Pokemon X/Y discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Pokemon is a game that actually has evolved (excuse the pun) since game one.

Meta-game yeah, general game mechanics? Not that much.

Not that any game really changes them. Its just Pokemon gets targeted more for some reason.

how hyped are you, btw?

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
So what's the difference between me restarting a game again and playing the exact same missions and you keeping in the same game playing recycled quests and dungeons? Either way they accomplish the exact same thing, repetitive and boring "replayability".

Also, the irony of all this is that Pokemon has one of the richest meta-games out there that you can spend thousands of hours in.

am I being trolled by this member?

Because, you can BEAT pokemon. You cannot beat the elder scrolls games.

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
Please go home, Elder Scrolls games are the exact same concept just change the words about. New Vegas was like a Fallout 3 Expansion. Pokemon is a game that actually has evolved (excuse the pun) since game one.

Plus i'd like to point out you're comparing a hand held game to a console release.

I'm sorry, I don't like Pokémon.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Meta-game yeah, general game mechanics? Not that much.

Not that any game really changes them. Its just Pokemon gets targeted more for some reason.

how hyped are you, btw?

This Gen is looking to be the best ever, I'm pretty hyped.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Because, you can BEAT pokemon. You cannot beat the elder scrolls games.

But you can't beat Pokemon in its truest form. As I said, you can spend thousands of hours in its rich ever-changing meta-game creating a strategic team to battle others online.

Sound boring? Well, playing the same repetitive missions over and over again sounds just as boring.

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
But you can't beat Pokemon in its truest form. As I said, you can spend thousands of hours in its rich ever-changing meta-game creating a strategic team to battle others online.

Sound boring? Well, playing the same repetitive missions over and over again sounds just as boring.

Yes, it is boring. The missions aren't repetitive either, and lets not forget that in the elder scrolls, you don't have to do missions. You can stick to free roaming. Besides, Pokémon is a little.............CHILDISH for me.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it is boring. The missions aren't repetitive either, and lets not forget that in the elder scrolls, you don't have to do missions. You can stick to free roaming. Besides, Pokémon is a little.............CHILDISH for me.

Playing games that are 15+ clearly makes you a mature adult....Right?