Punk's new task

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

wow, then WWE is steeping so fucking LOW

Why don't they give that push to MVP then that they've been talking bout for how long now?

noumenon

I'm not saying don't push them because they're black. I'm saying don't push them BECAUSE they're black...if that makes sense.
I mean Kofi deserves it... but let's not get all affirmative action and start pushing every black guy in the company because Al Sharpton said he didn't like they way the black guys in the company were treated.

Wordlife

hahahahaha I have to agree with you though. The only two black guys in the WWE imo that truly deserves a huge push for once are Kofi and Shelton. R-Truth over CM Punk though??? Idk seems a bit skeptical to me

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't remember who said it, but they hit the nail on the head.

You have all these vets talking about new talent or whatever, but instead of them working with them, they take out young fresh talent from the main event to work with them. Rediculous. If they didn't shit on Truth when he debutted, he could have been in the main event by now. 2-time world champ and they don't even bother to acknowledge that.

EDIT: Why does this have to be a race thing? Because a black guy is getting pushed on SD and Truth is feuding with Punk?

Kizza

I think they still need to work out Killings is downright horrible in the ring.

xtremebadass

1. Why push Truth? He's been there for a year, he bombed, let's move onto someone else.

2. Why have CM Punk push anyone? As much as I hate to say it, he needs a little boost from WWE right now more than Truth.

DELICIOUS PRETTY RICKY FTW

Wordlife

^Ok Mike for one... that was super homo but I'll let it slide :D

Two... I completely agree with number 2 on your list. As of late, CM Punk has seemed to have been in the dog house. They don't keep the belt on him for too long, he gets easily squashed in matches, or is nowhere to be seen in the outcome.... I shake my head at the WWE Execs and writers who have decided to let CM Punk off the hook. He had something good, something I dare wish to proclaim that I actually liked in him, and now they plan on doing THIS? I shake my head again, another failing WWE push.

phantomgerald

It's not even about that. It's about taking a guy who within a matter of mere months had the best heel heat and role in the entire company and then in a matter of weeks shit all over it by having him feud with a fucking referee and now have him put someone over R Truth of all people into the main event? WWE couldn't even hold down CM Punk's momentum in the main event and now they're gonna throw another person in there to see if he sticks?
It's all desperation to try and fill the void of Jeff. But WWE should have seen shit like this coming for years now and been slowly building guys into the main event role instead of these last minute ass backward desperation attempts at creating stars.
You know how shitty this looks for CM Punk, a guy who just retired Jeff Hardy and feuded with the Undertaker to be taking losses to R Truth who has done NOTHING since being in the company.
And need I bring up PRETTY RICKY?

CM Punk wasn't at the level yet where he can just drop down through the card and not have it look weird. WWE finally succeeded in making a new main event star with Punk and they shit on it almost instantly.

So tell me, who do you think he could be facing now?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

This is ridciculous. Yes, Killings is a horrid wrestler. But the talk that Killings bombed, that he shouldn't be pushed is Blue. Here is a guy who despite not being pushed properly, who despite not getting air time stays remarkably over. The IWC hates his act (I'm not a fan either), yet the average WWE fan loves him, so pushing him is the smart thing to do. It's not a race thing; it's common sense.

As far as Punk being the guy to help him goes, Gerald has it right. Guess what, Punk's got nothing else to do, so why not make use of the momentum he has to assist others in getting momentum too. Unless of course you want to see The Undertaker being the one to help Truth, despite the fact he's World Heavyweight Champion (and rightfully so since we're coming to WrestleMania season and he's a much bigger draw than Punk). Or you may want to see Batista just currently end his feud with Rey and help him out. Or have Chris Jericho end his tag team run suddenly too.

Really, ridiculous. WWE is doing the right thing here.

PeepShow

LOL, so people complain WWE doesn't want to push new people to the top, but when they use CM Punk to create a new main eventer, God damnit it's a crime.

No, it's just that Truth is about the most worthless sack a crap to push in the E.

MizMasta3000

IMO, R-Truth needs to be doing what he was doing in 01-jobbing to mid carders. Instead of Rhyno and Test, he can job to Mcintyre and Escobar. He is a horrendous wrestler and Punk cant fix that.

Looks like were inching for some Truth/Jericho matches.

You put someone in the main event, put Swagger in there.

Another question. After beating the shit out of R-Truth for weeks and defeating him time and again, why is R-Truth getting a push and Drew gets Finlay?

Kizza

This is ridciculous. Yes, Killings is a horrid wrestler. But the talk that Killings bombed, that he shouldn't be pushed is Blue. Here is a guy who despite not being pushed properly, who despite not getting air time stays remarkably over. The IWC hates his act (I'm not a fan either), yet the average WWE fan loves him, so pushing him is the smart thing to do. It's not a race thing; it's common sense.

As far as Punk being the guy to help him goes, Gerald has it right. Guess what, Punk's got nothing else to do, so why not make use of the momentum he has to assist others in getting momentum too. Unless of course you want to see The Undertaker being the one to help Truth, despite the fact he's World Heavyweight Champion (and rightfully so since we're coming to WrestleMania season and he's a much bigger draw than Punk). Or you may want to see Batista just currently end his feud with Rey and help him out. Or have Chris Jericho end his tag team run suddenly too.

Really, ridiculous. WWE is doing the right thing here.

Punk vs McIntyre would be so much better, based on the fact that Drew already beat R-Truth.