QT Marshall leaving AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

More on QT's departure - he was meant to be out in August but re-signed short term on assurances from TK that he'd get to wrestle more. He didn't
I just looked it up on Cagematch... If he really did get talked into staying after September 1 under the guise that he'd wrestle more that's sad. He wrestled 1 match for AEW in that time frame, and it was a 6 man Dark Match before a dynamite.

He would be awesome in TNA. Or in the WWEPC. But since he's looking to wrestle more I think WWEPC/NXT is unlikely.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I may sound harsh when I say this, but he didn't offer much in terms of AEW when it has come to his wrestling. Old school gimmick, can work, but in a roster where, even early on, had The Elite, Moxley, Darby, Sammy, Jericho, MJF, Riho, Shida, Nyla, Dustin, all of them I would prefer to watch. And I'd argue that when it has come to his storylines they were not really great. QTV hurt Hobbs, though could be a lower card heel group. The Factory and their storyline in the Codyverse hurt him, hurt Ogogo, hurt Cody. Then he faced Paul in a match which was a Squash to put over a legend which only really served as a pallet cleanser before the main event of one of AEW's best shows ever. I think it is just a case of someone who is better as a coach than he is as a wrestler. And no, I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler, but I mean there was no real "Wow" factor to him as a wrestler on your roster even though he's well rounded. But he's got so much knowledge he's an excellent coach.

So I think them separating is the best outcome for both.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I may sound harsh when I say this, but he didn't offer much in terms of AEW when it has come to his wrestling. Old school gimmick, can work, but in a roster where, even early on, had The Elite, Moxley, Darby, Sammy, Jericho, MJF, Riho, Shida, Nyla, Dustin, all of them I would prefer to watch. And I'd argue that when it has come to his storylines they were not really great. QTV hurt Hobbs, though could be a lower card heel group. The Factory and their storyline in the Codyverse hurt him, hurt Ogogo, hurt Cody. Then he faced Paul in a match which was a Squash to put over a legend which only really served as a pallet cleanser before the main event of one of AEW's best shows ever. I think it is just a case of someone who is better as a coach than he is as a wrestler. And no, I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler, but I mean there was no real "Wow" factor to him as a wrestler on your roster even though he's well rounded. But he's got so much knowledge he's an excellent coach.

So I think them separating is the best outcome for both.
I think you're being very fair here. He's definitely not... ELITE... in ring (sorry not sorry). But I think there was still a spot for him in ring.

I never liked his work with Nightmare Factory, nor with Cody. But QTV was actually interesting to me but then it felt like it just ended suddenly. I think the "American being Latin American Champion" thing he got with the AAA title could have had some legs.

And still if someone resigns and you tell them please don't I'll give you more matches, then refuse to do that, that's a dick move and feels like sabotage or retaliation.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
And still if someone resigns and you tell them please don't I'll give you more matches, then refuse to do that, that's a dick move and feels like sabotage or retaliation.

That at the very least is a promise not profiled.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
1 - LOL at that source
2 - they did push him in QTV
3 - lol QT

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Take the source with a grain of salt, but if he did stay under the guise that he’d get to wrestle more and TK went against that, then that is kinda fucked up

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He didn't go against that, he featured him and the segments bomb. This shit ain't a charity

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
"Man pairing Hobbs w qt sucks "
"Omg as if tk didn't feature qt more"

This is why I get annoyed with this "criticism "

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Until qt actually says any of this, I'm not going to pretend to be upset on his behalf. I'm out