Policy in ring to stop a match to clean up blood (swagger/morrison)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

iamironman

Reaction score
since when was that fucking policy like yesterday ive NEVER seen that shit

i swaer if this has anything to do with fucking PG...

maty619

Reaction score
It takes the flow away, in the case of JoMo Swagger JoMo had to stay down far longer than what he would have (I think coz I watched it early on Youtube) thus taking away the match credibility.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Why does it really matter? I mean, I know it's a little silly, but does it really take away THAT much from the match?

Yeah, well it depends on the match and where it's at at the point where it's stopped. Like for instance, the ladder match Shelton and Christian had for the ECW title. Really? A ladder match. If the match is at the point where it's fast paced and they stop it, it really kills it. I don't know what happened during the Jomo/Swagger match cause I'm not watching SD. But depending on the flow of the match, the type of match, and who's in the match, can really kill it.

Reaction score
It takes the flow away, in the case of JoMo Swagger JoMo had to stay down far longer than what he would have (I think coz I watched it early on Youtube) thus taking away the match credibility.

Ehh, I don't think it mattered that much. It's a small annoyance, but nothing you can't get over.

Yeah, well it depends on the match and where it's at at the point where it's stopped. Like for instance, the ladder match Shelton and Christian had for the ECW title. Really? A ladder match. If the match is at the point where it's fast paced and they stop it, it really kills it. I don't know what happened during the Jomo/Swagger match cause I'm not watching SD. But depending on the flow of the match, the type of match, and who's in the match, can really kill it.

I didn't really enjoy Shelton/Christian that much anyway. ;D

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
Lol I heard them say that policy thing and I was like lol what? Are you serious, just gave time for Morrison to regain his breath though and keep going.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
They have done that but they never addressed it like they did. Atleast with them not saying anything the possibility for blood in a match was always open. Now that they literally said any sight of blood, WWE official aid is required. WTF IS THAT.

Reaction score
Wow, when was the last time someone was busted open? I remember WWE used to have wrestlers' faces covered in blood

-TJ-

Reaction score
It ruins the flow of the match. It causes everything to be stopped and everything to be slowed down. Its stupid.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I wish they would get rid of it, it's just fucking blood. I don't think kids will cry over it.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I was waiting for Matt Striker to say "Oh looks like someone has a boo-boo! Quick get that man a band-aid!"

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Stopping matches for blood would have made more sense in the 1980's with the AIDS hysteria that swept America. I remember hearing that Road Warrior Hawk used to suck blood from opponents heads & spit it in the air in the early to mid 80's to fuck with marks who said it was ketchup. Anyone remember in the 1992 Olympics where they stopped the basketball game because Magic Johnson got cut & was bleeding? I don't think there needs to be stoppages for blood unless that is what the tv networks asked WWE to do. If its self-imposed, then it needs to stop because its really lame. Imagine a Ric Flair match that was stopped after he started bleeding. The man makes himself bleed in promos, so imagine how short the match would be.

Reaction score
I personally hate the entire idea. Did they cut to black and white, when they saw the blood as well? I remember a Batista moment, I think it might've been before WM26 with Cena, or when he and Edge speared eachother, but they cut suddenly to black and white, on LIVE TV!

I think it's ridiculous. It really KILLS the momentum in a match. Rarely will it work for the match. Has it yet? No. The closest it's come to 'working' was at the Rumble when Taker started to bleed. Glad to see Taker didn't let them near for that, he just "BLED ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE!" Even Cena, the super-man, stopped at one point when they started to bleed in the Cena/Orton match.

It's dumb. I think at least on PPV, they should allow bleeding. Not lots, like HHH/HBK Royal Rumble 04 bleeding, but still some.

Anyone see RVD this iMpact? I swear they did the ol' "bloodied cloth" trick on him...

Edit: With the RVD thing, this is what part I meant...

[yt]MiOOJxZcngs[/yt]

noumenon

Reaction score
You can look at it one of two ways. It kind of gives the match more of a real fight vibe... almost how in boxing and some MMA they'll work on a guy in the corner if a big cut opens up on their head. In that way I suppose you could look at it and not mind.
...However... this is wrestling. Give me a break. The whole concept is just ridiculous. Wrestling practically revolved around "OMG HE GAVE HIM TOO MUCH TIME BEFORE HE PINNED HIM!" How the hell are they going to explain stopping matches at pivotal points in order to glue shut any tiny cut that may open up on someone. The fact that they glued someone closed in a ladder match was almost laughable.