Punk's new task

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

As seen in recent weeks, CM Punk has taken a lesser role on Friday Night SmackDown since dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Undertaker at last month's Hell in the Cell pay-per-view, instead being placed in a program with perennial mid-card performer R-Truth after months of top-level feuds. While it would appear that he's been demoted, the company is looking to have him assist R-Truth for the time being by putting him over in hope that he reaches main event level status.

btman

Reaction score
I honestly have no problem with this as long as R-Truth stops singing, does some more 'fun' antics like he did on this weeks Smackdown, and says truth about half as much.

Punk on the other hand can burn :)

vickymania

Reaction score
R-Truth getting Pushed to Main event status with Punk on SD, Kofi getting the same treatment with Orton on RAW..how similar these 2 storylines are..then why leave ECW behind..am sure WWE can find someone there also..

phantomgerald

Is there really any other top feuds Punk can have on Smackdown? The only one I can think of is against Batista, Mysterio or Jericho. Batista and Mysterio are doing their thing, and Jericho is the tag champs so that big oaf needs to do something too. Not to mention, both are heels.

The mark of a true main eventer is that he can elevate the status of other wrestlers just by having a feud with him, and that is exactly what Punk is doing, and I respect him more for that.

The Rated R CMStar

LOL, so people complain WWE doesn't want to push new people to the top, but when they use CM Punk to create a new main eventer, God damnit it's a crime.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Is there really any other top feuds Punk can have on Smackdown? The only one I can think of is against Batista, Mysterio or Jericho. Batista and Mysterio are doing their thing, and Jericho is the tag champs so that big oaf needs to do something too. Not to mention, both are heels.

The mark of a true main eventer is that he can elevate the status of other wrestlers just by having a feud with him, and that is exactly what Punk is doing, and I respect him more for that.

Perfectly put, I just find it funny that WWE decides to use their young talent to push other young talent in the completely WRONG situations. I just made a post in the Dolph Ziggler thread about this and they refused to do it. They refused to do it with the Miz against Cena earlier in the year. They refuse to do it with Jack Swagger. But yeah let's give R-Truth a high level feud with former World Champion from just weeks ago.

Fuck you WWE and your indecisiveness.

noumenon

LOL, so people complain WWE doesn't want to push new people to the top, but when they use CM Punk to create a new main eventer, God damnit it's a crime.

It's not even about that. It's about taking a guy who within a matter of mere months had the best heel heat and role in the entire company and then in a matter of weeks shit all over it by having him feud with a fucking referee and now have him put someone over R Truth of all people into the main event? WWE couldn't even hold down CM Punk's momentum in the main event and now they're gonna throw another person in there to see if he sticks?
It's all desperation to try and fill the void of Jeff. But WWE should have seen shit like this coming for years now and been slowly building guys into the main event role instead of these last minute ass backward desperation attempts at creating stars.
You know how shitty this looks for CM Punk, a guy who just retired Jeff Hardy and feuded with the Undertaker to be taking losses to R Truth who has done NOTHING since being in the company.
And need I bring up PRETTY RICKY?

CM Punk wasn't at the level yet where he can just drop down through the card and not have it look weird. WWE finally succeeded in making a new main event star with Punk and they shit on it almost instantly.

vickymania

Reaction score
CM Punk wasn't at the level yet where he can just drop down through the card and not have it look weird. WWE finally succeeded in making a new main event star with Punk and they shit on it almost instantly.

good point..ok,for all of u,lets say this goes on for few weeks,Punk/R-truth..even thinking that WWE get something out of this for R-truth,then whats next for CM PUNK?? help another mid-carder to main event status?? Whats he now,Main Event Trainer or something??:woot_jump:

Wordlife

they're pushing the black guys so the WWE doesn't look so racist

:)

lmao only kidding, but I do think this could be a cool idea, CM Punk and R Truth can put on some good matches. But I agree... drop the rap thing

noumenon

^You shouldn't be kidding because that's exactly why they're doing it.