Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE

0becad6981.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE is the newest wrestling promotion to hit the independent scene. Based in New York City, the company is owned and run by the wrestlers you’ll see in the ring during shows. Due to the most recent round of WWE ‘Budget Cuts’ and TNA finally allowing indy bookings, you’ll see some familiar faces. Also in PRIDE are top indy stars you see in ROH, PWG, FIP and other feds. Wrestlers will also be working for their other promotions, so there could be some absences. We run shows weekly and will be touring the East Coast mostly. Shows will be broadcast on http://www.freewebs.com/thundastruck5/index.htm, and other specials will be shown and sold there. Though it’s only beginning, expect big things from this new promotion. PRIDE wants to bring the action back into wrestling, and make stars out of the wrestlers. This isn’t a TV Show. This isn’t a bunch of steroid junkies disgracing what people called wrestling. This isn’t a joke. This is the real deal. This is PRO WRESTLING PRIDE.

The Backstory
During the summer of 2007, the wrestling business as a whole was in shambles. The recent controversial deaths of the Benoit family and the continued tragedies of ECW Alumni had taken a toll on all involved with wrestling and sports entertainment. Now companies encountered serious scrutiny from the government, trying to crack down on steroids and drugs in the sport. The WWE suffered the worst summer and overall 3 months in its entire history, with stocks plummeting. They were able to rebound during August with strong Pay per Views and media interviews to gain a considerable amount of respect. But also that summer, the winds had also changed for WWE as a brand. Vince McMahon and his wife Linda chose to step down from their executive positions in the company. Their children Shane and Stephanie took over the business and entertainment aspects of the company respectively. Shane McMahon did a wonderful job, bringing in renewed interest in the WWE. But with her husband at her side, Stephanie McMahon chose to bring a new attitude to Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. ECW became known as the C Brand, and it truly became a home for undercard nobodies. Young stars such as CM Punk, MVP, Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin were released in favor of older veterans to take time up on television. Triple H successfully used himself to become a 12 time champion before the end of summer, and the Nature Boy Ric Flair was forced to watch on the sidelines. Younger superstars like John Cena and Randy Orton watched the King reign supreme over all of their careers.

In the young company TNA, things seemed to be going well. New stars from WWE and WCW were coming in and helping the cause, and TNA had finally made a large profit due to their success. Head booker Vince Russo used the familiar faces in all of his matches and all the title matches, which proved to be a hit with the fans. But the younger members of the roster had nowhere to go, and no way to get noticed. They begged and pleaded with officials to let them work for independent promotions, and the wish was granted. The younger stars now had the option to work for any promotion they wanted, and only if they showed up to Impact tapings on a regular basis.

The independent scene in America had never seen more success. Several promotions were now getting nationwide attention and helped wrestling gain more respect. Legends were made in the stars of the company, and they were soon known as common names. ROH had reached a PPV deal, and the world was buzzing. They proved to be successful, and all promotions thrived from the newfound success of the east coast promotion.

In the winter of 2007, a mysterious, secretive man only known as the Entity appeared on the scene. Unknown to many, he was seen as a mystery. Many thought the mysterious figure was Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff or even Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself. The Entity sought out several stars of all 3 major American outlets, trying to develop a wrestling product like none other. He traveled all across America and scouted all that he could. He signed several wrestlers to open contracts, assembling a very diverse roster. The Entity sought to create the mix of athleticism and entertainment that all were craving for. By January 2008, all the work was done, and The Entity finally called his new soldiers together. He showed everyone, still under a disguise, the plan and mission of his new promotion. He called his new promotion PRIDE, not being scared of the past and not hiding from the light of the future. In less than a year, wrestling had changed. Though not many had been expecting it, Pro Wrestling PRIDE had come to make an impact.

People
ROSTER3.jpg

Commish.jpg

Non-Wrestlers.jpg

AnnounceTeam.jpg

Interview.jpg

Wrestler Spotlight
http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246749&postcount=63

Stables

Titles

Intl-1.jpg

PRIDEHvwght.jpg

TagTitle-1.jpg

Light.jpg

HulkStar

*Whisltes*
This is pretty Unique I have never seen how you write so I wonder how this will turn out...
I will be reviewing Your Debut Show...
But Can I say? You Have a hell of alot of stables, and In the list of stables you repeated the Non Wreslters Twice.
You have a crazy staff team Masters as commentary? Hernandez NOT wreslting?
Oh and Your Picture of the Roster Isss WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOO SMALL!!!!!
Lol But it iss unique so I cant wait for the 1st show....
Review WWE: A FRESH START When you have the chance

PeepShow

So your whole roster consists of Stables and no singles wrestlers?

therazar

Reaction score
Well I am looking forward to this btb i like your roster, i love btbs that use independent wrestling scene talent, I myself mix it up. This gives the japanese feel with so many stables. Quick question why doesn't hernadez wrestle?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
*Whisltes*
This is pretty Unique I have never seen how you write so I wonder how this will turn out...
I will be reviewing Your Debut Show...
But Can I say? You Have a hell of alot of stables, and In the list of stables you repeated the Non Wreslters Twice.
You have a crazy staff team Masters as commentary? Hernandez NOT wreslting?
Oh and Your Picture of the Roster Isss WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOO SMALL!!!!!
Lol But it iss unique so I cant wait for the 1st show....
Review WWE: A FRESH START When you have the chance

I booked DOW for like 3 shows, it's featured in the BTB 24/7 section. Masters' role as announcer is just being used to do something in the future. Hernandez will wrestle, but not as often as the other guys in his stable. Fixed the roster picture.

And for all the Stables, I wanted to set it up as a stable warfare kind of thing, there might be a Trios Title soon. Singles wrestlers will be debuted soon, but not in a couple of shows.

I'll be reviewing lots of shows too.

Questions, Feedback, Hate Mail, etc. are all welcome.

HulkStar

I booked DOW for like 3 shows, it's featured in the BTB 24/7 section. Masters' role as announcer is just being used to do something in the future. Hernandez will wrestle, but not as often as the other guys in his stable. Fixed the roster picture.

And for all the Stables, I wanted to set it up as a stable warfare kind of thing, there might be a Trios Title soon. Singles wrestlers will be debuted soon, but not in a couple of shows.

I'll be reviewing lots of shows too.

Questions, Feedback, Hate Mail, etc. are all welcome.

Ohh
Ok That Sounds kool as hell
I'd Like To See The Murder City Machine Guns take on the Strong Style Thugs
And Areil Assult go against The New Nation
Like I said I am intrested in thisa nd will be reviewing...
Also check out WWE: A Fresh Start once you get a chance =)

Riggs

Reaction score
looks pretty cool. Nice talented roster, i'll be reviewing.

Evil Austin

I am not that new here but i have never really seen any of your work. I will be checking it out as from what i have heard your work is really good. Also if you get any spare time check out my one mania is almost up. waw we are wrestling

The Leviathan

Reaction score
looks cool man, and I think it's alright to have so many stables in the roster. Really liked the rosters, this show should be great. I am checking it out.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE Preview for 3/7/08

PRIDEBanner.jpg

Pro Wrestling Pride
The Debut - Showcase
3/7/08
Manhattan,NY

-Alex Shelley vs Austin Aries vs Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans
Founding Members of Generation Next Collide in this Fatal 4 Way. These men used to tag with each other and matured together for several years in the past.Who will emerge victorious and gain the right to call themselves the greatest Generation Next Alumni?

-Paul Burchill vs Samoa Joe
This will be a hard hitting, stiff match between two very strong men. Can Paul Burchill, representing The Untamed, outstrike and outlast the Samoan Submission Machine? This match is for a #1 Seed in Bracket A of the PRIDE Title Tournament.

-Muscle Militia vs The Dynasty

In a PRIDE specialty match, the 6 Man Tag, we will see the Muscle Militia, PRIDE's strongest and most muscular tag team, take on The members of The Dynasty, as cocky as ever with Larry Sweeney now on their side. The 6 Man Tag is a match that will be used greatly on future PRIDE shows.

-Tyler Black & Harry Smith vs El Generico & Steen
The newest member of the Age of The Fall, Harry Smith will get to show what he's got in this match. He will tell why he turned his back on his past and why he joined Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, and Lacey in their Revolution. Can they spread the Revolution when they take on PRIDE's most unusual Tag Team?

-CM Punk vs MVP

In this match, these 2 wrestlers will show how much pain they can bring to each other and what they can really do in a wrestling match, not a sports entertainment bout. The winner of this match will get the #1 seed in Bracket B of the upcoming PRIDE Hevyweight Title Match.

-London & Kendrick vs Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

Erick Stevens and Matt Cross have been called "The Future of Wrestling." London and Kendrick can fly through the air and easily put away their opponents with an outstanding Aerial Attack. Will the members of the Resilience be able to outpower the high flyers?

-Cody Rhodes vs Davey Richards
This will be a very technical and very strategized match. Davey Richards of the NRC will take on Cody Rhodes of the Untamed in a battle to see who is the better technician. Can Cody Rhodes make an accomplishment other than being Dusty's son, or will Richards be able to take him down and show that the NRC mean business?

Switchy

Reaction score
Nice preview, very in depth detail to that maatches and why they are hapening or some background info and CM Punk/MVP is gonna be sick and I could see The 2nd City Saints Vs The New Nation happen soon. Paul Burchill and Samoa joe is also gonna be sick and I don't even have a clue whose going to win that one! Check out WWE: Era of '08 if you got any time :)

John

a unique announce team. dean malenko, simon dean and chris masters. i cant wait for the show. good line up, definately a unique thread to say the least. good luck and you can review my show anytime you want.

xtremebadass

This is quite interesting, good preview, I need to read the first show to get the full effect of this though.

