Open Letter to WWEF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
What was your name back in the day? Sorry, I don't keep up with this stuff. I try to keep mine the same so everyone knows me.
Roadster.

Reactions: Danielson

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score

Change the song to this and we can do this together :yay:

• Haha
Reactions: Danielson

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The problem was moving to the WatchWrestling domain, and the months of letting the site stew for the months beforehand. In the months leading up to that and then when we actually moved the site just seemed to die, for whatever reason. Even the IWT section which was always at least semi-active.

Partially I think it's because WWE turned to shit, so people weren't watching it live or wanting to post about it, and partially because Crayo just left the site to stew for months with little/no new improvements.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
MPfags joining was the beginning of the end. :true: :letroll:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Oh and as for the topic at hand, I stay as active as I can for someone not watching the product. I love talking sports with you jokers and while the LR/other discussions have died down, they are fun as well. Then I can go in the wrestling sections and talk shit without having any clue what is going on in the current product like a boss

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Believe it or not we would pump thousands and thousands of replies into LD Threads. I can be more active there for sure.
Yea LDs really got fucked when they changed servers

we used to have some pretty snazzy LDs

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The problem was moving to the WatchWrestling domain, and the months of letting the site stew for the months beforehand. In the months leading up to that and then when we actually moved the site just seemed to die, for whatever reason. Even the IWT section which was always at least semi-active.

Partially I think it's because WWE turned to shit, so people weren't watching it live or wanting to post about it, and partially because Crayo just left the site to stew for months with little/no new improvements.
Crayo, sadly as much as I hate to admit it, was really a driving force. Having an owner like that was sweet.

Reactions: Danielson and Crayo

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I don't frequent the LDs for Raw (is there a SD one?) because I'm usually not watching the show/s when it airs. I'm watching this weeks Raw right now online actually. But since I have the network I will usually be here for the PPV LDs. As far as other areas go - I really enjoyed IWT and I tried to keep it alive and well the best I could. We had a demand for a regime change - so I said I'll do it and the people voted. It slumped a little but people seem to be enjoying themselves. I enjoy it and I hope everyone that participates does too. Why would you guys if you didn't, right? Nice to see you back in btw @Danielson

I also try to talk about shows, movies, comics, music, and weird news stories on here. Not to say I have huge post numbers or anything, but I honestly have IRL moments where I say to myself "I need to share that on the forums and see what they think". Thats a good example of how deep my dedication runs for this place.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Traffic and activity never suffered when we moved the domain and I have the statistics to prove it. I'm not going to point fingers or accuse anyone of anything because I haven't been around to see it, but I do know that sites do generally just die out. A lot of luck goes in to having a successful forum (as well as hard work). Having users like Seabs, Dolph, and the other long-term ones are really what you build it on. It's very rare to get those however because normally the flow is new users signing up, posting a little bit, and then leaving. The cycle repeats but it's based on your Google presence and your content quality. There is a lot of intense competition in this niche now and the main two have advantages that this forum doesn't have. One of them having a fantastic domain, Google presence, and 10+ years of indexed quality wrestling content is a mammoth to compete with.

It's not a coincidence that our most active months were when users like the one's I have mentioned had stellar months producing fantastic content in the wrestling sections. As for why the site is slow now, it just seems like the buzz has gone. I built WWEF around community so naturally hid from the responsibilities of rules. I run forums very different to 99% of webmaster's but that doesn't mean I am right. Solidus is one of the best webmaster's I have worked with. People have different styles and users react differently to that; that's how building a community works.

This site isn't DEAD though. Many owners of forum's would still kill for this kind of activity now, so instead of complaining about it, work hard to promote it.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
There's better wrestling discussion forums out there on the inter-web (Wrestling Forum, Pro Wrestling, etc.) when it comes to strictly talking about pro wrestling. Plus, not everyone has time to make 1,000+ posts a week like some of the people here do. Speaking for myself personally, I've always made about 200 posts a month usually at the most. There's a life out there (both online and off) beyond just discussing things with only one particular group of individuals.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Traffic and activity never suffered when we moved the domain and I have the statistics to prove it. I'm not going to point fingers or accuse anyone of anything because I haven't been around to see it, but I do know that sites do generally just die out. A lot of luck goes in to having a successful forum (as well as hard work). Having users like Seabs, Dolph, and the other long-term ones are really what you build it on. It's very rare to get those however because normally the flow is new users signing up, posting a little bit, and then leaving. The cycle repeats but it's based on your Google presence and your content quality. There is a lot of intense competition in this niche now and the main two have advantages that this forum doesn't have. One of them having a fantastic domain, Google presence, and 10+ years of indexed quality wrestling content is a mammoth to compete with.

It's not a coincidence that our most active months were when users like the one's I have mentioned had stellar months producing fantastic content in the wrestling sections. As for why the site is slow now, it just seems like the buzz has gone. I built WWEF around community so naturally hid from the responsibilities of rules. I run forums very different to 99% of webmaster's but that doesn't mean I am right. Solidus is one of the best webmaster's I have worked with. People have different styles and users react differently to that; that's how building a community works.

This site isn't DEAD though. Many owners of forum's would still kill for this kind of activity now, so instead of complaining about it, work hard to promote it.
6dec1e29dc48f2c5f5a18b988c1f42f9.gif

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There's better wrestling discussion forums out there on the inter-web (Wrestling Forum, Pro Wrestling, etc.) when it comes to strictly talking about pro wrestling.

That gets incredibly boring, imo.