Please no.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

Source: F4WOnline.com

-- Although plans can change very quickly in WWE, the idea over the weekend was that Triple H is the favourite to win the Royal Rumble and receive a title match against Sheamus at WrestleMania.

His DX partner Shawn Michaels' is expected to face Batista at No Way Out to determine who will battle the Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Then the big interbrand match at WrestleMania would pit John Cena against Batista.

ffs, push someone else, PLZ. Michaels, Taker and Hunter should be as far away from the world title as possible and now we're looking at at least one of them holding the title after 'Mania. yuck. Let's hope this is rubbish speculation.

xtremebadass

So judging from this HBK vs. Taker will be for the belt? HHH vs. Sheamus and Taker vs. HBK is quite odd choices as the two main events. Usually we get Orton or Batista or even Edge. So we trade in the usual guys to have one NEW superstar with 3 guys that headlined WM like 10 years ago? Yes, WWE did understand pushing new talent with Sheamus but putting HBK, Taker, and HHH in the main events of WM 2010 is not a smart decision. It contradicts them pushing new talent to begin with.

So Cena vs. Batista will be for nothing? Well I am not that angry at the one. I loved their first match up.

Reaction score
I thought the card was going to pan out like this, I just didn't think Taker-HBK would be for the strap. But if Sheamus wins that's awesome. Lord knows we don't need another anti-climatic Triple H title win again, last year's Wrestlemania was probably the most silent and apathetic ending ever, next to WM 2000 and WM 18. Coincidence? Hardly.

If HBK-Taker ends with HBK ending the streak and ending up on Smackdown, that's a plus, eventhough it denies a young superstar the rub that comes with ending the streak. But the way it looks to me there isn't anyone on the roster outside Sheamus that the crowd would buy beating the Taker and if this is his last Wrestlemania, why not go out on your back? Records in wrestling is stupid and over rated, the streak at 17 will never be broken, and at least it doesn't give people that "we already knew who was winning" feeling. Plus HBK deserves one more reign up top before he retires.

But we'll probably get HHH beating Sheamus and Taker pinning HBK. Even if HBK heels out on Triple H, I'll still be sad.

noumenon

Alright, you all knew there wasn't going to be anyone new winning the Rumble this year so stop bitching. That's what MITB is for.
I for one like this for a few reasons...
a) Most likely means HBK/Undertaker if it does happen, won't be for the title.
b) This will most likely result in HHH eliminating HBK, giving HHH a nice little bad ass appeal once again.
c) It means Sheamus will be retaining at the Rumble through till Mania.

And let's face it, who better to put over a bad ass no love heel than the original, HHH. No one has really forced Sheamus to up his game till this point like HHH will. I think a feud with Sheamus will bring him up to the next level, and perhaps provide that missing bad ass HHH that we've been yearning for so long. I'm looking forward to a program between the two of them. And honestly what more of a stamp of approval could a guy get than someone like HHH being willing to face you at Mania for the title. And I REALLY strongly believe there is a chance of HHH putting him over at Mania.

And Batista/Cena? Are you joking?

Great One

God fuck HBK/Taker. There is no reason for them not to jump the gun on Cena and Taker this year.

Beer

a) Most likely means HBK/Undertaker if it does happen, won't be for the title.

Good point I missed big time.

Actually, I think Sheamus will go over Hunter. Triple H happily put Cena and Orton over twice, I can see him doing the same for the Sheamus.

I still stick by my opinion of HBK/Taker being a terrible match-up however. It's happened once, it was a great match, but really, happening again is just silly. Missing the chance of letting someone else get the rub of facing Taker at Wrestlemania which makes you a big star, whether you win or not. HBK doesn't need any more stardom. He should be used for once in a lifetime exhibition matches. He could face Batista, CM Punk (my fav idea) or maybe even one of the younger stars like Morrison, Rhodes or Ziggler.

noumenon

^Also, with all the reports of HHH being so high on Sheamus if he's going to put over anyone... it would be him.

The CM Punk/HBK thing would be brilliant and still stands as what I think could be probably the best feud leading into Mania if they choose to do it.

Airfixx

^^^Punk/HBK: God I really hope so. Perfectly plausible off the back of the DX/Punk&Gallows ting too.

HHH v Seamus I'm fine with. I'd imagine it being 3rd or maybe even 4th on the card and, regardless of all the haters, I trust HHH to make Seamus look like a million bucks.

They need some uber heel to screw Taker out of the title before Mania. Someone that could also hold his own in order to deliver a classic match ('specially if Takers hanging up the boots)... Damn fuckin' shame they blew their load on Jericho/Taker already.

Cena/Taker
HHH/Seamus (WWE)
HBK/Punk
Batista/??? (WHC)

PLEASE!!!

noumenon

Yeah, the Batista thing is a bit of a problem. We need two things for him. Someone to actually make me care about watching Batista, and someone who complements him well in the ring, which aren't all that many people. There really aren't a whole lot of faces to step up on the Smackdown side for a title match right now. Morrison would be a huge stretch.

Also... not only did they blow their nut on Jericho/Taker, they made Taker BURY Jericho.

Airfixx

^^^That shit makes me wanna burn down Titan Towers! (i.e. Taker burying him and Punk - The two best things on SD. Dunno what makes Rey so fucking special tbh.)

JoMo is the only guy that springs to mind (seems to drag a decent enough match outta the big guys too), but I share your reservations.

Let's face it, with a bit of shitty booking and with the ECs coming up they can pretty much (lazily) put the belt on whoever... Which is ANOTHER reason why the timing and use of the ECs sucks so bad - It's so much better when a guy carries the belt into WM with decent momentum from an already established title reign (The only reason I can fathom the occasional props that JBL/Cena get for WM21).

Beer

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Triple H vs. Sheamus
HBK vs. CM Punk
Batista vs. ?

Seriously this made me think. Who the fuck would face Batista? Rey Rey, prolly not gonna main event Wrestlemania again. The 'E don't consider him a big enough star anymore. Edge? Possibly, but who wants to see that again. Jericho? The most likely thus far, but he could be utilized so much better and they really need a face to take on the newly mega heel'd tista.

Who?

noumenon

Maybe a triple threat to try and cover for lack of interest for a singles opponent.

Axis

I can already here the fucking awesome promos that Cena could cut leading up to Wrestlemania, leading to the even more fucking awesome heel promos that he could cut after cheating to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. FUCK YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

"I've always told you all I'd do what it takes to be the best, and you've always cheered me for it. Well, I did it. So quit bitching."

noumenon

^LOL, replace "bitching" with "complaining" and we're good to go.