Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
If Austin has his own storyline then the others in there will probably be the following:

Triple H
HBK
Bret Hart
Undertaker
Kane
Chris Jericho
The Rock

These guys were the most popular superstars of the attitude era so therefore these are the guys who should be in the storylines.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
people have been asking Cory questions, so heres some info gotten from his answers.

OMG Moments are also known as Environmental Finishers
The Superplex outside of the ring
Crowd Barrier Spear
Ring break Knock out
Announcer table finishers
Catching Finishers

all fall under this new feature.

When the Ring Collapses, the match ends in a KO, the person who hit the move wins the match. It takes 3 finishers to hit this move, but it doesn't take 3 for all the OMG moments. Also only Super Heavyweights can do the Ring collapse.

You can catch someone after a dive off the top rope or a springboard dive, the finishers now confirmed that are able to catch people are The Codebreaker, Chokeslam, Got To Sleep, and the World Strongest Slam. It only takes one finisher to hit the Codebreaker mid air, so we can assume the others do as well.

You can go on top of the Announcer table, that was confirmed specifically. Also confirmed, there is No fighting in the crowd. Speaking of which the breaking barrier moment can be hit on all barricades whether it be the barricade today or the old steel ones. When you hit the ring barrier break moment, the match continues it doesn't end there like when the ring breaks.

As some may have noticed, CM Punk has tattoos he can't have, they are look a likes for the actual tattoos.

When asked about slow motion replays of diving moves, Cory responded: "They are No Mercy style. Full speed w/ different angles" On the subject of replays, the replays will happen Mid-Match like in real life. When the replay occurs it will pause the action to show the replay that may be a Cool or Annoying idea so we'll have to wait to see how it is executed fully.

And lastly after someone said they should make the referees rush and slide, He stated "Ref slides in this year"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Refs slide? Fuck that, the refs should hop the wrestlers to get in position like Korderas used to.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I really hope the ring-breaking thing doesn't become an annoyance. I like the "spear through barriers" thing though and the "suplexes outside the ring".

You can catch someone after a dive off the top rope or a springboard dive, the finishers now confirmed that are able to catch people are The Codebreaker, Chokeslam, Got To Sleep, and the World Strongest Slam. It only takes one finisher to hit the Codebreaker mid air, so we can assume the others do as well.
THIS sounds fucking badass.
Refs slide? Fuck that, the refs should hop the wrestlers to get in position like Korderas used to.
What would be really cool is if another referee could run down to the ring to count a pinfall if the ref who starts the match gets knocked out bad enough. Seems like it would get spammed though... shit tons of dead referees laying in the ring... and I would totally do that too.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
There was some Q and A about the Ring Breaks, here it is.

Q: Are ring breaks in-game or just cut-scenes?

A: Ring breaks are in-game occurrences, NOT just cut-scenes! They're one of our new "Spectacular Moments," which also include blasting people through ring barriers and diving through commentary tables. That means that you can bust up the ring yourself in any kind of match...just as long as you meet the necessary requirements.

Q: Can any Superstar perform a ring break?

A: No. Only super-heavyweights have the heft, mass and sheer power required to demolish the squared circle - just like on WWE television. Right now, both Big Show and Mark Henry are confirmed as being capable of performing ring breaks, but as for other potential super-heavyweights...you'll just have to keep your eyes peeled for additional Roster Reveals.

Q: Can a super-heavyweight perform a ring break on anyone?

A: No, a super-heavyweight can only perform a ring break on another super-heavyweight. They might be able to do a top turnbuckle move to a smaller opponent, but only two super-heavyweights have the combined mass required to actually destroy the ring.

Q: Can created Superstars be set to perform ring breaks?

A: Sure! Just as long as you create them to be super-heavyweights.

Q: What about breaking through the ring barrier? Is that just for super-heavyweights?

A: Nope. Any Superstar has the potential to bust their opponent through the ring barriers, just as long as they respond quickly enough when that "OMG!" icon appears over their head.

