Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
I really think I'm the only person that doesn't give a shit about Sandow. I really don't mind the roster at all. Honestly, I'll probably end up using the Attitude guys over the modern day guys anyway.

Don't use divas, so don't care for them

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
As someone who finds the attitude era seriously overrated, I am saddened by the emphasis put on this game towards that era. I'd much rather have the lower mid card guys on here than all of the attitude stars since I always use current rosters. Looks like I'll have to depend on community creations again if they can actually get it work halfway decently when it gets released.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I don't find it to be overrated since it was the era I grew up in and what made me fall in love with pro wrestling, I just think most people overlook the outlandish crap they pulled because of the awesomeness the era provided. You have to admit though, the stars of today (Cena, Orton, Punk Bryan) as much as I respect and like them don't hold a candle to the stars of that era (Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker). The game is just trying to bring back those older fans who lost interest long ago in hopes they might come back. Chances are, their kids are John Cena fans. Oh, the irony.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
More excited for Shane and Stephanie back in a game and playable tbh
Can't tell me you wouldn't mark out a lil bit seeing Triple H in the game come out to this
[video=youtube;PnQ8AlQLkQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQ8AlQLkQU&feature=related[/video]

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Only with the blue jean jacket and Stephanie by his side

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sandow or The Godfather, let me think?

Time to hop aboard the Ho Train! I would hope for the Dudley's, APA, and Too Cool tbh. Fuck the Midgard and nxt guys in this regard lol

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
People complain about the current roster in the current WWE games and how it's the same shit every year, bunch of guys they'd never use and now when they bring in old school awesome guys, people complain about that and want younger guys.

Yeah, everyone is gonna buy WWE '13 for guys like Sandow. I'm a fan of him but c'mon.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
X-Pac just confirmed on Twitter that he is definitely a part of this game.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Very pleased if Ken Shamrock and Vader are actually on that game. Even Mike Tyson seems like he would be fun to play as... even though he never wrestled. Dan Severn should be on the game too if Shamrock is. Steve Blackman, Godfather, and Hardcore Holly should also be on that roster if they are serious about being true to the Attitude era.

I wonder which version of Triple H it will be. Since the rest of DX is on the game, I'm guessing it will be the 97-98 version of Trips when he still wore full-length tights, probably not the Helmsley/McMahon era version.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be nice if they did alt versions of guys like HHH now, HHH in 2000 and HHH in 97-98.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Thing is, aside from his entrance music, Trips didn't look any different in 99 than he does now. Maybe just have different theme options. I'd be okay with that.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Don't forget the DLC I am sure they will probably include Ryback, Too Cool, Rikishi and I really hope they bring in the APA as Downloadable content hell even if they just bring in Simmons will be enough for me.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
the first indicator as far as the roster list that got "leaked" out Tyson Kidd isn't even in, people say that people are not going to buy the game for a Damien Sandow for a Tyson Kidd but that's the whole point it's a video game i want to take what they have now and mold it into what I'd like. Attitude era is all fine and good, but once I get a nostalgia match out of the roster I'll never end up using them again because the way I play the game is more of a realistic standpoint. but of course that's just me.

the question on whether I buy the game isn't really a question, I'm a wrestling fan to the degree where that's all I play. In face believe it or not while I'm typing this I have WWE 12 on pause about to play a survivor series match. So i'm buying it either way, just a matter of if I like it or not even if I'll be playing it year round.

here's some info from the ign article.

• You can do moves on the announcer table again
  • New "OMG" moves, a logo will show up on the wrestlers head when they are able to execute the move and apparantly in can change the complexion of the match or even end it. What was said is that they rang from Breaking the ring, driving opponents through the barrier, to catching a finisher mid air. Only some superstars can do theses location moves and it was confirmed that Punk, Henry, and Undertaker have their own OMG Finisher. I expect some more like a Randy orton mid air RKO but of course that's just my own speculation
  • You will be able to select the number of finishers available at the start of a match from 0 to infinite.
  • New setting called "Match Experience" with the settings: Quick, Normal, and Epic. This will affect the overall pacing of a match and be separate from the computer difficulty. It factions momentum, damage, enemy aggressiveness, and kick out/reversal rates. I like the way this sounds.
  • They really pushed their new Audio so...yeah...that's cool. I never liked the sound a kick made in the game lol
  • Improved the weight detection in the game.
  • Something I've been wanting, Pinning will not only be effected by damage but by the power of the last move you hit.
  • You can control non-Tagged partners.
  • Replays will be adjusted so they are more relevant
  • New Match types hyped

Attitude Era mode:
  • No more RTW, this is it's replacement. You'll go through storylines for eight of the most popular superstars of the Attitude Era, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the only one confirmed so far.
  • Matches will have main or side objectives which will be labeled on screen and easily accessible, once completed they will disappear.
  • Apparently If you choose to do all side objectives you'll unlock a bunch of bonus material.
  • Hidden Objectives are also in, which will be rewarded as well.
  • And, Hallelujah, Backstage sequenced have been mostly removed with the except of some matches that take place outside the ring.

The Four arenas confirmed so far are the Raw and Smackdown Arenas, Raw is War Arena, and Hell in the Cell 2011.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
WWE's over-usage of the term "OMG" is seriously starting to trouble me.

Cool that the replays are being retooled to more relevant parts of the match, but I have my doubts it will work properly. At least embarrassing moments like missing a running grapple or having a simple punch countered won't make the highlight reel because the wonky game detected them as "uncanny feats of wrestling".

"Match experience" sounds an awful lot like "Game Difficulty" to me lol

The weight detection should make heavy wrestlers stronger too. And I hope it does away with the likes of Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara being able to body slam Big Show and Mark Henry. That kind of shit really needs to be fixed in the worst way.

Glad to hear the Raw is War arena will be on the game.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i would mark if they added the early raw arena which was in the Grand Ballroom at Manhattan Center Studios.