5thRowSaint

Reaction score
Very nice roster some things do seem to be odd but I can deal with it. How you having the Vulture Squad w/o Ruckus though? :blink: Anyway I will be rooting for Larry Sweeney every time.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - Debut Show 3/8/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
The Debut
3/8/08

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the t.v.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The PRIDE logo flashes across the screen again. Hundreds of screaming fans are in the Chelsea Piers Sports Complex in Manhattan, New York. The lights dim and strobe lights flash. The screen cuts to the entrance stage, and Sirius plays as Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat steps through the curtain. He shakes the fans’ hands and makes his way to the ring. He grabs a mic and acknowledges the fans. He begins to speak…

Steamboat – Welcome fans and online viewers to the debut of Pro Wrestling PRIDE!

The fans applaud and make noise on the guardrail. He waits for silence and speaks again.

RS – For the past few years I’ve been searching for a wrestling promotion that would give me the purity of wrestling mixed with entertainment the common man would enjoy. After all the searching, I honestly can say that I’ve found that promotion. This is the Wrestling Federation that I’ve been waiting for, and hopefully the one that you guys have been wishing for. What I said was all honest, I really have high hopes for this promotion and hope they will have great success in the future. Though this is the very first show, I have a feeling this is something that will be great. This promotion, PRIDE, brings back the glory days of wrestling, the pure, real wrestling style—

His voice is cut off as a car crash is heard and Wreck begins to play. Mick Foley is standing on the stage, with a huge grin, on his way to the ring. He grabs his own mic and begins to speak in the ring.

Foley – Well hello, Mr. Steamboat, and hello to these great fans from this great city of New York!

The fans chant his name and applaud.

MF – Well Mr. Steamboat, I heard you utter the word pure. Were you mentioning your style of wrestling, the perfectionist style that I am against?

Steamboat nods his head saying no.

MF – Well it doesn’t matter, I’m not here to call you and your style out, I am here to talk about this new promotion, Pro Wrestling PRIDE. You said that the guys here will bring back the pureness of wrestling. But I believe that these guys can take it to the Extreme side too. This promotion can be best called the Best of Both Worlds, sorry to my kids for making a Hannah Montana reference. This promotion could be the first to challenge WWE in a few years. And being named co-commissioner, of this place, I think it’s an honor. You probably think so too Ricky.

The two stare at each other for a few seconds. Foley extends his hand out to Steamboat. After some reluctance, Steamboat extends his hand and shakes it. Bulbs flash in this historic moment. Suddenly the room goes pitch black. The lights turn back on and three men wearing all black start to pummel on both Foley and Steamboat. The men are the members of The Age of The Fall, and they continue their assault until the two commissioners roll out of the ring. Foley and Steamboat’s guards, Mark Jindrak and Lance Hoyt run from the back to save the 2 men. Jimmy Jacobs hits both of the large men with his walking stick, and Tyler Black and Harry Smith smash their heads with chairs. They fall out of the ring. Jimmy Jacobs picks up one of the dropped microphones and begins to speak.

Jacobs – Crawl to the back you two washed up old men. All of the words you said were just crappy lies so you could get a paycheck. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jimmy Jacobs, the leader of the Revolution, the Age of The Fall. By my side are Lacey, Tyler Black and the newest member, Harry Smith. Some of you may know us and what we’re about, but others have yet to learn of the Revolution that will change the world. All I can say now is that this Revolution has already affected the thousands, and it’s spreading. This is a stand against the old culture, this is the rise of the imperfect. This is the beginning of the end of all you see in television and hear in music. This is the uprising of the people that were once nobodies, they will become the leaders of this new generation. Well enough of that. I know that you people are wondering why Harry Smith is joining this revolution. You know it’s Harry Smith, the son of Davey Boy, a member of the prestigious Hart Family. You’re shocked to see him with us, and want to learn his reason for joining me, Tyler and Lacey as a leader in this revolution. But his reason is pretty simple. Harry, would you like to tell the people why you’re here with us today?

The fans chant “STEROIDS” loudly as Smith grabs the mic.

H. Smith – Thank you Jimmy for introducing me to these people. And yes, this is the real deal. Like Jimmy said, it’s easy to explain why I’m here with the Age of The Fall. You all know that I was used as a symbol of what steroids can do to you in the WWE. I’ll be honest, I knew that steroids could get me fired and ruin my career. But I ran the risk. You know why? Because the fame and the glory outweighed all that would happen if I was caught. Just think, if I had the bigger, more muscular body, I was guaranteed to be called up to the main roster. I had the ring skills, the family background and the connections for me to become a champion. But I needed one more thing, so I sold my soul to Vince McMahon and took the ‘roids. That was the only way for most people to become successful, just look at the WWE Roster, probably half of those guys could have failed a drug test once in their life. I love the family values it’s teaching, just stick a needle up your ass for the key to all your dreams. And I bet you that people in the locker room are doing that stuff to get a job too. I was fired because I was caught. I was a wreck, I battled depression and wondered why I ran the risk. My life was turning to shambles. But unlike other people, I was saved. The Age of The Fall came to me and saved me from the downward spiral I was on. They told me their message and I became a follower. And it all fell into place. They had the same beliefs I did, and were doing something about it, starting a Revolution. This is now a Revolution against those people that I mentioned earlier. This is a battle against the people that sell their soul to the devil himself for glory, a man I once was. Being a cookie-cutter, generic guy with muscles, that’s what we’re the opposite of. We’re also against you fans who cheer for and buy those glory whores’ merchandise. This is a Revolution against those who take the shortcut, as apposed to those like me, Jimmy, or Tyler who struggled to even make a name for ourselves in a dump like this. And people know that this is just…

“Ole!” stops Smith’s rant and Team Ego, Steen, Generico and Taylor run to the ring hyped up. They slide into the ring and take the mic.

Chuck Taylor – Shut up you emo freak. Stop being a bitch about you failing a drug test. What are you going to cry about next, the strobe lighting here doesn’t come in black?

Steen – Me and El Generico are supposed to have a match right now against you and Tyler Black. We’ve been waiting for you to shut the hell up, but for the past maybe 2 days you’ve been talking. We’ve come here for a fight and show the new fans who we are and what Pro Wrestling PRIDE is really about. Someone bring out a ref, I’m about to eat these 2 boys if I don’t have a match to wrestle in right now.

A ref makes his way to the ring and the two teams make their way to their respective corners. Jimmy Jacobs, Lacey and Chuck Taylor get out of the ring and let the men finally start their match.

Tag Team Match
Harry Smith and Tyler Black vs. El Generico and Kevin Steen

Simon Dean – Here we go, our first match ever in Pro Wrestling PRIDE, after a long wait.

Malenko – That’s right Simon, I was going to pull the plug on The Fall too if they wouldn’t shut up. But now we get to see one of wrestling’s best young teams take on one of the most hyped stables in indy wrestling history.
Masters – I’m really pulling for Team EGO to win, I can’t stand Harry Smith, Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black. So what if Smith failed a drug test, I did too and I’m not bitching about it like him.
Simon – But here we go, the moment we’ve all been waiting for.

*Bell Rings*

The match starts off with El Generico and Tyler Black, the two quicker and lighter wrestlers of the two tag teams. They circle the ring, and Generico gets the fans pumped up and start an Ole! Chant. After a few more moments, the two lock up. Black is able to push Generico towards the ropes and starts pummeling him with a big array of punches and kicks. The ref breaks it up and Black makes his way back to the center of the ring. Black yells at the fans as Generico tries to recover. The two meet at the center of the ring again and lock up once more. This time, The Generic One is able to use his speed to get a waistlock on Black. Black tries to reverse, but it goes for nothing as Generico now grabs his left wrist for a wrist lock. Black is able to roll out of it and now puts his opponent into a waist lock. He elbows Generico in the shoulder and is able to put on a hammer lock. Generico can’t counter and is pushed into the ropes chest first while still in the lock. Generico holds onto the ropes to break the hold. Black backs up again, but attacks the left arm of the Generic Wrestler again right when the referee steps away. He Irish Whips Generico and is looking to bring him to the ground. Generico goes for a lariat but Black moves out of the way. Generico hits the other ropes and is brought down by an arm drag by Tyler Black. Black holds onto the arm and locks in an arm bar on the ground. After a few seconds in the hold, Generico rolls over and catches Black in a pin attempt. 1… Kicked out easily, pushing his boots into Generico’s face. Black gets up and stomps on Generico’s wounded left elbow. Black pulls Generico up and puts him in a wrist lock. Black pulls him to his corner and tags in Harry Smith. Smith climbs to the second rope and drops the hammer down on Generico’s elbow. Generico is on the mat again and is pinned. 1…2… Kicked out, but barely. Harry Smith picks Generico up and release back suplexes him. Generico is close enough to tag in Kevin Steen and he does so. Steen comes in and hits a beautiful dropkick to a charging Harry Smith and a superkick to Tyler Black who just ran into the ring. Steen yells ‘come on’ and he hears the fans’ response. Smith gets up and is quickly Irish whipped towards the ropes. Steen lays low, and then gets up and hits a heel kick on Smith when he brings himself up. Smith is brought to Team Ego’s corner and Steen makes a quick tag to his partner. Steen lifts Smith up for a vertical suplex, and then Generico springboards and hits a crossbody onto Smith, driving him down with Steen’s suplex. Cover. 1…2.. Tyler Black breaks it up. Black is able to distract Generico enough that Smith is able to hit a clothesline.

