Official "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

thedeadite

Reaction score
My predictions:
Forrest over Evans
I think it will go to a decision and again Forrest will take it. I will admit though, Evans has a good chance of knocking him out before that.

Nog over Mir
Mir is great, but Nog is Nog. I'm calling sub in 2nd round.
Also, I'm really impressed with Brock's mma skills but don't see him getting past Nog. If Mir upsets Nog then I would pick Brock over Mir though.

Wand over Rampage
Death by knees in the 3rd.
Rampage may lose this match before it even starts if he thinks too much about their last encounters. Either way these 2 put on some of the best fights I've seen so I'm looking forward to this match more than any other on the card. (plus Wandy is my favourite fighter).

xtremebadass

Personally, the only match that matters is Forrest vs. Evans. I mean come on, one beat Rampage and the other beat Liddell, it's a coin flip situation.

Reasons why the other two matches don't matter...

Rampage vs. Wandy-I don't know if people gave up on Rampage yet, but after this loss of confidence in Rampage due to the situation, even more people will be giving up on him.

Nog vs. Mir-Come on, the winner will just be eaten by Lesnar when it is all said and done.

McLovin

Reaction score
Unless it's Nog. He's one of the Top 3 Heavyweights in the world. Lesnar I'm afraid may have a big problem.

thedeadite

Reaction score
I can't see Brock getting by Nog.
Unless Brock has kicked his BJJ game into really high gear, Brock will have trouble when the fight gets to the ground.
I'm not saying that Brock doesn't have a chance, because his power and wrestling skill is unquestionable. It's his sub defense that is still somewhat suspect, and Nog is a master.

czwrestler

Reaction score
this is going to a wicked freaking show
My predictions stands as follows.

Silva vs Liddell
both stars got a hell of a lot of power but Liddell is a little too unpredictable

Mir over Nog
haven't seen much of Nogiera so i went with who i do know

Forest over Evans
Forest is always a force to reckon with. Never thought him to be a great fighter from looks but he sure as hell can back it up. Evans i never thought much of right until he Ko'd Liddell, never saw that coming

J

Damn this PPV looks good. My friends and I are making sure to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to get seats way early cuase we sure as hell don't want to miss this. Plus when we showed up for 91 the place was arleady packed. But Lesnars not fighting so who knows if there will be as many people.

Nation

Sylvia is a no match to Lesnar.
He is just a tall dude with no talent whatsoever.

Gonzaga is a bigger threat to Lesnar than Mir or even Nog.

Also, when was MS into MMA? :play_ball:

You are aware that from 2003-2007 Sylvia was one of the top heavyweights and probably the top one in the UFC. So i guess he has some talent. Sorry i just hate it when people haven't actually studied the fighter and judge him. Truth is Sylvia would probably murder Lesnar. He's his size and he can fucking brawl.

xtremebadass

Although Sylvia was dominant in his run in the UFC, the HW Division wasn't much to brag about. His matches with Arlovski weren't bad though. Still, me personally, I think Lesnar would bulldoze Sylvia.

Wordlife

theres no way Sylvia could beat Lesnar, especially how well he's fighting right now, he's a HUGE unstoppable force in UFC