Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Why in the FUCK is Swagger doing the ankle lock? There isn't an SD discussion thread, so I felt there needed to be this thread, especially to talk about Swagger's character. Can they attach an even more blatant rip-off move of the gimmick he's already stealing? How fucking stupid and absurd. He may as well start doing the Olympic slam as well, honestly. Give him his own moveset, his own character, something new. I know this could be stealing Hennig's shit as well, but bringing Simon Dean in to be his coach would be fucking lol. Don't think Hennig had a long run with that deal anyway. Idk, could be cool, but I just think having a similar gimmick to Angle in the first place and then begin to use his finisher move is just really dumb.

noumenon

Reaction score
Re: Question.

Nonono... this is funny. Because in the off chance they do resign Kurt imagine what's going to happen to Swagger.

...god...

Reaction score
Hopefully he comes back and snaps his fucking ankle. If this was a whole setup for a Swagger and Angle feud though, that'd be awesome.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The guy doesn't have ANYTHING original in his arsenal anyways... at least the Ankle Lock is something credible and different from what we see regularly on WWE. They could have really been dicks and made him yet another with the pumphandle slam.

...god...

Reaction score
Also to add onto my question topic sentence. What the fuck happened to the guy driving the limo? He had curly hair, was this just dropped or something?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Vince was wearing a wig...

...god...

Reaction score
Seriously? Or did you just make that up on the spot.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Seriously? Or did you just make that up on the spot.
It was on the spot. They haven't done anything with it, they've kind of avoided it.
They beat Vince up so why would it be Vince driving the limo?
Because they beat up Vince AFTER the driver, and one of the things Vince talked about was taking out Bret Hart, and he is the only person we KNOW to have been involved with Nexus, and we don't know who the driver was. 1+1-x+y= 2-x+y... while it's not exactly a clear fit, we can put the pieces together and make an assumption that what was indirectly implied could have been directly intended...

Besides, they're not going to ever mention it again, so why not assume it was the only person openly involved with them?

...god...

Reaction score
How do you know they won't mention it again? If they don't, then I lol at people who complain about TNA having plot holes.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think the ankle lock is getting Swagger over well but it's a cheap way to get him over Big Show. Plus why does everyone need a submission move now? Ziggler gave up the Zig Zag which is an awesome move for a rear naked choke/sleeper.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Everybody needs a submission? Are you serious? Barely anyone has a submission finisher in WWE. Swagger, Ziggler, Cena, Jericho, Hart Dynasty, and Undertaker are the only names that come to mind right now. Dolph uses the Zig Zag too, he just, kayfabe, sent a message to Kingston with the sleeper.

Submission finishers adds more unpredictability, unless it's John Cena. It makes the matches a little more interesting with the option of a submission ending.

newmie

Reaction score
Honestly this thread makes absolutly no sense... just because Angle uses the Ankle lock doesn't mean Swagger has 'ripped it off'. Seriously, there are only so many original moves, like clearly Kofi is the first guy I've see do the SOS, but my god any submission move is taken off someone else. Swagger does the ankle lock, who cares? its an effective submission move, it would be no different if he was doing the crossface or the cloverleaf, guys before him used them, and you's probably say he ripped off Malenko and Benoit. Ziggelr now uses the sleeperhold and i don't see you saying he ripped that off from Bob Backlund or Roddy Piper. Other than the fact that Swagger is a good amature wrestler and now uses the ankle lock i don't see a whole lot of resemblence to him and Angle. Sure Angle wears a singlet, Swagger wears a singlet... Don't know if you saw Swagger when he first started in ECW with basic Trunts, he looked god awful cause he doesnt have a "ripped" uper body, a singlet suits him. Other than the ankle lock their moves arn't that similar, Swagger on occasion will use a german suplex, but he is more of a power wrestler with spine busters and ground grapples, where as Angle uses a lot of suplexes. Just because he uses the Ankle Lock now is no reason to say hes ripped him off. Plus Swaggers gimmick is nothing like Angles... a very bad comparison of gimmicks if you ask me

Airfixx

Reaction score
I think the ankle lock is getting Swagger over well but it's a cheap way to get him over Big Show. Plus why does everyone need a submission move now? Ziggler gave up the Zig Zag which is an awesome move for a rear naked choke/sleeper.

Ziggler still does the Zig Zag.

If anyone on the roster needed a submission hold it was Swagger.

Question: Did Angle "rip off" Ken Shamrock by adopting the ankle lock?

Angle debuted within a few months of Ken leaving.
Swagger debuted nearly two years after Kurt left.