Masters – The perfect display of great tag wrestling, distract the ref and hit the opponent and take advantage.

Malenko – How would you know, you were only in a few tag matches in the time that I saw you.

Smith runs across the ropes and hits a knee drop to the arm of Generico. He drags Generico to a turnbuckle and he sets up for a maneuver on the opponent leaning on the turnbuckle. He goes for a body splash but Generico is able to move out of the way. Now Smith is against the turnbuckle and Generico yells out “Ole!” He goes for the corner boot, but Smith moves out of the way too. As soon as Generico turns around, Smith grabs him and puts him on the top turnbuckle. Smith steps back and then charges at Generico, hitting a dropkick to the knees on the ropes. Smith quickly goes up the ropes and hooks Generico’s head in for a superplex. Generico is able to barely fight back. Smith pulls his opponent up and is about to drive him down, but Generico turns the Suplex into a Tornado DDT in mid-air. Generico rolls towards Steen and makes the hot tag. While the ref isn’t looking, Jimmy Jacobs was able to bring Smith in position for a tag to Black. Black receives the tag and as soon as he gets in the ring, he falls victim to an STO from the bigger Steen. Smith distracts Steen as Tyler Black gets up. Black rolls Steen up. 1…2… Nearly got a surprise pin. Smith and Black are in the ring and they’re trying to work together. Smith nails a backbreaker and Black is able to stomp Steen in the chest. Smith gets in with the legal tag. He tries to set up a powerslam, but is having trouble picking Steen up. Black assists him and it looks like they’re going for a double powerslam. El Generico rushes to the corner and saves his partner, hitting a running DDT on Black that took him out of the ring. Smith and Steen are trading punches. Attention turns to El Generico, who’s standing on the top rope. Tyler Black is just getting up on the outside. El Generico hits a corkscrew moonsault off of the turnbuckle and knocks Jacobs, Lacey and Black down. Back in the ring Steen and Smith both hit lariats on each other. They get up and the same time. Harry Smith runs and nails a boot that brought Steen to his knees. Smith crosses the arms and sets up the Stampede Bomb. He brings him up, but Steen rolls down and goes for the Package Piledriver. Smith is able to counter and sets up the Stampede Bomb again. This time, Steen turns it into a sunset flip and both get up quick again. Steen hits a superkick on Smith and hooks the arms and legs. Package Piledriver! A tired Steen pins Harry Smith.
1…2…3!

Steven D’Angelis - Here are your winners, Kevin Steen and El Generico!

Chuck Taylor gets in the ring and congratulates his stable mates. They get out of the ring and yell at little kids and make them cry. After a few moments, the Age of The Fall limp to the back, getting booed with every step taken. The camera now shows the announce team.

Simon – History’s been made, Kevin Steen and El Generico have become the winners of the first Pro Wrestling PRIDE match.

Masters – That and they were able to shut up the Age of The Fall too.
Malenko – What a great way to start the first show, but we still have even more matches coming up. Next up is Cody Rhodes vs. Davey Richards.

D’Angelis – This match is a singles match, scheduled for one fall to a finish under a 30 minute time limit.

Charisma hits and Davey Richards’ steps through the curtain. He has an angry look on his face and yells at some fans.

D’Angelis – Standing in at 5 feet 9 inches weighing 208 pounds representing the No Remorse Corps, Davey Richards.

Cody Rhodes’ music plays and he walks to the ring, getting the fans to cheer him.

D’Angelis – Standing at 6 foot 1 inch, weighing 230 pounds representing the Untamed, this is Cody Rhodes!

Malenko – This should be a great technical bout as these 2 young stars lock up right now.

Masters – The only reason Cody Rhodes is called a good wrestler is that he’s Dusty’s son, and it automatically gives him some fame.
Simon – You’re wrong, Cody is smart in the ring and is improving with every match. Sure he’s the American Dream’s son but he could make himself into a star too.
Masters – But he’s not as good as me.

Singles Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Davey Richards

*Bell Rings*

Cody and Richards meet in the middle of the ring and stare each other down. Rhodes has the obvious height advantage as he offers a handshake to his opponent. Richards refuses and pushes Rhodes to the mat. Richards points at his head as he thought it was a smart move. Cody gets up and locks up with Davey. Rhodes pushes Richards to the corner and the ref tells him to break. Rhodes backs up, then Richards charges at him. Cody moves out of the way and counters with a drop toe hold. He capitalizes quickly and puts Richards in a side headlock. The fans applaud Rhodes. Richards tries to reach his limbs to the nearest rope, but he can’t reach. Richards is able to roll over to get Rhodes in a pin while still in the lock. Rhodes quickly moves back to the hold right before the ref could even start counting. Richards now uses his knees to get himself into a roll to escape the hold. Both men get up and they go for a test of strength. Rhodes pushes Richards down still holding him, but Richards bridges back up and gets even with Rhodes. He uses his leg to knock Rhodes to his back. Richards puts his opponent into a side headlock in a riding position. Rhodes is able to get his left leg to touch the ropes to break the hold. Richards pulls him to the middle of the ring. Davey runs against the ropes and hits a leg drop onto the back of Richards’ head. Cover. 1..2.. Kicked out. Rhodes now is in a seated position. Richards hits several stiff roundhouse kicks to the back, finishing with a dropkick to the face. Another pin attempt. Kick out at 2. Both men get up and Richards whips Cody against the ropes. Richards hits a kick to Cody, and now he runs against the ropes and hits a dropkick which drives Cody to the corner. Richards charges and hits a running elbow smash. Richards now goes for a running lariat but Cody ducks and goes for a springboard against the ropes, going for a flying forearm, but Richards counters that into another head lock. Rhodes counters and he runs against the ropes. Richards uses his opponent’s momentum to hit an arm drag, but Rhodes lands on his feet. Richards now goes for another lariat, but Rhodes goes for an arm drag. Richards lands on his feet too, and the two stare each other down in separate corners of the ring.

Malenko – What an even matchup, they’ve been in there for a few minutes already and no one has the advantage yet.

The two lock up once again. Richards gets a waist lock on and tries to German Suplex Rhodes. Cody grabs the ropes to block the attempt and he hits elbows to the sides of Davey’s head. Richards lets go and Rhodes now tries to grab his opponent’s head for a neckbreaker. Richards prevents this and pushes Rhodes against the ropes. Richards locks Rhodes and finally hits a German suplex. He holds onto him and bridges for the cover. 1…2… Another kick out by Rhodes. Richards tries to go for a second suplex, but when he releases, Cody flips and lands on his feet. Rhodes now hits a dropkick to the back of Davey, which throws him against the ropes. Rhodes holds his elbow up for a big elbow, but Richards handsprings and hits an enziguiri. Richards now climbs to the top rope and calls for a Shooting Star Press. He jumps and hits a beautiful SSP. Cover. 1…2… Kicked out again. Richards now calls for the DR Driver II, and waits for Rhodes to get up. Rhodes finally makes his way back to his feet, and Richards hooks his arms. Davey pulls him up, but Rhodes gets back to his feet. This repeats a few more times between the two. The two men struggle to get each other to weaken. Finally Rhodes counters Richards’ attempt into a modified Northern Lights Suplex. Rhodes covers, but Davey’s foot was on the rope. Rhodes picks Davey up and whips him to the corner, and Cody runs towards him. Richards jumps up and holds onto the ropes to evade Rhodes’ attack. Richards hooks Rhodes arms and goes for a Tiger Suplex, but Rhodes is able to duck to his knees and sweeps Richards’ legs from under him. Rhodes climbs to the second rope and waits for Richards to get up. Richards gets up and is still groggy, and he is hit with a Reverse Elbow Smash by Rhodes. Rhodes tries to follow up with an elbow drop, but Davey rolls over and gets up. Richards pushes Rhodes into the ref and both are down. Rocky Romero, Richards’ tag partner runs out from the back and into the ring. He picks Rhodes up and hits a brutal, stiff Roundhouse kick to Rhodes’ face. It nearly knocked his head right off, Rhodes is out. Romero quickly runs out of the ring. Davey Richards calls for the DR Driver once again. He moves to the center of the ring, hooks the arms and finally hits the double underhook piledriver. Richards covers, but the ref is still down. Richards wakes him up and he slowly begins to count.
1…..2…..3!

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Davey Richards!

Davey Richards celebrates his win and mocks Cody Rhodes.

Simon – Another cheap win by the NRC.

Masters – At least he knows that Romero has his back. That is true teamwork right there. Richards was going to win anyway, so it doesn’t matter.
Malenko – Rhodes gave Richards a run for his money, he used a good strategy and weakened Richards. Davey had some help, but I’m wondering where Rhodes’ partners were.
Simon – Right now we’re going to hear from Prince Nana, the leader of the Embassy. He sounds pretty angry: he was on a path of destruction back in the locker room before the show.

Drugs [Instrumental] echoes through the venue and Prince Nana and the members of the Embassy walk towards the ring. Rave, Hero and Castagnoli all taunt some fans with strong words. Nana gets into the ring with a mic in hand. He absorbs the crowd’s loud boos.

Prince Nana – Well, well nothing has changed since the last time I was here in New York City. The same old fat boys are here, very excited to see me and the new Embassy. Well I say to you people, Shut Up Fat boys! You know that you all came to see the glorious return of the greatest faction in professional wrestling today. But now we are better than we were before. We now have the former Kings of Wrestling, Christopher Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, reunited. I raised taxes in Ghana just to get these 2 boys to join me. Put these two together with Jimmy Rave, we can never be stopped.

Someone throws a roll of toilet paper on Prince Nana’s back. Jimmy Rave picks up the roll and throws it back where it came from. He continues to speak.

