Punk getting Punk'd?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

They are wasting him right now.

I like the idea of him turning heel. I think he would make a great heel! Plus, it would be unexpected with him being straight edge.

noumenon

I think it's mostly because they don't have a champion they can put him over right now... unless of course he wastes his shot on the ECW title, but I honestly don't even see him going over Kane. How can you put a guy who has lost to Miz and William Regal in past weeks over HHH, Orton, UT or Edge.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
How about this: Edge screws Undertaker out of the championship at One Night Stand, winning it with his zaniest scheme yet after a 20 minute match. Then Punk comes out, cashes in, and wins it quite easily from Edge.

C4

And one more thing, if he cashes in on the goddamn ECW title, im done.

I was about to say that as well, all the things which are happening with CM Punk, they're all pointing towards the ECW Championship and that's whats going to happen! :disgust1:

Haze187

Reaction score
If you watch Punk in the indies you would know he is a very, very good heel. I rather see him turn heel, he's a lot more interesting and will get more mic time wich is one of his strong points.

Hometown Kid

If you watch Punk in the indies you would know he is a very, very good heel. I rather see him turn heel, he's a lot more interesting and will get more mic time wich is one of his strong points.

Yeah he plays a very good heel no doubt but Vince is going for a more kid friendly angle in the company & kids mostly cheer for faces so...he'll probably just stay on ECW for awhile & hopefully they will actually give him some credible wins over real wrestlers like Shelton,Burke, & Morrison.

C4

I agree that he might be able to portray his heel character to perfection but his straight edge gimmick is going to get him nowhere if he is a heel in WWE.

Whatever happened to MC. Punk? :g:

Final Verdict

Reaction score
I wouldn't be to concerned, I mean Kennedy and Edge after winning the MITB's both went on to lose several matches also. They're just biding time until whatever story they have in place is ready.

MC Rae

Reaction score
I agree that he might be able to portray his heel character to perfection but his straight edge gimmick is going to get him nowhere if he is a heel in WWE.

You see, I think it could work. He could really go to town with it, say he's better than everyone else for being straight edge and he could think he's 'invincible' because because of it too. I don't know, I think turning Punk heel at some point would be a good idea, most of us know he can play a great heel.

Whatever the case I'm excited to see how they'll utilise his title shot in the near future. As long as it isn't cashed in for the ECW title.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I dont think they know quite what to do with him yet. Ive never really been big on Punk he has got talent and shit but he just hasn't really caught my attension TBH. Well that was until last night were i thought he rocked in that match he stood out and i enjoyed watching him. I think they should push him and see if he can do anything with it.

As for ppl saying its down to Trips that Punk isn't doing anything or getting pushed how the hell do you work that out ???? Oh yeah thats right trips is to blame for everything that goes wrong in wwe my bad :p

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Punk is in the same spot as MVP and Chris Jericho, they're everyone's bitch. Seriously Punk hasn't won a "big match" since Wrestlemania (and he had a great run in the King of the Ring tournament by defeating Matt & Y2J but that's it), Jericho hasn't really done a damn thing since he came back and jobbed to everyone in the process. And MVP, even in his 11 month United States Championship run was a jobber. My only guess is that WWE has nothing for them at the moment so they'll just put them in short term feuds until they come up with something.

But the fed is defiantly ruining Punk in my opinion and is making him look pathetic, honestly if Punk were to come out on RAW tonight and tell Triple H he's challenging him for the WWE Championship what do you think would be Hunter's response? Fucking laughter, that's how much Punk has fallen since winning Money in the Bank.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Punk is in the same spot as MVP and Chris Jericho, they're everyone's bitch. Seriously Punk hasn't won a "big match" since Wrestlemania (and he had a great run in the King of the Ring tournament by defeating Matt & Y2J but that's it), Jericho hasn't really done a damn thing since he came back and jobbed to everyone in the process. And MVP, even in his 11 month United States Championship run was a jobber. My only guess is that WWE has nothing for them at the moment so they'll just put them in short term feuds until they come up with something.