Q: Will it be easy to perform a ring break?

A: Not unless you're really, really good - or your opponent is really, really bad. Ring breaks aren't an everyday occurrence on WWE television, and they won't be super common in WWE '13 either, as not only must both competitors be super-heavyweights and one of them respond to the "OMG!" icon but the Superstar hitting the superplex has to store up three finishers in order to even have the option.

Q: What happens after the ring breaks?

A: It won't be easy to use your opponent to break the ring in WWE '13, so it makes sense that there's a huge reward for actually doing it. If you manage to perform a ring break, it will knock out your opponent, giving you the instant win by KO.

Hopefully this has answered all of your burning ring break questions. If you have more, or just want to chat about the game, make sure to join us in the WWE Games forums. Then, for all the latest information on WWE '13 and other great releases, like us on Facebook and of course follow WWE Games on Twitter.

Viva La Revolution!
-THQAubrey"

Sounds good in theory, hope it is true that it isn't that easy to pull off because it would kind of lose it's touch seeing it more often. As far as referees go I've just wanted an ability to knock the ref out, I hate running towards him to knock him down for my heel antics and he swats me down to the floor.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here are some recent responses to questions about WWE '13 by Cory Ledesma whom is the Creative Director for WWE Games at THQ. He responded to these via twitter.

Q: when do we get to know different pre order bonus' waiting to find out before I preorder??

A: should be soon. I will let u know when i find out.

Q: Will WWE '13 feature Attitude PPVs?

A: wouldn't be much of an Attitude Era single player campaign without some.

Q: will Attitude Era mode have swearing, sexual innuendos and blood?

A: no comment...yet

Q: will #WWE13 be available on the PS vita?

A: as of now, no

Q: hey Cory, since WWE 13 wasn't shown at E3, will we see an extensive gameplay reveal soon? :) - oh and also, after the roster gets revealed at summerslam, will you be showing matches on YouTube like last year?

A: not sure yet. Marketing handles those plans. - I would assume so but no definite plans yet

Q: hi! In WWE 13 will we see some new tag and 3 man tag entrances as well as The Brood's entrance?

A: can't comment yet

Q: is this gonna be the last wwe game i hope not its rumors going around can u clear it up please

A: don't believe everything you hear

Not much interesting news but still some that people may want to read. Good to see the Attitude Era feature/game mode will have a fair few attitude era PPVs. And very interesting response about the swearing and such. Blood is probably a yes anyway like the past games that have had them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I hope Gangrel and the Brood entrance is in solely for the theme music.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If Gangrel is in the game and the Brood entrance isn't, it would be a colossal load of fail.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The first week of pre-orders for the WWE '13 video game were up 250% from the first week of pre-orders for the WWE '12 game last year.

Good improvement for them and hopefully the sales keep improving every year so they can improve the next game after it. More sales/money = more resources they can work with.

Cory Ledesma confirmed via twitter that Chris Jericho's finisher, the liontamer will be in the game and it will be the proper version of the finisher.

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma: It's nice to finally have a proper liontamer in the game.

And he also addressed WWE '13 rumors.

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma: I've seen plenty of rumors about WWE '13 and the majority of them are flat out wrong. Wait until u hear from us before trolling. #justsayin

And a fan responded with:

I'm Eric ‏@TubbyEmu: Regardless if the rumors are fake, it's generating buzz for the game.. Any press (most times) is good press, correct?

In which he replied:

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma: not complaining about press or the passion. just people freaking out about unconfirmed rumors.

Sweet. The lion tamer is a sick submission.

And also, here are some more recent responses to recent questions he was asked via twitter:

Q: I hear a rumor that there's going to be two of the same wrestlers for a majority of the roster, that true?

A: cant talk about roster yet

Q: (continued) Yea I know, follow every year, but when will we get more news on the game?

