OOC Out of Character Thread 17/18

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Would love someone to have a say on what they think of this promo so I am able to improve for future ones.
Good stuff! You misspelled "waist" just towards the end but it's otherwise pretty well written. You obviously know what you're going for with Lars as a respectful face - he's a little bit generic for the minute but that's totally fine because you'll decide the little details later and get better writing them the more you practice them. Nice work, dude. :emoji_slight_smile:

Last edited:

TrueAlpha

Jobber
Reaction score
Good stuff! You misspelled "waist" just towards the end but it's otherwise pretty well written. You obviously know what you're going for with Lars as a respectful face - he's a little bit generic for the minute but that's totally fine because you'll decide and get better writing them the more you practice them. Nice work, dude. :emoji_slight_smile:
Thank you I'll edit it now. Yeah for now he is a respectful face but he's also very egotistical saying how he's the upcoming main man in the company.

Reactions: Geek773

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
Good stuff! You misspelled "waist" just towards the end but it's otherwise pretty well written. You obviously know what you're going for with Lars as a respectful face - he's a little bit generic for the minute but that's totally fine because you'll decide the little details later and get better writing them the more you practice them. Nice work, dude. :emoji_slight_smile:
Thank you I'll edit it now. Yeah for now he is a respectful face but he's also very egotistical saying how he's the upcoming main man in the company.
Another way to flesh out your character is to get into feuds and challenge him. Andersen Vega (My character) has never really been written well or had amazing promos, but he's done so much and has had so much done to him that he's no longer just a ego-heel or a jokey face, he's Andersen Vega (At least to me) and it's the same with Jack Rogue and character's like The Blade, who used to be a Hurricane ripoff before Gino feuded da faq out of him and made him one of the most deeply developed character's in the league's history.

Long story short, find a good heel to feud with and make some memories with your character. :emoji_wink:

Edit: BTW, I didn't mean that Jack and Bladey weren't written well, because they were... I was saying that the development that they had from going against the top heels and getting into amazing feuds helped develop them into something more than just a squeaky clean babyface or a superhero and into probably the two best faces in the league.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Another way to flesh out your character is to get into feuds and challenge him. Andersen Vega (My character) has never really been written well or had amazing promos, but he's done so much and has had so much done to him that he's no longer just a ego-heel or a jokey face, he's Andersen Vega (At least to me) and it's the same with Jack Rogue and character's like The Blade, who used to be a Hurricane ripoff before Gino feuded da faq out of him and made him one of the most deeply developed character's in the league's history.

Long story short, find a good heel to feud with and make some memories with your character. :emoji_wink:

Edit: BTW, I didn't mean that Jack and Bladey weren't written well, because they were... I was saying that the development that they had from going against the top heels and getting into amazing feuds helped develop them into something more than just a squeaky clean babyface or a superhero and into probably the two best faces in the league.
Or you can build a character like The Scat. Biggest baby face in the 2k14 league because of the stupid rule "you have to feud with someone to get booked" and no person would feud with the new guy. Which actually worked out to the characters advantage. That was another character who started off generic/cm punk rip off. But development to something more. Those are the best characters in my opinion.

Kazzir

Jobber
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my PSN finally renewed so I am indeed back in business. Feedback on my promo would be greatly appreciated and if anyone wants a match for next week with a good build then feel free to reply.
As the crowd are cheering just coming back from commercial of the show from week 6 the lights dim and the crowd fall silent, there's a slight pause and suddenly the lights go up and music blasts from the PA system.

Patrick Young: He's back! That's the music of Connor Rose! Anthony, Rose is back!

Anthony Pederson:
I never thought I see the day, Rose underwent a brutal assault from our current United States Champion, Damien Cortez.

Connor Rose finally steps out on the stage with a completely reinvented attire. He is wearing tights and new boots with a different slightly longer haircut than before. On the stage he begins to nod before raising his head and smiling, he shouts out loud "I'm back baby!" before the self proclaimed 'most diverse cruiserweight in the world' starts pondering to the fans. He runs down the stage high-fiving fans and soaking in the cheers. He finally makes it into the ring with his microphone.

Connor Rose: It's so good to be back, Washington DC! I must say, that's one of the biggest pops I've ever heard in my career for myself and it's from an American crowd, safe to say you missed me?

Connor chuckles to himself before pondering to the audience a bit more.

Connor Rose: I will admit to you all, I've missed you too but more importantly, I missed wrestling and even more importantly, I missed my chance to become United States champion and that is a wrong that I am soon to right. Damien Cortez. I want you in this ring, I don't care when, but I want you and once I'm done with you, I'm taking my rightfully earned United States championship match at Gauntlet of Champions and I don't give a damn who the champion is.

The crowd fell silent knowing how serious Connor was, this was a side we were yet to see from Connor until now.

Connor Rose: But, right now, I want a match, however, sadly my return was as much as a shock for management as it was for you therefore, I haven't been booked tonight. Although, that's fine because it gives me more time to train for my in-ring return where I am challenging anybody. Next week, I'll take on any comers and I will give you 100% before I smash my elbow through your skull or break your face with my shin and then I will take my win with pride before I set my sights on MY United States Championship.
(OPEN TO INTERACTION IF ANYONE WANTS TO SET UP A MATCH FOR NEXT WEEK)

Last edited:
Reactions: Geek773

Kazzir

Jobber
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't been around for a little while, but shouldn't week 6 results be out now? And the I want a match thread for week 7?

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't been around for a little while, but shouldn't week 6 results be out now? And the I want a match thread for week 7?
There's a load of things happening behind the scenes right now about the future of Precision. We need to decide some stuff, bear with us, we'll update soon. :)

Reactions: Kazzir

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this earlier, but we're taking a small break due to Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day celebrations. Christmas has passed, but New Years is coming up, so the next time you'll see Precision is in 2018.

The date for when results will go up is unknown, but expect it in early January. Thank you for your patience.

There are some big changes that are going to be happening behind the scenes, and some that will affect Precision as a whole, we hope you are looking forward to them.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this earlier, but we're taking a small break due to Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day celebrations. Christmas has passed, but New Years is coming up, so the next time you'll see Precision is in 2018.

The date for when results will go up is unknown, but expect it in early January. Thank you for your patience.

There are some big changes that are going to be happening behind the scenes, and some that will affect Precision as a whole, we hope you are looking forward to them.
so you will be able to reply to my submission after new years?

Kazzir

Jobber
Reaction score
Can one of you dudes link the thread explaining the heavyweight and young lion divide? I had a pretty cool idea for another character but completely forgotten how the system works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.