Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Where was all this Christian bashing when I was the only one on this forum telling people he's a midcard talent for life like 4 years ago?

No clue, but I would've most def. agreed with you. I've never been a big Christian fan, Peepshow knows this. We used to have giant arguments in random TNA threads because of it lol...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'm afraid I agree with the darky. When I think of Christian I always think of someone who just isn't quite good enough and will probably always sit in mid-card. He comes across as the kinda guy who you could imagine having like, idk, 20 intercontinental titles by the end of his career.

That's because that's what your accustomed to, because that's all he's ever been in the WWE. Think of Edge. If he had been the one to not gotten a push in 2004-2005 to the main event level status and stayed where Christian's always been, you'd think of him in the same way you are Christian, because they've never given him the opportunity to shine. All I'm asking for is a chance to let Christian shine. See what he can do. And I know he can. It's obvious. The question is will they, and I highly doubt it. Did you see what they did to him on SD? That was pretty much the entire reason for this thread. I'll try to get someone to make me a gif of it and I'll put it in my sig.

Rell said:
Nothing wrong with that. Smackdown has Christian and RAW has R-Truth.

Don't ever fucking mention Christian and Truth in the same sentence ever again.

...god...

Reaction score
I don't understand why Del Rio, AGAIN. The same fucking formula after WM, they can't just drop a fucking feud, the challenger has to have his 2 mandatory rematches at PPV, woo. Cody coulda received a nice rub from Edge, even Drew, who has a much more hardcore style and is already known for excelling in these types of matches. I mean, Del Rio is awesome and all, but meh.

Rell

Reaction score
Don't ever fucking mention Christian and Truth in the same sentence ever again.

Why not? They're more similar than different. They're both jobbers to the stars. They'll win a match or two against big time players, but at the end of the day they're nothing more than stepping stones used to make the Alberto Del Rio's of the world look good.

I just cant see him becoming anything more than that this late in career, but who knows? Stranger things have happened, see- JBL...

...god...

Reaction score
I can't even remember a good R-Truth match. God knows how many fantastic matches Christian had on TNA with the likes of Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Sting, AJ Styles, Tomko, his ladder match with Kaz, etc. I think Christian's recent ladder match with Shelton trumps R-Truth's career..

Reganio

Reaction score
Common trend to the Christian love if you notice "In TNA..." "When in TNA..." He isn't in TNA anymore.

He is distinctively average, he is by no means the worst wrestler ever, but he is never going to have a great match minus gimmicks.

As for Edge, yeah he was the go to guy for a while, in WWE's bleakest period. He has had people with him anytime he has been good, started off with Christian the 2 together, fairly entertaining. Then he was on his own in a very forgettable time, then he was with Lita a heat magnet and the best time of his career, then she left and he was on his own and did nothing again. Then he got Vickie another heat magnet and he got a rub of some of her heat, and he looked good again. Now he is on his own again and is doing nothing noteworthy.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Common trend to the Christian love if you notice "In TNA..." "When in TNA..." He isn't in TNA anymore.

He is distinctively average, he is by no means the worst wrestler ever, but he is never going to have a great match minus gimmicks.

Common trend to the illiterate poster is he doesn't know how to read.

Yes, I know I mentioned TNA and how great his run was while there. But did you miss the fact I said he hasn't been what he was in TNA because the WWE doesn't give him a shot at doing so. As for the part of "never going to have a great match minus gimmicks," rofl. No need to keep arguing a point with a brick wall.

Reganio

Reaction score
Say the same to you though. Fair enough I don't watch TNA but I have never seen anything from him to suggest he had main event ability. Bar maybe the early E&C days. We shall agree to disagree I guess.

1chiban

Reaction score
I like Christian as a heel. He is insufferable as a face, now. He needs to be turned, and soon. Oh, and another thing - he really needs to stop going shoulder-first into the ringpost in every freaking match. It isn't funny anymore. I think you're bring a bit hard on his ability, Reg, as Christian is talented imo

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Say the same to you though. Fair enough I don't watch TNA but I have never seen anything from him to suggest he had main event ability. Bar maybe the early E&C days. We shall agree to disagree I guess.

Wait, what? You thought Christian had main event ability in the early E&C days? Did I misinterpret that?

As for his TNA days, go watch his match with Samoa Joe @ Destination X 2007. TNA hasn't had a better ppv main event than that since. At least ****1/2.

Here's a couple promos (one from each company when he was heel). Best heel in the company when they use him correctly. Seriously.

[yt]Gpy9TRDde6c[/yt]

[yt]iyWiITOeTmg[/yt]

...god...

Reaction score
Wait, did you say you hadn't seen Christian's work in TNA? Pretty much buries your whole argument. How the fuck can you judge him if you haven't seen most of his work, rofl.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Inorit? That's what I'm saying. Of course if all he's seen is the shit WWE is letting him do, then yeah, I'd agree he doesn't appear to be as charismatic as he's labeled. Still a great in ring performer though who puts on the best match of the night more than likely when he's on the card.

Beer

Reaction score
Where was all this Christian bashing when I was the only one on this forum telling people he's a midcard talent for life like 4 years ago?

would never call this christian bashing. just realism. i'd like to see him pushed and i think he has the charisma and look to pull it off. it's just, for me, made such a mark in the mid-card that his credibility as a main-eventer would be non-existent.

Beer

Reaction score
That's because that's what your accustomed to, because that's all he's ever been in the WWE. Think of Edge. If he had been the one to not gotten a push in 2004-2005 to the main event level status and stayed where Christian's always been, you'd think of him in the same way you are Christian, because they've never given him the opportunity to shine. All I'm asking for is a chance to let Christian shine. See what he can do. And I know he can. It's obvious. The question is will they, and I highly doubt it. Did you see what they did to him on SD? That was pretty much the entire reason for this thread. I'll try to get someone to make me a gif of it and I'll put it in my sig.

like i just said, and for those reason it's not credible and realistic to see him become a main-eventer. He's made a mark as a staple mid-carder and it would be too weird to see him in world championship matches. it could happen, but i highly doubt it.