Nana – But I am out here today to say something that has made me very, very angry. For all the taxes raised and all the money I spent, the Pro Wrestling PRIDE officials did not put any of my men in a match. Do you know why? They are scared; they know that if The Embassy takes on anyone, the opponent would die. They know that we can not be stopped, so they just didn’t put us in a match. But that makes no difference, because you people do not deserve to see the Embassy wrestle. It’s a blessing for you people just to see us here now. So savor the moment and take your cameras out because you may never see us again. The next time you will see us we will be running Pro Wrestling PRIDE; we will hold every title and be holding every spot. This Embassy will become a Nation of people, celebrities and many people that you would be jealous of. I know that the people in this promotion are afraid to fight us. That’s why no one is here now. But now we have to go because tonight the members of the Embassy are going to the finest Strip club in New Jersey to celebrate what is going to happen in the future.

Drugs plays again and The Embassy leave the ring, yelling at the fans on their way to the back.

Masters – Strong words from the Embassy right there. I think that Prince Nana’s right, it’s a load of crap that they can’t wrestle and we all know why.

Malenko – Because there was no space left on the card smart guy.

Simon – But we have yet another match right now in this huge show, it’s the team of London and Kendrick taking on Matt Cross and Erick Stevens.

D’Angelis – The following is a tag team match under a 30 minute time limit scheduled for one fall.

The first chord of Rocker hits and Brian Kendrick and Paul London walk to the ring, strutting and goofing around, not their usual sprint.

D’Angelis – Making their way to the ring at a combined weight of 390 pounds representing the Aerial Assault accompanied by Ashley Massaro, Paul London and Brian “Spanky” Kendrick!

Decimation plays throughout the fieldhouse, and Erick Stevens and Matt Cross pose on the entrance stage

D’Angelis – Next, weighing at a total weight of 415 pounds representing the Resilience, Erick Stevens and Matt Cross!

Malenko – The reunited Resilience still have to prove that they can gel as a tag team here in PRIDE.
Simon – Stevens and Cross have been deemed by many as future World Champs, but first they have to get through London and Kendrick, which won’t be easy.
Masters – London and Kendrick are too high risk for my taste. They can crash and burn at any minute and against a monster like Erick Stevens, they’ll just fly into a brick wall.

Tag Team Match
The Resilience (Matt Cross and Erick Stevens) vs. Brian “Spanky” Kendrick and Paul London​

*Bell Rings*

London and Cross start off the match, on opposite sides of the ring, circling each other. London and Cross lock up in the middle of the ring. Cross grabs London’s left arm and twists it into a wrist lock. London rolls to neutralize the hold and puts him in a wrist lock of his own. Cross tries to roll forward, then backwards, but London grabs the arm back into a hammer lock. Cross counters into the same hold, and knocks London’s legs out, forcing him to the mat. Cross still has him in the lock and bridges, adding extra pressure to the wrist and forearm. London elbows his opponent with his free arm and breaks the hold. London and Cross get up and they exchange forearms, then semi-stiff chops. Cross puts London in a side headlock and London struggles to counter. He still fights, trying to get a rope to hang on to. Cross prevents a counter, as he tries to step onto the turnbuckles to force London down. But London pushes Cross away and into the turnbuckle chest first. London hits an enziguiri onto the back of Cross’ head, then following with a jackknife pin. 1…2… Cross put his foot on the rope to break the pin. London makes a quick tag to Brian Kendrick, who then runs into the ring with energy. He vaults his body towards Matt Cross, but M-Dogg is able to jump up and evade the attack. He dives towards his corner and tags in his partner Erick Stevens. Stevens pushes Kendrick to the ground, but he gets right back up and smiles at his opponent. The two lock up and Kendrick quickly puts Stevens in a headlock. Stevens powers him to the ropes and Kendrick is whipped to the opposite side of the ring. Kendrick goes for a shoulder block, but Stevens doesn’t move. Kendrick goes for another shoulder block, and the same thing happens again. Kendrick tries for a third time, and Stevens flips him over in a belly to belly suplex. But Spanky lands miraculously on his feet. He runs against the ropes again, but instead of hitting an attack, he locks in a Crucifix armbar. Stevens is still standing, but is about to fall to his knees. He falls backwards, in an impromptu Samoan Drop, but Kendrick still has him in the hold. Stevens carries himself and Kendrick back up, still in the painful hold. Stevens walks to his corner and tags in Matt Cross. Kendrick is dropped and Matt Cross hits an elbow drop on him. Kendrick gets up slowly, and Matt Cross climbs onto the top turnbuckle. Kendrick charges at him, but Cross jumps off and rolls at the last second. Kendrick charges again and he attempts to hit a head scissors. Cross was dazed and flips after receiving the move, but into his corner and tags in Stevens. Kendrick tags to Paul London as this happens. All four men are in the ring. Cross and Kendrick brawl, but Cross gouges the eye of Brian and steps out of the ring. Kendrick recovers and jumps no handed out of the ring, nailing a picture perfect Suicide Senton onto Matt Cross. London just ducked a Stevens Clothesline and grabs Stevens’ head and drives him down for a neckbreaker. London motions the Standing SSP. He backs up, runs towards the downed Stevens and hits it! Cover. 1…2… He kicked out at the very last moment. Stevens gets up as London makes his way to the outside apron. London springboards and attempts a hurracanrana. Stevens sees London and catches him and drops him into a loud Sit-Down Powerbomb. Stevens covers. London grabbed the rope before the ref began to count.

Masters – See, I told you so, London would crash and burn because he’s no match for the bigger Stevens.

Malenko – I must admit you’re right Chris. But London got a lucky break because he was close to the ropes. Good instincts by him, it probably just saved him in this match.

London crawls towards the turnbuckle and gets up. Stevens yells “Choo Choo” and he goes for a corner splash. London gets his knees up and Stevens cringes in pain. London runs towards Stevens, but jumps over him and makes the tag to Brian Kendrick. Both men stand in the ring and run towards Stevens, who is holding his abdominal area. London hits an Ace Crusher and Kendrick hit a dropkick to the legs simultaneously. Kendrick covers. 1…2… Matt Cross broke up the pin. He starts to elbow Kendrick and whips him to the corner. He handsprings and hits a dropkick to Kendrick’s face. Stevens is back up, but still in pain. The two members of the Resilience team up to bring Kendrick down. Stevens holds Brian in a Canadian Backbreaker hold while Cross jumps onto the rope and they hit a flying neckbreaker/backbreaker combo. Stevens now hits a ground splash and gets up, catching Cross, and then holding him up to hit an elevated SSP. Cross covers, but he’s not the legal man. Cross gets back to his corner and Stevens makes a proper tag. Cross climbs to the top rope and goes for a corkscrew moonsault. He made it look pretty, but he hit the mat as Kendrick moved out of the way. Stevens gets in the ring to stop Kendrick from tagging in London. He big boots Kendrick, knocking him flat on his back. Cross covers again. 1…2… Kendrick kicked out. As Cross gets up, Paul London slingshots in and crossbodies a surprised M-Dogg. Stevens gets in the ring and tries a double lariat, but L&K double drop toe hold him. Kendrick grabs London’s foot and flips him over in an assisted moonsault. Kendrick double stomps the back of Stevens’ head, but Matt Cross is back up and hits a leg lariat onto Spanky. London goes for a dropkick, but catches nothing but air. Paul London and Brian Kendrick are lying next to each other, and Cross is climbing the turnbuckles. He hits a split legged moonsault onto both men and covers with Stevens adding extra force to the cover. 1…2… Big kick out by both men. Stevens picks Kendrick up and calls for the Doctor Bomb. He pulls Brian up, but Brian slides out and hits a superkick onto Stevens, which made him fall out of the ring. London and Cross get up at the same time. L&K hit a double dropkick to Cross’ knees. London dropkicks the back of Cross’ head and Kendrick sets up a move. He hits the Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick stays on his knees and aids London in hitting the SSP. Stevens is up on the outside and London jumps out and catches him with a suicide dive. Kendrick covers Cross.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis - Here are your winners via pinfall, Paul London and Brian Kendrick!

London and Kendrick Celebrate with Ashley outside the ring, being cheered loudly by the fans.

Simon – What a hard fought victory by London & Kendrick.

Masters – They got so lucky this match, but when they take on bigger tougher guys like the Strong Style Thugs, they could be put away easy.

Malenko – I think you’re just jealous because their arm drag counter is more athletic than your best move.

Masters – Really funny Dean, but it doesn’t matter how good my moveset is, I could still beat them.
Simon – Moving on now, we’re throwing it to Lena Yada backstage where she’s with Alex Shelley.

The camera cuts to the backstage interview area, with a background with the PRIDE logo covering it. Lena Yada is there with mic in hand, with Alex Shelley who has a very serious look on his face.

Lena – I’m here with Alex Shelley. Alex, up next you have a big four way match against your former Generation Next teammates. What are your goals for tonight’s match?

Shelley – My goals? My goals for this next match are to show that I am the most successful member of Generation Next. Four years ago that was true and right now. I’m going to show the world and Pro Wrestling PRIDE fans that I am the reason for all the success the other former members of Generation Next have all their success today. But my main goal obviously is to beat them, and beat them is something that I should be able to do. Because ever since I was kicked out of Generation Next, I vowed to never be disrespected and to prove to those 3 guys that they lost the jewel of the faction, the key to the car if you will. Last time I checked, I was the one wrestling on TV and Pay-Per-View. What have the other guys done? Sure, they’ve had some good work in ROH, Japan and other places, but it’s not like wrestling with the likes of Kurt Angle and Booker T. Tonight something will be learned by everyone who sees this match. They’ll know that Alex Shelley is the one to respect and the one to admire, and those other 3 guys, they’re second rate to me.

