Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Been trying to beat Bulldog with HBK at One Night Only in Attitude Era mode for 2 straight days now. Can't get it done. I can't get that 2nd signature move for whatever reason. I have him beat every time but he always ends up hitting his running powerslam and pinning me before I can hit the 2nd signature elbow drop.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Getting this tomorrow too. Trading in some crappy games (ie MW3, BF3, etc) to get it. Can't wait.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Got 3 losses cause of disconnects ffs THQ.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Been trying to beat Bulldog with HBK at One Night Only in Attitude Era mode for 2 straight days now. Can't get it done. I can't get that 2nd signature move for whatever reason. I have him beat every time but he always ends up hitting his running powerslam and pinning me before I can hit the 2nd signature elbow drop.
Fight him outside. Outside he wasted the power slam vs me. In the run I beat his ass once that was used. It is a bitch though waiting for the second elbow drop to charge up.

Oh I loved screwing Bret over though

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Love 6 man tags with Too Cool and Rikishi

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Picked up my Austin 3:16 Edition 2 days ago and have been playing it a fair bit. Up to the Mankind chapter in the Attitude Era mode. Quite far in. :p Having a lot of fun and the game can get really realistic. I've tried a lot of things like the omg moments but I still wanna nail one of those finisher counters when someone jumps from the top rope. :p Created a CAW but yet to go into Universe mode. I don't really get it anyway. I dunno. I couldn't get into it in the last games and found it pointless. A lot of new features and just the little things as well that I notice are awesome.

Anyone else think there's A LOT of reversals tho?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Picked up my Austin 3:16 Edition 2 days ago and have been playing it a fair bit. Up to the Mankind chapter in the Attitude Era mode. Quite far in. :p Having a lot of fun and the game can get really realistic. I've tried a lot of things like the omg moments but I still wanna nail one of those finisher counters when someone jumps from the top rope. :p Created a CAW but yet to go into Universe mode. I don't really get it anyway. I dunno. I couldn't get into it in the last games and found it pointless. A lot of new features and just the little things as well that I notice are awesome.

Yeah, that's always been the case on WWE games though imo.

Codebreaker looks awesome on this game. Probably my favourite looking finisher.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
universe I guess is pointless, but it at least has a little bit more going for it than exhibition. The entire point is that back when universe wasn't around I would do my storylines in exhibition and to have the ability to do the same thing where it gets statistics, multiple things, cards set up, and sometimes cutscenes is just a bonus for me.

Dod as far as what universe has, it now has Statistics for the titles and the universe including a title history for the brand you started. you can create a show on every day of the week and create a ppv on every sunday, You can also edit the ppv to have a specific type of ppv like say a Last Man standing ppv where the main event will be LSM.You can also select what types of storylines can be in the game like if you don't like your tag teams being broken up you can turn that off, if you hated injuries you can turn those off, if you don't want people to turn face or heel you can turn that off. etc. I like universe this year if only because all those little things that annoyed me from last year like free agents appearing in my universe was fixed with an inactive roster and all that.

I will say however that there is no goals or ratings to achieve, but I mean that's by design the whole point of universe is that there is no goal like in real life it's just wrestling show week after week with storlines. I mean irl you could say ratings still play a factor but this is kayfabe and in this world there is no ending to it and the only problem with no ending to it is there is no victory at the end of it.

it feels awesome when you pull it off, but it's actually a lot easier than I thought. maybe it was because I was looking for it at the time, if you want to pull it off the easier way is to have someone springboard I did it on Epico with Jericho and set him up on the top rope but he just stepped down. But when I threw him to the ring apron he'd jump up, it actually played into the match because the first time I missed it so he hit me with a move, the second time I caught him with the codebreaker.

I do notice a lot of reversals, but does anyone else notice a whole lot of one count kick outs? I mean I understand it and all but it seems they always kick out of my first finisher at one and that is kind of irritating to me.

Btw how many glitches have you guys run into, because I've run into quite a few.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I can not figure out how to find out if a wrestler is injured or not on universe mode. Its not on the news like it should be.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
quick question for anyone on PS3, how do i do the second finisher?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ok I’ve literally finished EVERYTHING in Attitude Era mode on WWE 13. Every chapter and unlockables for it (haven't unlocked stuff you have to do in universe tho.) Wat do now? Universe mode?

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Ok I’ve literally finished EVERYTHING in Attitude Era mode on WWE 13. Every chapter and unlockables for it (haven't unlocked stuff you have to do in universe tho.) Wat do now? Universe mode?
I did as well, except for the Chris Jericho one.
And it makes me mad that since im on xbox I don't have match highlights xP