Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
this looks cools

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20080711084601611_640w.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/888/888049/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20080710033455062.jpg

^^^ i will be cutting that when i have the time into a psd :)

[YT]MT-IbwazSbY[/YT]​

Kassidy

Reaction score
overalls shown from the e3 video interview with cory

Triple H: 91
Taker: 95
Tista: 91
Y2J:89
CM Punk: 87
Cena: 93
Jeff hardy: 89
Matt hardy: 87
Mr. Kennedy: 87
Randy Orton: 92
And CM punk is champ in the game, and matt is U.S champ

Soulpower

And CM punk is champ in the game, and matt is U.S champ

YES!! We're FINALLY going to have an up to date roster in a SvR game.

Kassidy

Reaction score
also rewatching the vid triple h is on smackdown shows so far look up to date, cm punk is on raw.

The next vid slotted to play on e3 livewire is svr 2009 superstars hopefully this gives me more to post..

edit: no new info the vid was just 2 superstars on with the ign team

Reaction score
I think we should b able to download extra's like we can for Call of Duty 4. We could download, new wrestlers, new moves, new artire and a new match types. personally i think the punjabi prison should b in it cause that would be quite good. also the should make it able so u can do ur own ppv's again.

1chiban

Reaction score
Glad that they've put more effort into the tag team aspect - always a let down in previous titles imo. Hopefully they won't neglect new features in single-player mode though. THQ needs to produce a much stronger season mode for this one. 08's was again pretty poor. It should be neverending like the old ones, not just end after a year. Plus getting title shots after you've won apparent 'number 1 contender' matches would help too!

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^^ lol yea well they have two season modes from what i know, Road to wrestlemania which is going to be completely superstar specific and limited to who can do it, but its 3 months starting at royal rumble ending at wrestlemania and then the normal season mode but besides that no other details

1chiban

Reaction score
^ There seems little point in that Road to WM one. Although if it is highly specific, I suppose it's a test for a similar concept within a longer season mode in the future?

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^ well it suppose to be highly specific as in the big names only in Road to WM and its suppose to feel like your actually playing a wwe type story for your character. so a complete story for orton and a completely diff one for triple h and the undertaker.

I think we should b able to download extra's like we can for Call of Duty 4. We could download, new wrestlers, new moves, new artire and a new match types. personally i think the punjabi prison should b in it cause that would be quite good. also the should make it able so u can do ur own ppv's again.

they have already announced that they plan on doing dl content, havent said what but its a big plan of theirs because all the request, u will probly at least see themes and gamer pics for the 360. besides that no further details on what they plan on letting us do.

1chiban

Reaction score
^^ well it suppose to be highly specific as in the big names only in Road to WM and its suppose to feel like your actually playing a wwe type story for your character. so a complete story for orton and a completely diff one for triple h and the undertaker.

Something which has not been a part of previous games in any meaningful form... something that was HIGHLY frustrating and really limited its lifespan imo

J

Yea i agree with the dl content...but the number one thing i would luv to see in dl content is new wrestlers...that would completly make the games 110% better...

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ but then people wouldnt see the point of buying the next game unless they added some pretty wicked features, most people would just care that they have the updated roster and wouldnt buy svr 2010 lol

J

Lol...Good point...but i still think people would buy the next game...It's just like Madden...It's one of those games you buy yearly just because you a huge fan...and also alternate suits would be awesome...

MikeRaw

New svr news.

Here's some new details we've learned on WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW 2009...

*The Create a Superstar mode is much more advanced in this game as moves from outside of WWE that have never been in a wrestling game before are available such as Kevin Steen's Package piledriver, Nigel McGuinness' Tower of London and Bryan Danielson's Cattle Mutilation.

*The new Create a Finisher mode allows players to string together 10 different moves to make up their own unique fnisher. The move will still do as much damage as a regular finisher does, just look cooler.

*The WWE Superstars will now be able to use the steel stairs when making their entrance into the ring, which is a first in this 10 year series. For example, Mr. Kennedy will do his signature slapping of the stairs as he enters the ring.

*The now-vacated WWE Cruiserweight Championship will indeed be included in the game.

*The revamped tag team mode that the developers are pushing hard is said to be a huge improvement with heat meters for hot tags between partners, better double team moves and a more realistic break up of a pin attempt by partners.

*The updated confirmed roster as of this past week now includes Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, The Miz, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kennedy, Randy Orton and The Undertaker. The game will feature over 60 WWE Superstars when everything is done.

*THQ has promised downloadable content will be available for players but no idea what exactly will be put out there. Some of the possibilities that have been discussed include storyline expansions and roster expansions, among others.

---------
Sounds pretty good, and it looks like it will be a good game. Definately buying it.Create a finisher should be good and Im glad they are adding new moves.