Old guys to keep wrestling? Yay or Nay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Not sure you can make that argument. If Taker didn't want to lose it to Lesnar, he wouldn't have. He has a good relationship with Brock it seems and was probably aware that WWE wanted to use Brock the way they have. He has enough clout where he could have turned it down, but he didn't.

I kind of had a feeling you were going to use the "Undertaker was ok with it" argument but I would say that's cause he's a company guy. He's always going to say yes. Doesn't mean you do it anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LMAO yeah let's not use it on an actual UFC champion and use it on an unproven nobody we won't know will pan out......BRILLIANT!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
LMAO yeah let's not use it on an actual UFC champion and use it on an unproven nobody we won't know will pan out......BRILLIANT!

I just said they didn't have to use it on an unknown but I just wish it wasn't Brock. And I'm sure they would've built up the star to the point of not being a nobody before they went after the streak.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just said they didn't have to use it on an unknown but I just wish it wasn't Brock. And I'm sure they would've built up the star to the point of not being a nobody before they went after the streak.
Who then, tell us?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who then, tell us?

Is there a point? Whoever I say you're just gonna complain and say "NAH HE NEVER WOULDVE BEEN OVER ENOUGH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BROCK LESNAR."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well yeah, you keep downplaying it shouldn't have been Brock so tell us the solution

Reactions: Deezy

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well yeah, you keep downplaying it shouldn't have been Brock so tell us the solution

Any three members of the shield, drew McIntyre, aleister black, Bray Wyatt, john cena

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
John Cena was in a more bullet proof position than Lesnar was during that time.

Brock was putting over Cena and Triple H and doing sporadic feuds with Big Show and Mark Henry and the one match with CM Punk.....after ending the streak, he became the final level boss who's been running shit ever since.

If anyone in the Shield ended it that person would've immediately gotten the Reigns resentment and McIntyre and Black weren't even in the company.

Bray would've always shit the bed because outside of gimmick matches where he took steps to the face......I for the life of me, can't name a memorable one.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
John Cena was in a more bullet proof position than Lesnar was during that time.

Brock was putting over Cena and Triple H and doing sporadic feuds with Big Show and Mark Henry and the one match with CM Punk.....after ending the streak, he became the final level boss who's been running shit ever since.

If anyone in the Shield ended it that person would've immediately gotten the Reigns resentment and McIntyre and Black weren't even in the company.

Bray would've always shit the bed because outside of gimmick matches where he took steps to the face......I for the life of me, can't name a memorable one.

I'm not talking just 2014. I'm talking in general. McIntyre or Black couldn't ended it now for all I care. And 2014 was literally the perfect year for anyone in the Shield to end it cause they were at their hottest.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And whoever broke that streak would've just gotten that resentment.....no matter who it was.

Put it on Brock who always has had that kind of resentment because he actually knows how to negotiate a contract better than anyone in this entire business.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm just imagining the shit Reigns would have gotten for breaking the streak :lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Swamps and Deezy

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I was expecting some crazy names, but some of those :beckylol

Roman got shit on for beating Taker at Mania when he'd already lost the streak

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:james should've ended the streak.....he would've been the biggest star ever.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't have a problem with Brock beating the streak but the names Sabs gave were fine as well.

John Cena? Cool, a lot of people were already tossing him around as an option. A lot of the "IWC" would've been furious, as they tend to be, but fuck it. He has the company on his back for 10 years, he's a worthy candidate if there ever was one.

The Shield? Sure. Maybe not in 2014. Maybe down the road. If Reigns broke it, again there would be outrage. But he's getting shit on either way so might as well embrace it and give him this huge rub. Hard to imagine Ambrose beating him though and given how WWE handled him, it's pretty unrealistic to think that would have ever happened and it probably would have been a waste as well. Rollins, sure. Some would detest it, but ah well. Would have been a good way to show you're serious about making him a top guy. Which they seemingly aren't.

Bray Wyatt? Don't care much for Wyatt actually. Pretty average wrestler, boring at times. Always said a bunch of cliche vague nonsense about "you're gonna pay for your transgressions" or whatever and it was so rarely explained what the fuck he was talking about. But at one point in time he was poised to be the new face of fear and beating Taker would have set him up for big things.

Aleister Black I obviously love but if Taker's streak was still going to this day, they'd have to really book him well up until Mania 35 to make him a good candidate given how new and unestablished he is.

Drew McIntyre is an excellent shout out imo. WWE are having a hell of a time trying to solidify top guys in this current generation. Honestly the only guys they've tried to give the ball to the last 5 years who haven't crashed and burned would be Lesnar and Styles. McIntyre is like a tailor made Vinny Mac main eventer with the added bonus that he can also wrestle his ass off. Just like Lesnar took on the role of "final boss" by beating Taker, McIntyre could easily have done the same if theoretically you kept the streak going until this year and just had Drew murk him at Mania 34 then book him as the badass he believably is.

Other possibilities that come to mind would be Punk in 2012, Goldberg in 2017 because fuck it and Braun Strowman in 2018.

Honestly I guess I just don't see the big deal with who beats the streak now that it is over.

Lesnar was a good choice in his own right and has had some of the absolute best matches in the world ever since he beat the streak. It is a bit frustrating as a fan that he is the very top guy despite rarely appearing and occasionally phoning it in but it is what it is. I would say this era of WWE being one of the most turbulent means you could argue that making him the top dog may have been a mistake but I also believe there are a lot of factors at play.

I don't see how you can downplay any of Sabs' choices either though. We really don't know how things would have played out if Taker lost that streak to someone other than Brock. Had anyone other than Brock been the one to beat the streak then WWE as we know it would probably be significantly different, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Chris

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I was expecting some crazy names, but some of those :beckylol

Roman got shit on for beating Taker at Mania when he'd already lost the streak

That victory was so fucking stupid. If you were going to have Roman beat Undertaker then may as well have him break the streak like god damn.

And you were expecting some crazy names? Idk Billy Kidman. Maybe The Hurricane. I got it... Jamie Noble