Predictions On Jericho's Post Rumble Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chadillac

Reaction score
I might be off base on this, but from watching the promos leading up to the Jericho return, and his statement on Raw last Monday, I got ot thinking.

Will he be involved with some sort of angle with Stephanie McMahon behind him? Laurenitis leaves to have Stephanie replace him nd holds the key to Jericho's domination of Raw? So instead of having Punk going up against Jhonny Ace every week, We might get a Stephanie/Jericho connection in a program with Punk.

Just from watching the AE, and her programs with HHH, against The Rock in early '00, made for some awesome TV.

I think she could do a lot more to get the audience involved (Ratings), and get Punk over in a level above where he is currently at.

Have the program run through May, and I think it would solidify Punk as THE face of the company, instead of having him in large shadow of Cena.

Maybe Cena can go heel at WM against The Rock and join them to extend the angle through SummerSlam.

HHH would definatley be involved in some capacity.

Thoughts?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Do expect something like this to happen. Been thinking Jericho isn't saying anything because he is waiting for Stephanie to return and explain everything. Also think Johnny is one his way out tomorrow so it could happen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
a cena/jericho/hhh/steph and ace being their personal bitch would be great but i don't think all their egos would work or have one guy be the main guy unless they go after both world titles. Plus i would not want hhh to have any part of this seeing how hes not a full time wrestler and he does not need to be a backstage villian cause steph would be it. Unless he feuds with Punk for a couple of months.

Dale had an awesome post about this angle, i can't find it but when he comes online i see if he remembers it.

Chadillac

Reaction score
a cena/jericho/hhh/steph and ace being their personal bitch would be great but i don't think all their egos would work or have one guy be the main guy unless they go after both world titles. Plus i would not want hhh to have any part of this seeing how hes not a full time wrestler and he does not need to be a backstage villian cause steph would be it. Unless he feuds with Punk for a couple of months.

Dale had an awesome post about this angle, i can't find it but when he comes online i see if he remembers it.

Well, for the first 2 months, under what I was saying, It would just be a Jericho/Stephanie angle with Punk.

Cena needs to turn heel, and the best way to do that would be at WM against the Rock in Miami. Maybe he has something to do with a Jericho/Punk match at WM as well. Maybe a run in "screw job", to connect Cena, Jericho, and Stephanie for a post WM angle. Those three togather would be a strong faction and not hard to pull off.

HHH would fit in somewhere.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Take 2 of fantasy booking that will no doubt be full of loopholes, but who gives a shit.

Over the next few weeks Jericho keeps up this act of not talking and just smiling and he has a couple of matches just to pass the time so to speak. The announcers will mention how we've still not heard from Jericho since his return, what his motives for being back are, what the videos meant, who 'she' is etc. Josh can also run into him backstage on his way to the ring but like the video already posted in here, Jericho shuns him and just smiles.

Jericho enters the Rumble but does not win and Punk defends his title at the Rumble despite shenanigans from Lauranitis and Vickie. Punk comes out and opens the show on RAW the next night and gives his usual celebratory speech etc etc etc. He leaves the ring as he is walking up the ramp, the lights dim and a new cryptic video is played on the titantron that features fully on the 'she' with the general jist of the video being that 'It's almost time.' Punk looks confused and continues up the ramp.

Punk is in the main event later that night and is victorious. Throughout the match, sound and lighting effects all go off at different times that all tie in with the cryptic videos we've been seeing. As Punk is stood in the centre of the ring celebrating, the final video plays where the girl essentially says 'It's time.' The lights go out for several seconds and when they come back on, Jericho is stood over a fallen Punk with the title in his hand and the shit eating grin we've been seeing for the past weeks but that turns to a scowl as the camera zooms in to close the show.

Jericho cuts a promo the following week that goes over his motives for returning and his reasons for attacking Punk which will tie in with the whole best in the world stuff and what not. He says that he will not reveal who 'she' is because she will be here in person next week.

The she is revealed to be Stephanie McMahon and she goes over how Punk essentially caused Vince to lose control of his company and insulted the McMahon family and that she gave Lauranitis specific instructions to get the belt off of Punk but he failed in doing so. She also notes that her husband HHH could not silence Punk despite beating him in their showdown at SummerSlam? so she instead turned to someone who she knew had just as much of an issue with Punk as she did and that was an old allie, Jericho. She could also remove Lauranitis from his position and take over herself with him as her assistant.
There you go.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Wow Dale, That was really good. Actually super good. Really super awesome.

I hope the WWE is that creative but I from I've seen since the death of WCW, is way to may let downs. Would be cool if it happened like you wrote it but I think you might just be to smart for them.

If they do pull that off, I will personally lead the charge to get compenssation for you, from them stealing your idea.

Green Rep for you sir.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Dale's idea is pretty much what I want to see for this and who I figured the girl would be if they played on that from the videos. Makes far too much sense given the things that happened with Punk and the McMahon family. The only thing I wonder will be what will HHH's role be in all of that considering he would have to know what Stephanie had planned this whole time yet has played the face and at times the victim of the whole situation with Johnny L.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You know during the whole Nash/Punk/HHH feud with the whole 'Who texted who' shit, there were several times Stephanie was shown on camera with Trips and that infamous promo between her and Punk where he refused to shake her hand. Was anything ever explained about Stephanie's involvement or maybe it was just something and nothing to remind us Stephanie is still about?

Chadillac

Reaction score
You know during the whole Nash/Punk/HHH feud with the whole 'Who texted who' shit, there were several times Stephanie was shown on camera with Trips and that infamous promo between her and Punk where he refused to shake her hand. Was anything ever explained about Stephanie's involvement or maybe it was just something and nothing to remind us Stephanie is still about?

And Nash is still listed on the Raw superstar list on WWE.com

I figured the angle would play out sooner once I saw Stephanie on TV, but a lot of things were being scrapped durring the October and November months.

Maybe it had something to do with Jericho signing right after some angles were being put in place, and were scapped infavor of Jericho leading them. Also with the timing of Rock's return.

Will Nash have some involvment in a HHH/Jericho/Stephanie vs Punk angle?

I don't know if any of the above is accurate, just opening up some more questions maybe you can answer.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I sure hope he doesn't he ruined the original storyline with CM Punk and we were rushed into Triple H vs CM Punk which the wrong guy won by the way.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well Nash at one point seemed to be defending her during a promo about how Triple H didn't really even do anything about it when Punk was saying what he said about her. Even more reason why I think she is gonna be apart of this whole thing since she nah they didn't really say why she was there or anything.

Zen

Reaction score
The tentative plan is for HHH/Taker with HBK as a guest referee, there is no provision for HHH or Taker to be involved with Y2J. None. That could change, but I doubt it. HHH/Taker has too much going for it no to happen.

Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what to expect but I definitely hope that he will eventually feud with CM Punk. That would be something to look forward to.