He throws down the mic and walks away, muttering encouragement to himself. The camera now cuts to the locker room area, where Leticia Cline is walking around, with a mic in hand. She reaches to a door that says “Ballers Locker Room.” She knocks and someone opens. It’s Jack Evans accompanied by Julius Smokes, JTG and the Human Tornado. Leticia speaks and asks…

Leticia – Hello Vulture Squad, I’m just here to ask a few questions.

Smokes – Go ahead honey, I’m all yours.

Leticia – This is a question for Jack Evans. Jack we all know that you suffered a major injury and had your face rearranged. Why did you come back so quickly?
Smokes – Hold on a second lady, what are you tryin’ to get at? Are you trying to get Jack out of his match and lose money and a win?

Evans – Calm down bro. I came back quickly because I know that the world of wrestling wouldn’t be the same without me, and if you’re missing your favorite playa, that never is a good thing.
Leticia – Ok. Tonight you’re in a 4 way Match against your former Generation Next partners. Why do you want this match to be your return match after your brief hiatus?
Evans – Because it’s an easy win girl, plain and simple. You know that the greatest member of GenNext had to be me. I’m pretty big in Japan, I’m a street legend, and thousands of girls want me. What’s there to lose? I know that if I win this match, I’ll be rollin.’ Also there’s no better way to make my comeback against people I lost respect for. Because you know PRIDE will turn into the Jack Evans show, and I can take all 3 of those wack ass dudes. And you know this….

Evans walks away alone, on his way to the ring for his upcoming match.

D’Angelis – The following match is a Four Way Grudge Match Scheduled for one fall under a 45 minute time limit.

911 hits and Jack Evans stands at the stage.

D’Angelis – On his way to the ring, from Parkland, Washington standing at 5 feet 8 inches and 180 pounds, Jack Evans!

Personal Jesus hits and Austin Aries walks to the ring, telling fans to shut up because they’re booing him.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring from Milwaukee, Wisconsin standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, 208 pounds Austin Aries!

A Victim, A Target echoes through the arena and Roderick Strong looks at the ring with a cocky gaze.

D’Angelis – Next, He is from Tampa, Florida at 5 feet 10 inches and 215 pounds, this is Roderick Strong!

Six Barrel Shotgun erupts and the crowd cheers. Alex Shelley walks to the ring, slapping hands with fans.

D’Angelis – Finally, he is from Detroit Michigan standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall and 215 pounds, Alex Shelley!

Malenko - This could be a match of the night candidate right here guys, I’m felling it. All of these guys know each others’ styles to the T; it’ll be pretty nice to see what strategy they use to wear each other down.
Simon – Each one of these guys has a very distinct style. Strong is the power wrestler, Evans the high flyer, Aries using high impact, and Shelley the strategist and technical wizard.
Masters – I’m actually excited for this too, just to see if Evans gets his face broken once again.

Four Corner Match
Generation Next Grudge Match
Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries vs. Jack Evans vs. Roderick Strong

*Bell Rings*

Each man stands in a corner of the ring. The men stare at each other, waiting for someone to strike. The fans are starting chants for each man, very split on who they want to win the match. Finally something starts, as Alex Shelley charges at Austin Aries. He goes for a forearm, but Aries ducks and drives him to the ground. Strong and Evans join in on beating away at their former leader. Shelley rolls out of the ring to save himself. The former tag team experts Evans and Strong start to go at it. Strong chops him hard, and Evans can’t retaliate and backs into a turnbuckle. Austin Aries sees Strong occupied with Evans, so he grabs him by the waist and attempts a German Suplex. Strong won’t leave his feet, but finally does when he receives a dropkick from Evans. When Aries gets up he gets hit with a top rope spin kick by Evans. Shelley is back in the ring, and he covers Strong. 1… Kick Out. He covers Aries. 1… A second kick out. Evans goes for a spin kick on Shelley, but he moves out of the way and hits a clothesline on him. Strong is up, and he takes Shelley up for a Belly to Back Backbreaker. Shelley counters with a Snap DDT just before Strong brought him down. Shelley sees Aries up and wants to battle out with him. The two former Captains exchange punches, and then forearms until Shelley ducks an Aries round kick. Shelley is behind Aries and pulls him by the hair and slams him backward onto the mat. Shelley makes the “A” and waits for an opportunity. Evans is up and rolls away when Shelley tries to attack. Shelley turns around and is hit right in the face with an Evans leg lariat. Strong sees a weakened Shelley and puts him into a surfboard submission. Evans jumps and double stomps Shelley, who is still in the hold. Aries is back up and he double dropkicks both Evans and Strong. Shelley and Aries face off once again, and Aries grabs Alex and pulls him up for a quick snap suplex. Aries rolls over and goes for another, he pulls him up again and delays dropping him down. Roderick Strong has Evans up in a crucifix powerbomb position, and he just tosses Evans right into Aries and Shelley, damaging the three men. Strong covers Shelley. 1…2… An exhausted Aries is able to pull Strong’s leg to stop the pinfall. Aries and Strong slowly get up at the same time. The two chop each other up, and both men’s chests become cherry red. Shelley tries to attack the two, but both men work together as they do a double side slam backbreaker. Strong goes for a vertical suplex, but Aries blocks it and drops him onto the outside apron. Aries hits a couple of forearms on Strong, runs against the opposite ropes and leaps to the outside without hitting Strong, he turns and nails a sunset flip on Strong, hitting him hard against the floor. Alex Shelley sees both men on the outside and performs a suicide dive out of the ring. Jack Evans is finally up and he cartwheels out of the ring into a moonsault, hitting all 3 men. Everyone is down and hurt.

Malenko – Beautiful dive by Jack Evans, showing everyone why he’s one of the best aerial artists in the business.

Masters – But that won’t get the job done. He has to realize that he has to save the flippy stuff for inside the ring, where he can actually win a match.

All four men are slow to get up. Strong rolls back in the ring and is still holding his head in pain. Evans rolls back in the ring too. Shelley and Aries remain on the outside and start to brawl. Aries hits a big chop on Shelley, but Shelley fights back with a short arm clothesline, but Aries is still standing. Aries tries a DDT, but Shelley pulls him up and drops him on his back. Meanwhile in the ring, Evans is in a Roderick Boston Crab. Jack reaches the ropes and breaks the hold. Roderick pulls Evans to his feet and goes for a half nelson, but Evans pushes him into the turnbuckle. Evans cartwheels and hits an elbow to the back of the head. Now he tries a bulldog, but Strong pushes out of it, charges at Evans and hits him with a single leg dropkick which forces Jack to the turnbuckle. Strong hits Evans with stiff punches and then wraps his leg in the ropes. On the outside, Aries and Shelley look beaten up. Aries tosses Shelley against the guardrail. Austin then goes for a big splash, but Shelley falls to the floor to evade the attack. Shelley leaps onto the guardrail and brings Aries down with a sick guardrail crossbody. Both are down once again. Back in the ring, Strong has Evans seated on the top rope. The two exchange blows while balancing on the top rope. Shelley is in the ring now. Strong holds Evans for what looks like a belly to belly suplex, but Evans slips out, jumps up, spins and hits a Tornado Frankensteiner. Shelley sees both men falling to the ground, and hits a dropkick, hitting both extremely hard. Strong’s head bounces against the turnbuckle and Evans landed straight on his surgically repaired face. Shelley covers Evans. 1…2… Aries is back in the ring and breaks up the cover. Shelley now puts Evans in the Border City Stretch. Aries puts Shelley in a triangle hold, a double submission. Strong breaks up the hold, with a double knee drop that damaged all three men. Strong picks Aries up and hooks both arms. He pulls him up and tries the Gibson Driver. Shelley quickly gets back up and dropkicks Aries’ back, sending Roderick Strong backwards and forcing him to drop Aries out of the ring. Shelley is up and runs towards Strong, and locks him an octopus stretch. Evans runs towards the two and hits a jumping STO with Shelley still holding Strong in the submission. Aries is back in the ring and on the top rope. He jumps off and nails a 450 Splash on Shelley and Strong. Aries covers, but Evans breaks the pin by jumping and hitting a standing moonsault. Aries shoves Evans to the corner and yells at him, then beating his chest with chops. Evans stops Aries by hitting a spin kick, and he jumps to the top turnbuckle, waiting to strike. Aries recovers quickly and crotches Evans. Aries stands on the middle buckle and hooks Evans’ head and tries for a Super Brainbuster. Shelley is up and he tries for a dropkick to Aries, but he gets caught along the top rope next to Evans. Strong sees them and goes to the turnbuckle too and hooks Shelley’s head. Aries steps to the top rope too, and so does Strong to add more force. Shelley and Evans fight back, and Evans grabs Strong to block and Shelley grabs Aries to block the big move. Strong hooks his leg against Aries’ and tries to drive him down. All four men fall backwards in a four man suplex/neckbreaker. The ring shakes, and the fans are on their feet.

Simon – How they did that, I have no clue, but that was amazing.
Malenko – All men look weak enough to be finished. They only have a little bit left, and someone has to capitalize.

