Orton vs Cena: Match of the year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
yea, it really was a disappointment. the best matches were low on the card. the 2 comeback matches (HHH & Rey) i actually think were the best matches. but batista vs. khali sucked, cm punk vs john morrison sucked (i had HUGE expectations, big disappointment), cena vs. orton was a big disappointment. hell, i'd say the triple threat for the IC title was even better than those matches i listed.

Cena_Buttocks

Reaction score
I would not call it MOTY, if anything it was the Match of the DECADE!!

The way Cena survived the onslaught and managed to overcome the odds of the Legend Killer, Rand.E Orton was nothing short of inspiring.

Triple HHH
Booby Lashley
McFoley
And now Rand.E

Cena is truly a legend!

J

Damn thats the last WWE PPV I ordered...It was shit...The Intercontintle match was mediorce...Rey vs. Chavo was dissapointing...Kahli vs. Tista...don't even know i feel asleep...boring Diva's match...Orton vs. Morrision has a bad ending...The only match that lived up to the little hype it had was Trips vs. Books...that match was pretty good...

Famou$ 187

So i won't have to write a paragraph like everyone else.I agree with Conc3pt.

Reinvented

Reaction score
I saw it....The only reason I ordered it was for Triple H after this match I turned it off I knew after his match the show would go downhill and I was right Superman Cena retained and CM Punk is ECWs main event jobber and the worse thing Batista wins so rematch........o my god I hate to see what they do to this now....

PeepShow

Ok, I am going to right this as my own opinion and not being biased. Here goes:

Well, right now, the only thing for me to look forward to is how the Vince storyline played out. I really thought we would see some pretty big stories on this, considering it was a PPV, but I guess i was wrong. As for the PPV itself. I didnt see the Kane/Finlay or IC title match, but I did see all the rest of them. The best match IMO was the ME, and thats saying something. I mean, the only reason it was good was b/c every other second, I was just hoping that Orton would hit an RKO out of nowhere, and when he did, he "hurts" his leg? Wow, no other comments on the match. Batista/Khali was sure a barn burner and worth the all that money. Trips/Bookah was ok, nothing special. I have seen much better out of Triple H, but it was still ok. Prolly 2nd best of the night. Trips did look pretty good and he HAS lost a lot of weight. Divas match was just.......Chesticles. Rey/Chavo wasnt that great, it was very, VERY average, not to mention Rey looked kinda fat. Punk/Morrison wasnt that great. More of Punk Jobbing. (Samoa Joe.......?)

Anyway, the PPV was by far the 2nd best of the year, and thats not being subjective, it just was. The matches were far better in this PPV than all other WWE PPVs this yr besides WM.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10

Kaedon

Reaction score
This isnt a summerslam review thread so lets keep that to a minimum please.

The Cena/Orton match was one of the best matches of the year. I was in a bar that had about 1000 people in it and they were wired for it. And the girls were all torn on it because "Uhh like they are both really like cute" except for my friend Chaya who said "Randy Orton is an annoying prick and I hate him". Im pretty sure she came down on the Cena side. Much like every other Cena main event, it was set up PERFECTLY from a psychology standpoint. But what sealed it was the false finishes. My highlight of the night was walking by this smarky little fuck I know and the look on his face after Orton lost was GREAT! He just looked so disgusted and I got a kick out of it.

Beer Money Army

The match was just..bad. The only reason the match was watchable was because the crowd was so into it. It was watching an old ECW match with the fans creating all the excitement.

I have yet to watch it... So i guess it was like WM 22 HHH/cena or JBL/Cena i quit(in which i thought both was an 7/10 no more higher than that).. The in ring wrestling was average, but the crowd reaction overrates it.... I'll purchase or download the show...

if so i'm not going be too happy...

CenaMark54

I have to laugh at the people claiming they doubt the match was good but then clearly state they haven't seen it. Hold off on your criticism until you actually watch it.

It was definitely one of the best matches of the year. The drama, the back and forth action, the near falls, and the hot crowd made this match a classic. That was as hot a crowd for a WWE match as I have seen in the last 5 years. And people claim that Orton and Cena aren't stars.

A match doesn't need to have fifty high spots for it to be a great match. There were literally five or six times where I thought either guy had a chance to win. The psychology of the match was perfect. Cena playing the champion in peril was fantastic and Orton was equally as good as the ice cold LEGITIMATE heel threat. The selling in the match was also fantastc (until Cena no selling at the end, but thats more of a booking issue).

I swear, most people will rag on this match because of how it turned out. But the match was almost perfect. It sets up a long term fued between the WWE's biggest stars. Yes I said biggest, this match outpoped both Austin and HHH times 10. Orton came out looking like a bigger threat to Cena then he was going in and Cena, for the first time, looked like he doubted himself after the match.

I give this match 4.5 stars out of 5 and put it slightly ahead of Cena/Michaels at Mania as match of the year. This match will turn out to be much more significant though.

Bradders

Reaction score
I don't think it was MOTY but it was one of the best WWE PPV matches for quite a while. The phsycology in the match was immense and, although the opening was slow, things soon picked up and the match was thoroughly enjoyable and I loved the ending.

Reaction score
Randy orton vs John Cena was bull shit I only watched it because I thought Orton was gonna win but he lost. I bet everyone was all excited Orton was gona win but he just jobbed. The only good thing about the match was the crowd chanting Lets Go Orton and Lets Go Cena. Chavo Vs Rey match was kind of good
because Rey returned and all the sick moves in the match. The HHH Vs Booker match was best IMO because HHH returned and kicked Bookers ass.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Dammit Umaga Retains!,Fuck!.......Ohhh,yeah...on topic Cena vs Orton was average and kind of a disappointment,but then again people were overrating it before it began, by saying its Rock/Austin new generation. same with Joe/Angle.....just a overrated so-called Dream Match.