Pokemon X/Y discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Starters need a mega evolution but you'll need to find a special object to get it and you can't get it until you win the league. I think that way people will want to play Pokemon more and more, to see their starter's mega evolution.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
cede4943fb46f0b51314424198a9e60c.png

I just believe that the Mega Evolutions should be given only to Pokemon that arent strong enough. I mean, Blaziken. He's Uber because of its ability. He's above most of the Pokemon. Does he really need a MegaEvolution that will boost his stats even more? Im okay with Absol, Ampharos and those other Pokemon. Starters? I dont know...

You mean Speedboost? Because Blaze isn't that OP.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Yuhpp, you can only get Torchic in pokemon X and Y via event (WIFI). He will have the ability Speedboost which means that in 2-3 turns, it will be faster than any other pokemon (Except Ninjask or however its called). That's why he's Uber and not OU

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Yuhpp, you can only get Torchic in pokemon X and Y via event (WIFI). He will have the ability Speedboost which means that in 2-3 turns, it will be faster than any other pokemon (Except Ninjask or however its called). That's why he's Uber and not OU

actually, It's 1 turn, if trained in Atk/S.Atk and Speed EV's. I agree he's broken, but I doubt anyone here really plays that competitively. I prefer the Idea of all full evolutions getting a Mega-Evolution to buff up their current weaknesses.

Reactions: Roi

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Agreed there. Absol should have had an evolution before gettin a MegaForm.

Blaziken: Mega Blaziken has Speed Boost as ability. He needs the Mega Stone called Blazikenite. Its new form will increase its Attack stat.

Mewtwo: Mega Mewtwo has Insomnia ability. It's not confirmed yet but probably the mega stone for mewtwo's gonna be Mewtwonite as every mega stone just seem to follow the name with "nite". Its new form will increase its Sp. Attack stat and probably Speed based on the latest pokemon movie.

Lucario: Mega Lucario has Adaptability ability. It needs the Mega Stone called Lucarionite. Its new form will increase its Attack stat.

Absol: Mega Absol has Magic Bounce ability. It's not confirmed yet but probably the mega stone for absol's gonna be Absolnite as every mega stone just seem to follow the name with "nite". Its new form will have higher Speed and Attack stats.

Ampharos: Mega Ampharos has Electric/Dragon type. It has the ability Mold Breaker and it's not confirmed yet but probably the mega stone for ampharos's gonna be Ampharosnite as every mega stone just seem to follow the name with "nite".

Mawile: Mega Mawile will have Huge Power ability and It's not confirmed yet but probably the mega stone for mawile's gonna be Mawilenite as every mega stone just seem to follow the name with "nite". Its type is Steel/Fairy just as Mawile.

Blaziken wont increase its Speed. Phew. I dont understand the fact Ampharos has become Dragon. Charizard got a MegaForm but still Flying/Fire.
Mawile...He will have one of the biggest Attack of the game. Just crazy.

Btw, you can only have one MegaForm in your team. (So you have to choose)

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
Pokémon in a very ridiculous concept, and here's why:

Buy new pokemon game, beat it, it then becomes worthless, wait for new one to come out, repeat.

I only played pokemon diamond. After I beat that game, I knew I would never purchase another one ever again.

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
You mean like pretty much every other game ever?

Yeah, maybe Call of Duty.

But some games go years apart before they release sequels, such as The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. These games provide thousands of hours of content to enjoy, and you technically cant beat them. Even after you beat the main quest, dungeons respawn and some quests can be completed an infinite amount of times. Games like this are games you'll go back to playing even after the new one is out.

Pokémon on the other hand, you can beat it in like, what, a few days? And once you beat it, it becomes BORING.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Pokemon keeps going for you to catch them all and compete with others online so you can prove your team and strategy is the best

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Even after you beat the main quest, dungeons respawn and some quests can be completed an infinite amount of times.

... So the game isn't boring because you can replay dungeons and quests you've already done?

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
... So the game isn't boring because you can replay dungeons and quests you've already done?

The dungeons get recycled with new enemies and traps, and the quests get variations when you replay them. Does that happen in pokemon? No.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe Call of Duty.

But some games go years apart before they release sequels, such as The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. These games provide thousands of hours of content to enjoy, and you technically cant beat them. Even after you beat the main quest, dungeons respawn and some quests can be completed an infinite amount of times. Games like this are games you'll go back to playing even after the new one is out.

Pokémon on the other hand, you can beat it in like, what, a few days? And once you beat it, it becomes BORING.

Please go home, Elder Scrolls games are the exact same concept just change the words about. New Vegas was like a Fallout 3 Expansion. Pokemon is a game that actually has evolved (excuse the pun) since game one.

Plus i'd like to point out you're comparing a hand held game to a console release.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
The dungeons get recycled with new enemies and traps, and the quests get variations when you replay them. Does that happen in pokemon? No.

So what's the difference between me restarting a game again and playing the exact same missions and you keeping in the same game playing recycled quests and dungeons? Either way they accomplish the exact same thing, repetitive and boring "replayability".

Also, the irony of all this is that Pokemon has one of the richest meta-games out there that you can spend thousands of hours in.

am I being trolled by this member?