"Old School" RAW Discussion Thread (11/15/10)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McFly...

Reaction score
Confirmed names for tonight:

Sgt. Slaughter, Ted DiBiase, IRS, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Dusty Rhodes, Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper, The Iron Sheik, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Mean Gene Okerlund.

I think this will be really good and surprising. I think this is what some of the old fans need to reconnect with the WWE.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Waiting in fucking anticipation for Piper. HOLY SHIT, COME OUT NOW, PLZ.

This is the greatest Raw ever. WWF >>>> WWE. I miss the WWF days so fucking much.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Old logo, red, white and blue roped ring, RAW in the background, even the refs are rockin' bowties!

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
OMG JR FTMFW!!!!

And Cole is my favorite character in the WWE right now

"you can hear paint dry" ROFL

Montana

Reaction score
That was a fun Raw with a good finale. They should have an Old School Raw every year.

nation

Reaction score
Meh, it was decent but where the hell were the stars and legends? We had Jim Ross, Piper, Ron Simmons for the lolz and Ted DiBiase who apparently no one gives a shit about now. Same with Dusty. The rest were fake legends and complete jokes now. Where the hell was The Rock, Austin, Savage(no idea what is going on but apparently the WWE is finally getting friendly with him listing him highly in lists and working with him on a figure), HBK, HHH(I understand the whole selling shit for Sheamus but why not a short skit?), Bret Hart(who is employed by the company so uh wtf?), The Outsiders, Psycho Sid, The New Age Outlaws, etc? Obviously there is some huge difference in terms of star power and legendary status so don't think I'm comparing anything. Sid and The New Age Outlaws could have worked a match. Instead we get Jimmy fucking Snuka, sigh.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
What a fag for naming Rock, Austin, NAO, Sid and Triple H amongst the legends. We are talking REAL legends here.

CMS

Reaction score
Using HHH, HBK, Austin or The Rock without any anticipated hype in a just a throwaway short skit segment would have been the biggest waste in history.

Bret Hart not appearing was indeed odd though.

...god...

Reaction score
God damn, JR and Cole part was so epic words can't even describe. 3-way team go.

...god...

Reaction score
also, where does Randy Orton say he's gonna punt John Cena's head off in some promo, didn't see it anywhere (not the end).

nation

Reaction score
What a fag for naming Rock, Austin, NAO, Sid and Triple H amongst the legends. We are talking REAL legends here.

Real legends? I know you're a fan of Piper but he isn't in the same league as Rock And Austin. Those two guys are in the top 5 biggest stars of all time. I also recall saying don't think I'm comparing their legend status and star power so think. If you don't consider them to be legends then you're Blue. The New Age Outlaws are one of the most popular tag teams of the 90's and of all time, HHH a 13 time world champion, Sid a multiple world champion and highly successful as Psycho Sid and Sid Vicious, Rock and Austin I don't need to explain. It's common fucking sense.

Using HHH, HBK, Austin or The Rock without any anticipated hype in a just a throwaway short skit segment would have been the biggest waste in history.

Bret Hart not appearing was indeed odd though.

So the "legends" used had purpose? No they didn't with the exception of DiBiase and Piper. So they should have hyped it. The crowd would have went nuts if any of those guys made an appearance especially The Rock. But no instead we get a bunch of fake legends apart from a few guys.

Montana

Reaction score
I think by Old School they meant 1980's Nation...Hence why Austin Rock, and the others you mentioned aren't actually old school legends.

CMS

Reaction score
First off, The Rock and Stone Cold are not legends. They are indeed some of the biggest names in the industry, but I dont know if enough time has passed for them to be considered legends.

Second, yeah, that makes sense, waste a Rock appearance just because the crowd would have gone crazy. You know, we could have gotten a ratings bump by saying The Rock would be there, but nah, let's just get a pop. Hey, we have saved the first sighting of HHH since Extreme Rules so that he can come back and fight Sheamus in a money making program and people crave the moment they get to see him back, but nah, let's just put him in a DX segment with HBK, who people haven't seen him since his classic at Wrestlemania.

I thought you said you knew the difference between legends and star power. Roddy Piper is a legend. Stone Cold, the Rock, they have more star power, you can still get money out of them, but they are not yet legends. Is a matter of aging.

And if you want to get technical, WWE didn't say Raw was going to be a night of legends. They say they were going old school.