin. Christian has had some good matches. But I the roster wasn't so thin, don't you think thered be a lot more to compare his matches to? And good for christian, doesn't change the fact that more than half the audience doesn't find him appealing. And if you want to call him the in ring mvp, cool. Doesn't change the fact that the roster is ass. That's not hatin, that's stating the obvious.

BTW, I don't care for orton at all but ya know he wasn't carried whatsoever against punk or cage and no one is praising the guy...hmmmm

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Thanks, but my later post already addresses all of that.

And well done for completely ignoring my attempt to steer the debate back into a more positive note.