All the competitors lie there for a few more moments. Strong covers Aries, and Shelley pins Evans. 1…2… Double kick out. Strong rolls Aries over and locks in the Strong Hold in the middle of the ring. Aries is screaming in pain, and he’s about to bring his hand down to tap out. Shelley hits Strong with a desperation boot breaking the submission and stopping an Aries tap out. Shelley now locks in his own submission on Aries, the Border City Stretch. Evans baseball slides into Aries’ face to break the hold. Strong and Shelley are facing each other. Shelley kicks Strong in the gut. Strong ducks a Shelley dropkick, and puts him on his shoulders. Shelley tries to fight out, but Strong just walks around the ring with Shelley still up. Suddenly Evans jumps off the turnbuckle, double stomps Shelley and corkscrew moonsaults off of his back, landing on Austin Aries. Evans covers, but Strong just drops Shelley onto the two men. Strong holds his ribs in pain, and is late to cover Shelley. 1…2… Another kick out. Evans is grabbed by Strong, and he’s put into a backbreaker surfboard submission. Evans can’t reach the ropes, Strong neutralized his arm. Aries is standing on the apron and slingshots back in the ring with a senton, hitting Evans. Aries covers Evans, but Strong pulls him out of the way and he covers. 1… Aries broke up the pin. Aries and Strong are up and staring each other down. Shelley goes for a round kick, but Aries ducks and goes for a clothesline. Shelley evades it, and they turn around to see Shelley springboard moonsault and crash into them. Alex Shelley covers both men. 1…2… Evans breaks it up by jumping and dropping both knees on Aries and Strong’s chest, also crushing Shelley’s hand. Evans goes for a standing SSP, but he crashes and burns and hits nothing but canvas. Strong gets up and pulls Evans to the powerbomb position. Evans flips out of it, corkscrews and lands on Shelley. Strong now picks up Aries, and tosses him against the ropes. He hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, and keeps Aries on his knee, in a submission. Shelley hits a jumping guillotine leg drop on Aries, effectively breaking yet another submission. Strong and Evans are now face to face. Evans Irish Whips Strong, and Strong jumps up and lands on the apron. Evans runs towards him and drives his feet to his face in a perfect dropsault, landing on his feet. Evans stands on the apron, springboards and hits a 720 moonsault on Strong to the outside, and both men are down. Shelley gets up now, and hooks Aries’ leg for the Shellshock. Aries counters and pushes Shelley against the ropes. Aries grabs him and goes for the Brainbuster, but Shelley goes behind Aries and goes for the Shellshock once again. Shelley misses again as Aries sets up a Brainbuster again. Shelley slips out and lands on his feet. He runs against the ropes, but Aries catches his arms and drops him in a Crucifix Powerbomb. Aries now climbs to the top rope and signals the 450 Splash. He dives and hits it! Evans and Strong are still out cold on the outside as Aries covers…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Austin Aries!

Masters – I must say I was very impressed with all four guys.

Simon – They gave it their all, and now Austin Aries can call himself the best Generation Next Alumni.
Malenko – These four guys all have shown us that they can hold their own in an extremely competitive match; I’m predicting great things for all of these guys.
Simon – Now we go to an intermission as you catch your breath from a whirlwind of a match.

-----INTERMISSION-----

The camera now shows Leticia Cline in the backstage area. She is with MVP.

Leticia – MVP, tonight you have a match against the Straight Edge Superstar, CM Punk. Do you have any words to say to him before your match?
MVP – Honey, I don’t need words to explain how I plan to defeat CM Punk later tonight. All I have to say is that if you thought Montel Vontavius Porter was just all bling, all flash, you’ll be in for a rude awakening. You’ll see that I can bring the pain without all the distractions, and show why I’m such a big deal. The fans will find out that I’m a competitor as well as a showman. And they’ll come to learn the power of the New Nation, united as one Black Union to take down the evil like CM Punk.

Leticia – Thanks MVP. Now back to you guys.

D’Angelis – The following is a Six Man Tag Match scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit.

Dynasty hits and the Dynasty walk to the ring, with loud boos from the fans.

D’Angelis – Making their way to the ring, accompanied by Larry Sweeney, Joey Ryan, Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky, they are The Dynasty!

Dirty Little Thing hits and the Muscle Militia walk to the ring.

D’Angelis – On their way to the ring accompanied by Brooke Adams, Dan Rodman, Kenny Dykstra and Brent Albright, they are the Muscle Militia!

Masters – Muscle Militia? Is this a joke, those guys can’t even touch the body I have.

Simon – But they didn’t use the magical substance you had which got you fired.
Malenko – This is a Trios match, a match that we’ll be using here in PRIDE and hope to make a success.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Muscle Militia vs The Dynasty
*Bell Rings*

Brent Albright and Joey Ryan start off. Joey Ryan pelvic thrusts in Albright’s direction and Albright dropkicks him right in the groin. Ryan tags out quickly to Scott Lost. Lost and Brent lock up, and Scott puts him in a wrist lock. Albright rolls out and he sweeps Lost’s leg and covers quickly. Kick out at 1. Lost kips up and drives Albright to the ground with a takedown. He runs against the ropes and misses a baseball slide to Albright. Albright gets up and picks Lost up too. He grabs Lost by the stomach and gutwrench suplexes him. Albright drags Lost to the corner and tags in Dan Rodman. Rodman stomps away at Lost, and hits a running knee to Scott in the corner. Rodman picks lost up and belly-to-belly suplexes him across the ring and Scorpio Sky gets in as he tags in Lost. Sky runs towards Dan, and he hits a dropkick to his back. Rodman is still up and Sky slides through his legs. He runs against the ropes and stops. Rodman charges at him, but Sky jumps up to evade it. Dan is too tall and Sky is dropped in a powerbomb. Cover. 1…2… Kick out. Rodman calls Dykstra in the ring and Rodman tosses Sky against the ropes. Rodman throws him in the air and Dykstra dropkicks Sky while still flying. Albright comes in the ring now, and he and Rodman toss Sky to the corner. Rodman catapults Albright towards Sky in the corner, going for double knees. Sky moves out of the way, and Albright rolls out of the ring in pain. Sky crawls toward The Dynasty’s corner. Rodman grabs his leg, but Sky hits a reverse Mule Kick. Sky tags in Joey Ryan. Ryan runs around the ring, and Rodman chases him Ryan stops and pushes Dan to the Militia’s corner, forcing a tag to Kenny Dykstra. Joey Ryan raises his hands up, thankful that he got the big man out of the ring. Dykstra gets in and is immediately hit with a fallaway slam. Scorpio Sky and Scott Lost get in the ring, and Lost has Kenny in a reverse bear hug. Sky and Magnum come from opposite sides of the ring and hit stereo dropkicks to Kenny’s head. Lost then lets go and drops KD face-first to the mat. Cover. 1…2… Kick out. Dykstra slowly gets back up and is forced into a leg hook back suplex attempt. Lost clotheslines Kenny as Joey pulls him back. Scorpio drops his leg onto Kenny’s face and Ryan covers. 1…2… Kick Out.

Simon – Both teams are really impressing me with their teamwork, especially since it’s one of their first Trios matches.

Malenko - The Militia really need a tag, Albright is still pretty fresh and Kenny needs to get out of there.

Dykstra is pulled to a corner and Ryan and Lost stand on the outside ropes. They look like they’re going for a double super side slam, as they pull Dykstra up. Dykstra counters into a super arm bar on both men, but he’s tied in a tree of woe. Scorpio goes for an elbow, but Dykstra pulls himself up. He does a couple of upside down sit ups before he releases himself. He gets up and tries to reach for a tag, but Scorpio pulls him back and hits him with elbows to the face. Dykstra is able to block an elbow and hit a rolling neckbreaker on Scorpio. He dives and tags in Brent Albright. Sky charges at him, and he’s hit with a hip toss. Scott Lost then charges at him and he gets hit with a jumping knee. Ryan is the last one, and Albright is able to hit a nice belly to belly release suplex. Albright flexes his muscles, but Ryan is able to backslide pin him. 1…2… Kick out by Albright and Ryan goes to the corner. Joey goes for a spear, but Albright counters with a drop toe hold. Albright puts Ryan in the Crowbar. Scorpio Sky gets in the ring and takes Albright’s left leg and puts it in an ankle lock. Dykstra gets in the ring and sweeps Sky’s legs and puts him into a half crab with a knee to the back, but Albright is still in the ankle lock. Scott Lost gets in the ring and puts Dykstra in a Dragon Sleeper. Dan Rodman is the only man not in a submission and he grabs Lost and puts him in an abdominal stretch. SIX MAN SUBMISSION! The ref looks really confused and forces the competitors to let go and get back to their corners. Albright is holding his ankle and Joey Ryan makes a tag to Scott Lost with little energy left. Albright crawls to his corner and tags in Kenny. Lost hits a no-handed enziguiri and climbs to the top. He goes for a diving spear, but Kenny spins and catches him with a cutter. He covers. 1…2… Ropes. Albright and Rodman are in the ring, and Ryan and Sky get in too. Both teams exchange blows until Rodman and Albright are thrown out of the ring. Kenny is all alone, and he gets hit with a triple punch. He rolls out of the ring. Larry Sweeney sees him and he sees Kenny, and he kicks him in the groin. Sweeney rolls Kenny back in the ring. They bring Kenny back up and they hit a Triple Superkick! Triple Cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, The Dynasty!

Masters – Great, great teamwork, by The Dynasty. They really showed what they can do.
Simon – This is only the first of what you’ll see in Pro Wrestling PRIDE Trios tag matches, and expect even better and more exciting matches in the Trios Division.
Masters – Shhhhh, Sweet & Sour is on the mic.

Larry Sweeney is in the ring with the members of the Dynasty as the fans in attendance boo loudly.

