Please no.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Batista is a big draw and hasn't had as much spotlight at Mania as Triple H. I'm not at all saying he's better then Triple H just it would be something fresh as a change. I'm also not saying Trips shouldn't have a big role at Mania. He should definitely be in a high profile match just not for any titles.

Beer

HHH, Taker and HBK should now, as I've said before, be wrestling in exhibition, once in a lifetime, omg matches.

Reaction score
Triple H is always in the WM title match to get that fat main event pay day. That's the only reason I can see it always happening. They say the payout of WM main events is like 4 normal PPV mainevents total.

About WCW: they never made any stars outside Goldberg and maybe DDP. I challenge someone to find a star WCW created that wasn't established already before they rose to prominence. Steiner, Booker and Jarrett don't really count as they were just veterans that got pushed but they were never draws of star status. I'm talking WCW printing some currency. And don't name Jericho, Benoit or whomever Vince made stars.

Nation

Please tell me you are kidding. Booker T was the 2nd biggest face of the company behind Goldberg. He was a huge star in WCW. He also wasn't established before coming to WCW. Was he a veteran before? Sure but that's different from being a star. WCW definitely did make him a star.

xtremebadass

Some people overlook WCW making Booker T because he was a world champ towards the end of WCW, not during its boom period

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm not arguing the virtues of said match. What I'm getting at is why lay the blame exclusively on HHH.

Primarily the match stip cut the balls right off of the match, but if you're looking to blame the worker(s), why does Orton get off untarnished?

Exactly. Orton was there also if i remember. You cant blame one man for that piece of shit match everything up to that point was awesome. The build up was great.

The match sucked balls big time. Yeah HHH wasn't exactly on fire in that match, In fact he was shite, But Orton wasn't exactly on fire was he ?. I also think hype was a factor in the match been shit. The match just did not live up to the hype and build up it got. But it was down to both of them not just Trips.

Airfixx

Said it before and I'll say it again... The DQ = title change stip killed all the momentum from the awesome build... There was no storyline pay-off... This was meant to be more than just about the belt for HHH - How's he gonna let his rage loose on Orton, after all the shit he pulled, with just a bunch of matt holds and a Pedigree finish?

It was never gonna be an uber-classic, but with that build all we needed to see was the guys beat the living crap out of each other, gung-ho stylee (ideally to the point where it seemed HHH would sacrifice his own well being and if necessary the title to destroy Orton), and it would have been infinitely better.

...And @XBA: I'm not into the whole predicting matches by the textbook booking route, but if there was one predictable winner of that match it was HHH (In Kayfaybe Land you can't let THAT amount of 'evil' deeds go unpunished).

xtremebadass

...And @XBA: I'm not into the whole predicting matches by the textbook booking route, but if there was one predictable winner of that match it was HHH (In Kayfaybe Land you can't let THAT amount of 'evil' deeds go unpunished).

lol they could have done a great angle where Orton would have ruled Raw if he knocked off HHH at WM plus with McMahon out after the punt. it could have really evolved into something different, but then again WWE tries to stay away from anything "different"

Reaction score
Some people overlook WCW making Booker T because he was a world champ towards the end of WCW, not during its boom period

So? He never really achieved much fame there nor drew. He didn't have that aura that stars have. They also put the belt on Jarrett and Steiner but none of those cats ever were true superstars as much as they were last ditch efforts to try and create some. Never really drew anything and WCW died with that tier of champs. Books made himself a bigger name in Vinceland. Jarrett was never really a name, he was champ because he was boys with Russo and Steiner had always been a decent name since his best days as a tag worker with his brother.

The Rated R CMStar

To be honest, at least imo, HHH vs Orton at WM wasn't bad. In fact, it was fairly decent to be the main event. However, I think the match was hurt for all what happened before. HBK vs Taker took the life, heart and soul out of the crowd, and then Cena winning and Stone Cold took whatever they had left.

No, it was excellent, and it was in fact a "That's it?" feeling to the entire build up they had, but it wasn't as if they really had a chance.

seX-Power

As a WM main event, it should have been captivating enough to shine through, despite what had occurred before it.

Airfixx

Batista is a big draw and hasn't had as much spotlight at Mania as Triple H.

He's not done too bad given injuries and how long he's been in the company:

WM21... Big time match againt HHH, beating HHH for the WHC.
WM22... Injured.
WM23... Big time match against Taker.
WM24... Squashed Umaga.
WM25... Injured.

...My conclusion, stupidly atained injuries are his problem, not being overshadowed by HHH.

I'm not at all saying he's better then Triple H just it would be something fresh as a change.

Quality vs a change to mediocrity.... I'd vote for the former.

I'm also not saying Trips shouldn't have a big role at Mania. He should definitely be in a high profile match just not for any titles.

I have no problem at all with the rumoured HHH vs Seamus... HHH will make him look like gold (compared to anyone apart from maybe Golddust thus far.... No pun btw. : P )... IF HHH wins the title then maybe the grumbling majority may have a bit more foundation for their complaint (IMO).

XBA said:
lol they could have done a great angle where Orton would have ruled Raw if he knocked off HHH at WM plus with McMahon out after the punt. it could have really evolved into something different, but then again WWE tries to stay away from anything "different"

Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved Orton and Legacy to totally dominate Raw post WM25, but that has little to do with your saying "it was written on the wall that Orton really should have defeated HHH there".

All this talk is all spawned of talk of expectancy & predictability etc.

re: Booker T - 2nd to top face in a dying company? Big deal.