• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

Kassidy

The Road to Wrestlemania

Forget lifting weights and going on dates with divas. Those days are over (at least for gamers). The focus on this year's career mode is on the three-month period between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Why so short? Try unique storylines for all selectable wrestlers in the mode, an enhanced Royal Rumble match to kick things off, and the addition of co-op storylines and multiple endings for every character.

"Wrestlemania is the end of the story," explains Williams. "We want a better focus on each story so they have more impact. By having the three-month timeframe, it just gives us a better lane to work in. You're heading to Wrestlemania and we have all these great stories around it. It's basically like watching Raw or ECW or Smackdown every week, but playing it out for yourself. It exudes the presentation of the programming. If you're John Cena, you go to Raw, you wrestle, you interact with people, and when the show is done, you move on to the next show. We got rid of the 24/7 element just to make it much more focused."

And while Williams wouldn't give up who is making the cut in career mode in terms of getting their own stories, he would say this: "Through research we've done with WWE and our own focus tests, it will be the more popular wrestlers. It will be a good group of guys, but I can't say it's going to be everybody."

Found this lil tidbit i figured id post it

chessarmy

^ NOO! They are going back to the gay SvR 06 Season Mode! Fuck the Voice acting ruined everything :(

the dark knight

The Road to Wrestlemania

Forget lifting weights and going on dates with divas. Those days are over (at least for gamers). The focus on this year's career mode is on the three-month period between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Why so short? Try unique storylines for all selectable wrestlers in the mode, an enhanced Royal Rumble match to kick things off, and the addition of co-op storylines and multiple endings for every character.

"Wrestlemania is the end of the story," explains Williams. "We want a better focus on each story so they have more impact. By having the three-month timeframe, it just gives us a better lane to work in. You're heading to Wrestlemania and we have all these great stories around it. It's basically like watching Raw or ECW or Smackdown every week, but playing it out for yourself. It exudes the presentation of the programming. If you're John Cena, you go to Raw, you wrestle, you interact with people, and when the show is done, you move on to the next show. We got rid of the 24/7 element just to make it much more focused."

And while Williams wouldn't give up who is making the cut in career mode in terms of getting their own stories, he would say this: "Through research we've done with WWE and our own focus tests, it will be the more popular wrestlers. It will be a good group of guys, but I can't say it's going to be everybody."

Found this lil tidbit i figured id post it

fuck

1) again, voice acting= bad
2) too short
3) stories are nothing if you're not really having an affect on it. YOU should make the choices..and every choice have different consequences.

example:

each week, lets say on an interview, you get something like 5 options for each line you say. each one does something to your status...like heel/face strength, relationship with others, etc.

4) does that mean we cant get our CAW? blows
5) there should be an improved GM mode. not the gay scheduling thing, like an active wrestler but you approach others and give orders. or something like that..
6) we need a gym with mini games in season mode to increase attributes. like in boxing games..

C4

That is freaking sick, bad decision for SVR 09'

The season mode shouldn't be of 3 months, I like to continue with one wrestler and many storylines. Who wants to change back wrestlers and try multiple storylines? Damn.

Travis40

Yeah, this is a big hit for 09, I really don't want to buy the game now, unless there's a different storyline for EVERY superstar and not just the major ones...I want a storyline with a Mid Carder. The tag team control system looks cool

Kassidy

^^^ read my friend it says only big names, and there is going to be a second season mode this is just road to wrestlemaina

gamebreaker

09 will be good. theres finally gonna be momentum tagging and way better superstars. im gonna buy it for ps3

Evil Austin

THQ and YUKES Division stop being so lazy to get it done on time I am sure we would all not care if its a few months late but only if its worth the wait whats th epoint of making it come one a year when its getting worse and worse every year.. developers take your time and think about what we would want not what is easy for you.

xtremebadass

The 24/7 Mode was a complete time waister and pretty stupid both in Season and GM Mode. I want a season mode that resembles Here Comes the Pain, now that was some good video game playing.

smackdownvsraw09ri2.th.jpg

CT Styles

I got so excited when I saw the first post on the first page. I thought it was official but it's just what he wants. :smh

Apparently the cover has DX because they have modified the tag matches and want to showcase it.

Dre

sdvsraw2009.jpg

- THQ issued the following press release regarding WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009:

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - July 3, 2008 - THQ Inc. and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. today announced that World Wrestling Entertainment® Superstars Triple H and Shawn Michaels will be featured on the cover of WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2009. The accolade marks an unprecedented fifth time that fan-favorite Triple H has appeared on a cover for the leading fighting videogame franchise, while storied veteran Michaels will make his cover debut.

"Triple H and Shawn Michaels have made headlines over the years when they unite as the infamous 'D-Generation X' tag team in WWE programming," said Cory Ledesma, senior creative manager, THQ. "We selected them for the cover as a means to celebrate the unprecedented level of tag team functionality we will deliver in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009. Our tag team matches will allow players to experience the true task of working together, and our new Road to WrestleMania® Mode will feature the franchise's first co-op tag team storyline."

Is it me, or does it seem like Triple H has to be on almost every single SvR Cover.