Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think even if you sub in ‘alignment’ for ‘role’ in that post it still doesn’t look great. What’s the issue with Poyser trying to get reads, even if it is early?
Agree
When I thought he meant role I thought there was a misunderstanding, so was going to see how he responded to my clarification that I wasn't looking for anybody's role lol. But he just said he meant to say alignment in the first place, so his first post makes no sense in that context. How is it too early to try and figure out someone's alignment and at what point is it ok to try?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh Barry, I know you don't forget
Sometimes I do. I'm very forgetful actually.

Nevertheless, as others have said, what's the issue with trying to find an alignment early?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
If you're curious for the full context, I have it here:

It starts on that post, and it just... devolves until I found out the truth for myself.
Dude it's a horrible thing to go through. We are all here for you man.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I guess I misconstrued my point. I got nothing against finding alignments, I love it. I just thought Poyser's way of doing it near immediately (I believe post I was referencing was Barry's intro) threw me off slightly.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Was so focused on Wang's weird response to Blaine's entry that I forgot to mention that Blaine's entry is bad. Can't speculate on alignment yet? What are we meant to do then? Just piss about until scum can manufacture a slip off a townie's post?
Define weird, if you could, for me.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Dont really like barry just making completely out of game related posts but fairly sure I've pinged him for this multiple times in the past and he's been town so I won't hold it against him (yet)
I'm playing a shit Madden game, that's where I'm at rn

These were the two I was thinking about when I wrote that up, I kind of hated the way Poyser followed Barry on this, but I'm willing to chalk that up to my bad intuition.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Was so focused on Wang's weird response to Blaine's entry that I forgot to mention that Blaine's entry is bad. Can't speculate on alignment yet? What are we meant to do then? Just piss about until scum can manufacture a slip off a townie's post?
I was just surprised to see a big response from Blaine and correct me if I am wrong that he usually doesn't say much.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
These were the two I was thinking about when I wrote that up, I kind of hated the way Poyser followed Barry on this, but I'm willing to chalk that up to my bad intuition.
this was me subtly prodding barry to give more fwiw
i let him know that i didnt like his posting random stuff about nothing game related, but made sure to convey that I dont look upon him as scum, which may cause him to get his back up and not play ball instead of making effort to contribute to the game. truthfully barry makes those nothing posts all the time as town, so I just wanted him to provide more that was readable in a game sense

follow me for more TOP MAFIA TIPS!

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
just realised i've been amalgamating blaine and OMB in my head lol

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
this was me subtly prodding barry to give more fwiw
i let him know that i didnt like his posting random stuff about nothing game related, but made sure to convey that I dont look upon him as scum, which may cause him to get his back up and not play ball instead of making effort to contribute to the game. truthfully barry makes those nothing posts all the time as town, so I just wanted him to provide more that was readable in a game sense

follow me for more TOP MAFIA TIPS!
Alright, that clarifies things more for me. I just thought that you making that kind of statement for a basic day-one opener just hit me in the wrong way.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
well his opening posts were

"im here"

and

"i was playing madden"

so i wouldnt say i was completely out of line either

anyway. any thoughts on all these responses to your post?