A: they wont even let me tell you guys that...lame, huh?

Q: (continued) shenanigans, ah well already bought the game anyways, just gotta play the waiting game til October

A: i hear ya. i dont make those decisions. im playing the waiting game as well. seeing rumors that i cant squash.

Q: I wanna know if #WWE13 might have Title histories, Rumble facts, like most eliminated, shortest/longest title reign, etc.

A: can't say yet

Just the same responses tbh.

He also teased that there will possibly be more information released for WWE '13 around the SummerSlam period.

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma: Last year #SummerSlam was a big event for us on #WWE12. Had the roster reveal + deeper feature reveal. Wonder whats in store for #WWE13...

Sweet so more info at around SS then.

p.s: sorry for all the different quotes, I didn't know how it'd look joining all random info together into the one quote.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
One thing I am definitely hoping for... is that they upgrade the Austin character with the double knee brace instead of always the single knee brace. I mean yeah it isn't gonna enhance things at all... but its irritating when you know that he wrestled with the double knee brace for so long and yet every character model comes out with the single.

Also... we NEED a Hollywood version of The Rock.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Pre-order WWE '13 and you'll get to play as the baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson. Iron Mike is a pre-order bonus at all retailers, publisher THQ has confirmed to Eurogamer. Tyson made several appearances during the sports' Attitude Era, a time period highlighted in this year's game tie-in.

"The baddest man on the planet is back - and only in WWE '13," Tyson growled. "Fans everywhere can now relive what I experienced during the 'Attitude Era.'"

[video=youtube;AXmyqxuaGtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmyqxuaGtE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
THQ has issued the following press release, officially announcing Mike Tyson as a playable character in the game:

The 'Baddest Man On The Planet' Returns
Mike Tyson Returns To The Ring

The campaign premise of “Live the Revolution” continues, as THQ today announced the return of the incomparable Mike Tyson to the ring – virtually – in WWE® ’13, the revolutionary next installment in the WWE flagship videogame franchise. Often touted as the “baddest man on the planet,” the boxing legend and former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world will be available as an exclusive playable character for consumers who pre-order the videogame at any participating retailer in the UK for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system (while supplies last).

Tyson made headlines with WWE (NYSE: WWE) in early 1998 as part of the company’s groundbreaking “Attitude Era," a time period prominently featured in WWE ’13 through a brand new single-player campaign. He is best remembered for his appearances leading up to and at WrestleMania® XIV, where he was recruited by D-Generation X (DX) to serve as a ringside enforcer during the main event match between DX member Shawn Michaels® and Stone Cold Steve Austin® for the WWE Championship. Tyson, sporting a sleeveless DX t-shirt and black jeans – the same look as his playable character in WWE ’13 – interfered in the match, allowing Austin to secure the victory and ultimately abandoning his presumed alliance with the renegade faction. Tyson returned to WWE on January 11, 2010 as a guest host on Monday Night Raw® and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 2, 2012.

“As one of the most dominant champions in boxing history and one of the most memorable guests to ever be featured on WWE programming, Mike Tyson led an incredible revolution that changed the way fans perceive the sport,” said Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President, Global Brand Management, THQ. “He was a tremendous addition to the ‘Attitude Era’ and is certain to attract a wide variety of fans to ‘live the revolution’ offered in WWE ’13.”

“The baddest man on the planet is back – and only in WWE ’13,” said Mike Tyson. “Fans everywhere can now relive what I experienced during the ‘Attitude Era.’”

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;x05dE5Irirc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x05dE5Irirc&feature=g-u-u[/video]

They included my favorite Austin T-Shirt in the game, looks like i will be picking up this game now. 8D

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Looks pretty cool. The in-game content looks decent, the hand signed photo I definitely want and the cover is pretty sweet. Although I really dig the Punk cover.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I imagine the Austin edition will cost more. I think I'll be sticking to the CM Punk version. Don't need that special stuff honestly.