But the fed is defiantly ruining Punk in my opinion and is making him look pathetic, honestly if Punk were to come out on RAW tonight and tell Triple H he's challenging him for the WWE Championship what do you think would be Hunter's response? Fucking laughter, that's how much Punk has fallen since winning Money in the Bank.
To be fair, back when Jericho was greeted with an arena of silence he was given a WWE title shot. Now that the crowd goes wild when he comes out, he's a jobber. WWE is officially Bizarro World.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Okay he got a title shot when he came back, since then what has he done? Won the Intercontinental Championship...Just because Crack Hardy fucked himself over (again)

Y2J is a great talent both in the ring and on the mic but WWE dropped the ball with him, same with Punk even Foley said so in an interview on IGN.com

Reaction score
I agree, this is just wrong. I mean, threres still c ahnce they do an underdog type thing after he loses so often and he cashes in MITb and wins that match though.
It may also be jsut me but Im thinking they may use this as a heel turn. Like he could get sick of losing and take it out on Kane, and then also tell off the crowd and make fun of them and calls them so and so for not being straight edge. All this before cashing in MITB.
Bit either way, I dont really trust WWE right now, because they look like they had plans for him but something went wrong, and now theyre just letting him slide.
And one more thing, if he cashes in on the goddamn ECW title, im done.

I cant see Punk being turned heel, and using the fact "you're not all straight edge like me, fuck you" as his reasons. There's two big things wrong with this...

1. why, oh why, would wwe turn someone who is committed to no use of drugs to heel, and then make them hate those who do drink, smoke and use drugs? especially at this point in time, with everything surroounding drug use?

2. its just dumb, lol. you cant use that as an excuse, who's going to buy it? you? yeh, sure.

id like to see him go heel, i think thatd be a great turn of events, and surely it would help him get higher up the card. he could fued with kane, or one of the hardies, and get a little more credibility.

No. What makes it "money in the bank" is the fact that everyone who has held it has gone on to become a champion. It means that, once a year, we see a midcarder come up and really shake up the main event, so every PPV doesn't become "Batista Vs. Undertaker 16, BAH GAWD HE KICKED OUT OF THE BATISTA BOMB THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE BAH GAWD" and "Triple H Vs. Randy Orton 47, BAH GAWD HE KICKED OUT OF THE RKO THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE BAH GAWD." Yeah, they hate each other, we get it, MOVE ON. Make Punk lose the match and that no longer becomes true. It just becomes "in this briefcase is a random championship match."

see how this would be such a great thing to do? it would put punk in the ME scenario, and it would push the shit outta the heel that beats him. imagine the shit edge would get over beating punk when he uses his MiTB contract! And it's not like its the end of the world for Punk, the contract has still done the same thing, it's put him in the ME scene, and quite honestly has given him a little more credibility, since he has to fight twice as hard for it.

on top of this, like i said, it leaves open the doubt in everyone's mind - will they win their title match?

How about this: Edge screws Undertaker out of the championship at One Night Stand, winning it with his zaniest scheme yet after a 20 minute match. Then Punk comes out, cashes in, and wins it quite easily from Edge.

no, lol. i hope this was sarcasm. unless edge is baby face and punk is heel, this will never work. it might sit with the crowd, well, a WWE crowd (not sure about ECW) but it wont give any real credibility to Punk. Id like to see Punk get the title with a straight match, even though the idea of Punk being the "ultimate oppurtunits" against te "ultimate oppurtunist" would be cool.

I dont think they know quite what to do with him yet. Ive never really been big on Punk he has got talent and shit but he just hasn't really caught my attension TBH. Well that was until last night were i thought he rocked in that match he stood out and i enjoyed watching him. I think they should push him and see if he can do anything with it.

As for ppl saying its down to Trips that Punk isn't doing anything or getting pushed how the hell do you work that out ???? Oh yeah thats right trips is to blame for everything that goes wrong in wwe my bad :p

I felt the exact same way yesterday watching JD. Ive never seen the big deal in Punk, but his match yesterday was really good, and I actually enjoyed his moves etc. however, the guy just seems to have this sense of sloppiness in him; not botchy-sloppy, but just his moves, punches, kickes all seem like he's not fully committed of something, and he's only going 80%. This i see in his kicks and punches more than anything.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well the thing is, Punk wouldn't cash in for an easy win. He'd get on the mic and say something like "this crowd doesn't want to see you as the champion, not after pulling that!", etc. The crowd would cheer the hell out of him for it.