Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^^ what you just said sounds like noob work, Maxing stats, lol, thats why they did it this way is so people dont max stats.

Im bringing Kassidy to 89 and then the Hayes twins to 86

i cant raise my strengthen and its pissing me off. all my other stats go up but not that.

the dark knight

i've played and completely finished all the smackdown games (except last year's and 07) :/

maxing my CAW's attribute is my primary and final goal before i throw away the game and never play it again. unless its really good.

the dark knight

i finished 2 seasons in 08 but didnt get all awards cuz i never lost my title and i skipped the gm mode.

as for 07...it just plain fuckin sucked. i used kane and didn't even finish the feud with mysterio.

its not like i cant do it, the games sucked so bad i couldn't get myself into finish them.

edit-

its like saying i've won every title ever except the divas and CW titles.

MikeRaw

I've finished Cena's, Y2J's, HHH's, and Punk's RTWM's.

I'd rank them like this:

1-HHH
2-Cena
3-Y2J
4-Punk

Punks was ok, but way too short, and no real big twists.
Y2J's was awesome, but not good enough for first.
Cena's was the most fun of them all, and most realistic, because I can see MVP doing that, and he fit his character so well (Cena did) in this one.
HHH gets the first spot though, because nothing beats HHH.

This Guy

Well ok I got it yesterday(rented cause I am getting for Christmas and stuff) and so far I've beaten

Cena,Punk,Jericho,Undertaker(not in that order)I am working on the HHH one now I just started it.

so far my favorite had to be the Jericho one it was pretty cool.

also lol and I know this is no big deal but it would have been if it was something like this on the other game lol..but at the Tribute to the Troops Event why do the fireworks shoot off because last I remember they don't even use them at the Event.

actually what I find funnier about it is guys like Jericho's Pyro which normally shoots from the sign above the stage seems to shoot out of nowhere. lol

I've done all the RTW's now. However I do have to replay Takers to get Finlay (I guess we all picked Santino to face in the ladder match lol) and I have to do the Rey/Batista one again but play as Batista this time. Plus figure out any other ways to unlock stuff through RTW

When you have the fire around the ring to 500 degrees, your suppose to throw them out of the ring. It's just as similar as the Royal Rumble.

its only 300 degrees, but you can also do a Strong Grapple and just drag your opponent into the ropes as well...however they will pull back harder to make it difficult.

The Rated R CMStar

Is it a way to increase the difficulty of Career Mode? In the matches, the opponents offer no kind of counter or defense for that matter.

Kassidy

Reaction score
they get harder as you progress i got to the WWE title before it started to get a lil hard.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I'm getting the PS3 version today.

PSN: MonkeyStyle5389

Mugen

Reaction score
I've played all the RTWM and got every bonus. Saving extra files before the path splits ftw!

I'd rate them:

1. Punk
2. Batista and Rey
3. Triple H
4. Jericho
5. Cena
6. Undertaker (Obviously)

I enjoyed Punk's because it was simple and fun. Though lack of twist made it a bit boring. Batista and Rey's was fun for the amount of paths to choose from. Haitch's story was kinda interesting. Jericho's was 'meh'. Cena's was just bleh, but had enjoyable stipulations. Undertaker's... awful.

Career mode was somewhat enjoyable. Loved how difficulty jumped when you get into the World title picture. Hated how once your CAW's ability was set, you cannot change it. I REALLY want my CAW to do Morrison's split-legged moonsault.

HUGE improvement over 2008.

The A-man

Reaction score
I have to admit I was very surprized as well as thankfull that SDvsRAW09 turned out as well as it did due last year's 08 being a disappointment.

So far, I spent most of my time updating everyone's movesets in the game, playing random matches, fooling around with the returning roster edit mode, and playing the Career Mode

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

The WrestleMania 24 arena is not cool. I was expecting bright lights and the ring to be covered up by that thing.

What a disappointment.

I'm watching the Taker vs. Edge video on the PS3 version. Do other version have it?