Sweeney – Shut Up! You people are the scumbags of this city, the lowest of the low. And for the people that are cheering us, you’re a disgrace to who we are. Tonight I’m going to the better part of New York City, and I’m getting laid! Because tonight we’re going to celebrate the beginning of a new dominance in wrestling, and you low life pieces of crap got to witness it. No, I’m not talking about this new promotion, I’m talking about my new clients, The Dynasty. You saw what they just did to the Muscle Militia, and you’re going to see what we have in store next. Whether it’s getting the best bitches in the city, or beating down opponents like bitches, the Dynasty will always come out on top!

‘More, More, More’ plays and the Dynasty exit the ring.

D’Angelis – The following is a singles match scheduled for one fall, under a 60 minute time limit!

Immigrant Song blasts through the speakers and the fans cheer. Paul Burchill steps through the curtain.

D’Angelis – On his way to the ring, from Chelsea, England weighing in at 250 pounds standing at 6 feet 4 inches, Paul Burchill!

Mama Said Knock You Out hits and Samoa Joe walks through the curtain with mixed boos and cheers from the crowd.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

Malenko – This will be a very hard hitting match. You’re going to see what happens when you put a big, bruising English wrestler like Paul Burchill against Samoa Joe, one of the best strikers in the business.
Simon – Remember, this is for the number one seed in the upcoming PRIDE Title Tournament, not only is PRIDE on the line, but a clear chance to win the PRIDE Belt is too.
Masters – I was really brought back by how big, or fat Samoa Joe is. Burchill might not have the strength to take him down, he has to use his submissions to wear him out.

Singles Match
Samoa Joe vs. Paul Burchill​

*Bell Rings*

Quick collar and elbow tie up by the two men. Joe gets the best of Paul as he pushes him towards the ropes. Burchill pushes back and make their way back to the center of the ring. They both go to their knees, trying to bring the other down. Both fall to their backs, showing no strength advantage. They both get up quickly and stare each other down from opposite sides of the ring. The fans applaud. They lock up again. Burchill quickly puts Joe in a cravate, and he throws him over in a snapmare. Burchill goes for a dropkick to the back of the head, but Joe lies back to evade the kick. Both get up and they charge at each other. Joe sweeps Burchill’s legs, but Paul kips up. Joe now charges at Burchill, and he uses an arm drag to take him down. Joe gets up quick and ducks a Burchill lariat. Joe goes for a tackle but he misses and hits the ropes. Burchill takes him and puts him in a side headlock. Joe tries to push Burchill away, but he lets go and puts Joe back in a headlock before he can capitalize. Joe picks Paul up and nails a back suplex, but he’s still locked in the headlock. Joe rolls to his stomach, bridges and escapes the lock. Both get up and Joe chops Burchill hard in the chest. Burchill grimaces in pain, and Burchill comes back with a stiff forearm. Joe comes back with a backhand chop to the head, and another stiff chop. The two engage in a chopping contest. After a few strikes from both men, Joe gouges the eye of Burchill and he hits some open handed slaps. Joe then hits a big knee lift on Burchill, but he is still standing. Joe hits several stiff kicks to Burchill’s legs and he tries to knock him down finally with a round kick to the head, but Paul ducks and spins Joe around, following up with a running neckbreaker Instead of going for the pin, Paul locks him in a leg lock. Joe kicks Burchill with his free leg to escape. Joe gets up and he runs towards Burchill. Burchill uses his momentum to drive him into a backbreaker. He runs against the ropes and jumps up for a knee drop. Joe moves out of the way and Burchill is seated. Joe chops him in the back, then hits a stiff kick to the chest, knocking Burchill to his back. He runs against the ropes and hits a knee drop. He covers. 1…2… Joe waits for Paul to get to his feet. Once that happens, Joe puts a wrist lock on Paul and whips him to the turnbuckle. Joe charges at Burchill, but Burchill gets an elbow up to stop a Joe attack. Burchill jumps to the middle turnbuckle and jumps off for a flying clothesline, but Joe nonchalantly steps out of the way. Burchill rolls through and gets up. The two run towards each other and they crash, both having faces full of pain. Burchill hits several strikes and kicks which send Joe to the corner. Burchill runs and goes for a shoulder tackle, but Joe moves out of the way and Burchill now sits on the mat, leaning against the turnbuckle. Joe wipes Burchill’s face with his boot, going for the face wash. He backs up and goes for a running boot, but Burchill rolls out of the ring and Joe jams his leg against the ropes. Burchill rolls quickly back into the ring and he pulls Joe to his feet. Joe can barely stand, holding his leg in pain. Burchill picks him up and makes their knees collide. Burchill grabs Joe’s legs, puts both his feet on the back of Joe’s legs, goes down to the mat on his back, pulls the feet and locks in a modified Boston crab.

Malenko – That’s what Paul Burchill needs to do, weaken him part by part.

Simon – Joe really needs to protect himself if he wants to win the match, he has to use his arms to bring Burchill down now.

Joe rolls over and has Burchill release the hold. Burchill stomps on Joe’s knee, then dropping his knee onto it. Joe rolls out of the ring, and tries to catch his breath. Burchill wants none of that and he dives through the ropes and out of the ring. Joe is hit, and both men crash into the guardrail. Joe is leaning against the guardrail when Burchill gets up. Burchill starts to chop Burchill, with sweat flying off of Joe’s chest. Burchill gets up to the apron and looks for something big. He jumps off and goes for a reverse elbow, but Joe moves out of the way and the impact shakes the guardrail. Joe goes for the Ole Kick, but Burchill ducks it and tackles Joe’s other leg, the injured one. Burchill takes the leg and slams it against the wooden floor. Joe slowly gets up and he tries to fight back. Burchill hooks Joe’s arms in a double underhook. Joe counters with a backdrop, and his back slams against the guardrail. Joe goes back in the ring. Struggling to his feet, Paul Burchill gets up holding his lower back. He rolls into the ring. Burchill and Joe stand in the center of the ring and Joe slaps Burchill hard in the face. Joe runs against the ropes and goes for an enziguiri, but Joe falls to his back and holds his leg in pain after he couldn’t jump up. Burchill tosses Joe to the corner. Joe is very weak and Burchill hits chops and punches repeatedly. Burchill runs against the opposite turnbuckle and looks to hit a running clothesline. Joe catches him and throws him down in a modified STO. Joe climbs to the top rope and looks to squash Joe. Burchill gets up and hits Joe’s knee, crotching him on the buckle. Burchill looks to go for a suplex. Joe tries to push him off, but Burchill holds on. Joe is hit with a top rope belly to belly suplex, and Burchill covers. 1…2… Big kick out by Joe. Burchill goes to the top rope as Joe gets up. Burchill tries a diving headscissors, but Joe catches him and throws him down with a powerbomb. He picks Burchill up and hits another powerbomb. Joe rolls him up for a pin. 1…2… Kick out. Joe takes the leg and locks in an STF right after the kick out. Burchill reaches the rope and the ref asks Joe to break. After a count of 4, Joe finally releases and he backs up. Burchill gets up as he leans against the turnbuckle. Joe sees him and sits Burchill on the top rope. He hooks Burchill in for the Muscle Buster. He backs up, but Burchill rolls out of the way and pushes him against the ropes. Burchill grabs him and yells for the C-4. Joe backs out of the finisher. Joe runs against the ropes and goes for a big boot, but Burchill knocks the leg down and hits a cutter on Joe’s face. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Joe. Burchill waits for Joe to get up, and he runs against the ropes and goes for a lariat. Joe ducks and he locks in The Choke. Burchill blocks the leg scissors, but is driven to the mat. Burchill’s foot reaches the bottom rope and Joe forces to break. Joe taps his elbow and motions an elbow drop. He runs against the ropes, fakes a leg drop and yells SAMOA. He falls to drop the elbow, but Burchill rolls out of the way. Burchill hooks Joe’s legs and after some struggle, he hits a double underhook suplex. Burchill plays to the crowd as Joe gets up and climbs to the top rope. Burchill sees him and runs and knocks him off of his feet. Burchill stands on the second rope and he looks to go for an Avalanche C-4. Joe hits Burchill’s lower back and looks to counter. Burchill says it’s over, but Joe blocks the attempt. Joe hooks Burchill’s leg and pulls him up. He jumps off the ropes and hits an Avalanche Muscle Buster! Cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Samoa Joe!

Simon – What a win for Samoa Joe, fighting back with a hurt leg and beating Paul Burchill

Malenko – A big win too, now he has an upper hand in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Title tournament.
Simon – Speaking of which, we’re going to toss it over to Ricky Steamboat and Mick Foley to explain the rules of that tournament.

The camera cuts to the backstage area where co-Commissioners Steamboat and Foley are standing.

Foley – Thanks guys. On next week’s show, we’ll have the first half of first round matches in the PRIDE title tournament.

Steamboat – The tournament is set up like this. There are Fourteen Teams here in PRIDE, and 16 spots in the tournament. So we’re going to have a representative from each team to have a spot in the tournament. Whoever it is, it’s up to the team, not us. That leaves two spots open. Those spots will be open to freelance wrestlers, wrestlers from around the country not on the current PRIDE roster.
Foley – The number 1 seed, Samoa Joe and the winner of the CM Punk/MVP match will get preference to who they get to take on. The rest of the matches are randomly picked, with no clear advantage to anyone. Now back to you guys.

D’Angelis – The following match is the Main Event, scheduled for one fall under a 60 Minute Time Limit. The winner of this match will get a number one seed in the future Pro Wrestling PRIDE Title Tournament.

I’m Comin’ hits and MVP walks to the ring with no spectacular pyro or setup.

D’Angelis – Making his way to the ring from Miami, Florida weighing in at 245 pounds, standing at 6 feet 2 inches, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

Miseria Cantare starts to play for a few seconds. When the main drum beat hits, CM Punk steps through the entrance stage.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 225 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch, CM Punk!

Malenko – If you have never seen CM Punk or MVP wrestle outside of a WWE Ring before, you’re in for a surprise.
Simon – I’ve been waiting for this match all night, and now we get to see it, this should be good.
Masters – MVP and CM Punk really need to deliver, they need to live up to the hype all of you guys put on them two.

Main Event
Singles Match
MVP vs. CM Punk

*Bell Rings*

The two stare at each other in the middle of the ring, with the ref in between them. MVP flips the bird at Punk, and he cups his hand to his ear to listen to the fans rallying behind him. The two move around the ring, then finally lock up. MVP gets a quick waist lock onto Punk, and he tries to fight out of it. He breaks out of it by grabbing Montel’s left arm and putting it in a wrist lock. MVP rolls out of it then cartwheels to take the hand of Punk away. He sweeps Punk’s legs in a single leg takedown, and locks in a leg lock. He struggles as MVP changes the hold and positioning, but brings him to the ground to a cover. 1… MVP kicks out easily. Punk puts MVP in a grapevined leglock. Punk gets up and now has MVP in the same lock he was in before. MVP knocks Punk down and breaks the hold. MVP steps on the face of Punk, and covers. 1… Kick out. Punk gets up and MVP goes for a shoulder block, but Punk slams him down to the mat. Punk goes to the outside apron, slingshots in and hits the senton. He hits a quick leg drop. MVP gets up and Punk puts him in a headlock. MVP escapes by Back Suplexing Punk to the mat. MVP now wraps his legs around Punk’s head in a headlock. Punk rolls to his stomach and reaches the ropes. MVP is up and kicks Punk in the midsection three times. He picks Punk up and tosses him against the ropes. MVP lies on the mat and trips Punk, and he lands on his face. He kicks Punk in the stomach again, and he holds his arms up like he just kicked a field goal. He picks Punk up and goes for a vertical suplex. Punk counters into a reverse vertical suplex. MVP is holding his on his knees holding his ribs. Punk kicks him in the back and whips him against the ropes. MVP goes for a tilt a whirl, but Punk lands on his feet and runs against the ropes. He hits a big clothesline. MVP gets up quickly and he ducks a punk forearm and goes for a German Suplex. Punk elbows him in the face and he runs against the ropes. MVP catches him in a flapjack. MVP covers. 1…2… Kick out. Punk gets to his feet slowly and MVP grabs his head and hits several knee lifts to his face. MVP picks him up and goes for a suplex, but instead of dropping him on the ropes, Punk lands on the outside apron. He springboards and hits MVP with a flying forearm. He covers. 1…2… Kick out. Punk picks him up and puts in a hammerlock, but quickly spins it around, sweeps the legs and tries to drive MVP down for a DDT. MVP doesn’t move, and Punk falls to his back. MVP stomps on him and covers. 1…2… Kick out by Punk. MVP puts Punk in a front face lock, and brings him to his feet. He hits a beautiful snap suplex. Cover. 1…2… Kick out. MVP puts Punk in a leg headlock again. Punk is able to bridge out of it and he gets up. MVP gets up and he hits a forearm to the face of Punk and whips him against the ropes. Punk stops himself from running into a knee, knocks MVP’s legs out and covers. 1…2… Kick out. Both get up and CM Punk kicks MVP in the midsection and hooks both arms. He powers him down with a double underhook backbreaker. Punk now climbs to the top rope as MVP gets up. He misses a dropkick. MVP capitalizes by putting Punk in a knuckle lock. Punk gets covered, but he gets up quickly. He rolls to gain control of the hold, and gets up. Punk climbs the rope and still has MVP in the hold. He walks the ropes and drops a leg onto MVP’s arm. He covers. 1…2… Kick out. Punk waits and goes for an enziguiri, but MVP ducks the kick and grabs Punk. He hits a leveling brainbuster. MVP pulls Punk up by the hair. He goes for a second brainbuster, but Punk reverses it into a calf kick to the face. Punk has him in a front headlock, and he backs to the turnbuckle. Punk climbs to the middle rope, jumps off, spins and hits a Tornado DDT.

Malenko – A move straight out of the Eddie Guerrero playbook. Punk is being smart and weakening his head and neck area to set up the Go 2 Sleep.

Punk now puts MVP in a chinlock, still working the head. MVP’s foot touches the rope and he escapes. He elbows the head of Punk and he is forced to lie on the mat. MVP runs against the ropes and hits an elbow drop to his back. MVP then locks in a Camel Clutch. MVP really wrenches back on the hold, pulling Punk by the nose and damaging his whole upper body. Punk grabs MVP’s head into a snapmare and escapes. Punk slowly gets up to his feet. MVP throws Punk to the turnbuckle. MVP taps his leg and goes for the running boot. MVP hits it, and he grabs Punk’s head and follows with a running bulldog. MVP covers. 1…2… Kick out by Punk. MVP pulls Punk up and whips him against the ropes. Punk stops himself on the ropes to avoid an MVP boot. Porter now goes for a clothesline, but Punk evades it. Punk grabs Porter’s arm and goes for a pin. 1…2… Kick out by MVP. MVP gets hit with a Punk elbow drop. MVP gets up and Punk immediately whips him against the ropes. Porter stops himself, and Punk runs at him and puts him in a modified Tarantula. He lets go and stands on the apron, anticipating when MVP stands up. MVP gets up and Punk flies through the air, going for a Springboard Clothesline. MVP counters as he catches Punk’s arm and puts him in a Fujiwara armbar. Punk gets to his feet to break the armbar. He rolls out and knocks MVP down. CM takes Punk’s legs and puts them in a Texas Cloverleaf. MVP crawls to the ropes and gets the break. MVP gets back up. Punk and MVP lock up for a test of strength. Punk is powered downwards by MVP, but Punk gets back up and throws MVP over with a suplex. MVP landed on his feet and CM Punk picks him up and drives him down with a ura-nage slam. Punk locks in the Anaconda Vice! MVP has nowhere to go, and. he is about to tap. But MVP uses his free arm to gouge away at CM Punk’s eye and releases the submission. MVP is up and has Punk set for the Playmaker. MVP hits it! He covers. 1…2… Kick out by CM Punk that surprised everyone. MVP complains to the ref, begging for a three count. Punk is still on the ground and he gets to his knees. Punk stops talking to the ref and hits the Player’s Boot. Punk is busted open after that huge Boot from MVP. MVP now locks in a crossface on the bloody face of Punk. MVP yells for him to tap, but the Straight Edge wrestler would not give up. Punk is able to pull Porter’s hands away from his face. MVP pulls Punk up and whips him to the corner. He calls for another corner boot. He runs, but Punk moves out of the way. Punk grabs the neck and looks for a neckbreaker. MVP holds onto the ropes to block the attempt. Punk kicks MVP with a round kick, and grabs his arm, goes for a lariat, but MVP catches the arm and smashes it against the ropes. Porter is firing away at Punk, hitting lefts and rights to knock Punk out. CM blocks a punch and pushes Porter to the turnbuckle. Punk goes for the high knee to the corner and gets Montel right in the face with it. Punk tries to follow up with a bulldog, MVP pushes him away. MVP takes him and sets up the Playmaker once again. Punk counters with a back suplex, and MVP lands on his feet. Punk runs across the ropes, and MVP throws Punk in the air. As Punk comes crashing down, MVP kicks CM Punk in his bloody face, and a crack is heard on the moment of impact. MVP gets covered. 1…2… Punk barely moved out of the pin. MVP pulls Punk up and sets up for the Playmaker once again, but before Porter could even hook his head in, MVP is pushed against the ropes. Punk catches him and goes for a rollup. 1…2… MVP now rolls over to pin Punk. 1…2… Punk kicks out, gets up and dropkicks a seated Porter in the face. He goes for a jackknife pin. 1…2… MVP uses the kickout to drive Punk into a unique pin. 1…2… Punk kicks out and the two get up at the same time. They stare each other down and the fans go wild. MVP charges at Punk and hits him with a dropkick that sent him to the turnbuckles. Porter gets up and sits Punk on the top turnbuckle. MVP goes to the middle rope and sets up a superplex. Punk hits Porter in the back and the attempt goes for nothing. CM Punk hooks the arms and yells Pepsi Plunge. Porter counters into a backdrop that sends Punk crashing to the ground. MVP flips over for a moonsault, and it looks perfect, but Punk moves out of the way and he lands on his feet. Punk goes for an open handed spinning back fist, but MVP ducks and goes for a German Suplex. Punk elbows out of it and he hits a few open handed slaps. He puts MVP on his shoulders for the G2S, but MVP slips out and sets up the Playmaker once again. Punk counters again and puts MVP on his shoulders. After a few seconds of struggle, Punk drops MVP down and hits him with a monster Go 2 Sleep! Cover…
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, CM Punk!

Simon – What a finish to an amazing match, CM Punk wins something that should be talked about for years.
Malenko – MVP came up short, but he really showed everyone that he can really go in a long, competitive match.
Masters – I’m Speechless.
Malenko – Join us next week as we see the beginning of the PRIDE Title Tournament. Thanks for watching, and we hope you watch next week.

CM Punk celebrates the victory in the ring, climbing the turnbuckles. MVP gets up and CM Punk offers a handshake. MVP accepts! The scene fades with that image, and a highlight video of the night is shown, played along to “Superhero” by Jane’s Addiction.