Official "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

You are aware that from 2003-2007 Sylvia was one of the top heavyweights and probably the top one in the UFC. So i guess he has some talent. Sorry i just hate it when people haven't actually studied the fighter and judge him. Truth is Sylvia would probably murder Lesnar. He's his size and he can fucking brawl.
I know alot about Sylvia, but his recent run was awful.
He is not a wrestler, he just uses his size (height only) no power or anything, so its leverage base only.

Lesnar is younger, heavier, more powerful, pure wrestler and is improving with every bout. Whilst Sylvia is actually "degrading" and its a fact. Check his latest TV fight was against Fedor and he lost too easily in just few seconds.

Nation

But that's Fedor lol. Most all heavweights would lose in the first round to him. Sylvia would easily out brawl Lesnar.

MTG

Reaction score
I seriously doubt silvia could last more than 3 rounds with lesnar. Sylvias wayy past his prime, i'm not gonna deny that he was great but that was a couple years ago.

xtremebadass

I don't know about any of you guys, but I am glad to see CB Dolloway fighting at UFC 92 in a televised upper card match. I am lol'n right now because CB is getting more airtime than Amir, the guy who won CB's season of TUF. CB was always the more superior fighter and I am glad to see CB making a bigger name for himself than Amir.

MTG

Reaction score
I don't know about any of you guys, but I am glad to see CB Dolloway fighting at UFC 92 in a televised upper card match. I am lol'n right now because CB is getting more airtime than Amir, the guy who won CB's season of TUF. CB was always the more superior fighter and I am glad to see CB making a bigger name for himself than Amir.

Amir was supposed to fight at UFC 91 on the actual card (not prelims) but he got injured. Amir a great fighter i really like him.

Btw do you guys remember CB'S peruvian knectie on jesse taylor. OMG it was fucking nice

xtremebadass

CB knectie on JT Money was one of the most beautifully executed submissions I have ever seen. I hope he whips that out on his opponents more often. Plus he has a massive confidence booster with his buddy Bader winning TUF last week. I can't wait to see CB back in the octogon.

*6,000 POSTS BITCHES, right in the MMA Section*

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
The undercard is alright here. The main event's is where the money is at without a doubt.

Antonio Noguierra vs. Frank 'pussy' Mir:
Honestly, I think this isn't as big as Griffin/Evans as the Interim title is just not all that big anymore. It lost its prestige, and now its the heavyweight championship which is around Mr. Lesnar's waist where the buzz is at. I think Nog is taking this home, as Mir does have a boxing edge to, but thats it. His ground work is alright, but nothing compared to Nog's. Nog has some boxing as well, so he doesn't have to rush for the take down, and submission. He can toy a bit with his boxing ability's before dropping Mir, and subbing him out. I hate Mir, and he is the Triple H of UFC. Overrated completly. Wait, does Dana White have any daughters?

Forest 'Badass' Griffin vs. 'Sugar' Rashad Evans:
This fight is going to be amazing hands down. Both of these two have the drive, and charisma. They are both young, and have boxing technique. Evans is better than Griffin I'll say that, but Griffin has better jujitso, and ground working. Griffin can do some ground, and pound, but I pray he doesn't risk it, as a simple miscalculation can have Evans pounding Griffins teeth down his throat. I think Evans is going to win it, sure Griffin has the reach, height, size, and experience advantage, but Evans is just on a roll of momentum. I don't think he's stopping. Hell, he's to hungry to stop. Evans is the new Light Heavyweight Champion.

Quinton 'Rampage' Motherfucking Jackson vs. Wande Silva:
I think we have all forgoten these two brawled before. Can't remember when, but they did, and Silva won. Rampage has had much more stuff going on though, and I think he will pound Silva. I do see this going to the split decision though, as I think Silva can manage the three rounds.

thedeadite

Reaction score
Just saying Silva won their last 2 fights is an understatement.
Rampage got KOd both times due to vicious knees.
Both fights are classic though and it should be interesting to see how they work with each other now that Rampage has improved.

I suggest if you havn't seen either of their previous encounters you do so now, both were on youtube or dailymotion last time I checked.

xtremebadass

In a nut shell, here are the results...

EVANS is the UNDISPUTED and UNDEFEATED UFC LHW CHAMP.

Frank Mir won a ONE SIDED FIGHT defeated Nogueira TKO in the 2nd.

RAMPAGE knocked Wandy's ASS OUT!

CB, Kongo, and Hamill also had great showings winning their fights.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I think Lesnar's going to be the first Undisputed Heavyweight champion :cry2:.

Mir sucks, and he's going to get owned by Lesnar. I think I'm going to cut myself.

MMA is dead if Lesnar wins the Undisputed Championship. Anyways, the ppv was good though. I didn't like the outcomes, but whatever. All my favorites except Rampage lost.

McLovin

Reaction score
Fuck you Steve Mazagatti!

I stayed up all night till 3am to watch this and was bitterly disappointed. All 3 of my favourites lost.

Silva looks like he's been poked with an ugly stick his whole life.

What the hell happened to Nog? He just stood there like a heap of shit. The fight was FIXED. If Cro Cop, Fedor and other top Heavyweights can not knock him down, how did Frank Mir?

And Griffin god damn it wasn't tapping you dumbass. Fuck you Evans you sound like a girl, someone beat him as soon as possible, knock that girly smile off his face.

/rant

Conc3pt

Reaction score
What the hell happened to Nog? He just stood there like a heap of shit. The fight was FIXED. If Cro Cop, Fedor and other top Heavyweights can not knock him down, how did Frank Mir?
/rant

oh please

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Nogueira didn't do anything! I couldn't of been more dissapointed.

Until I saw my boy Rashad win. Love Forest but I just saw him as a one and done champion.

xtremebadass

I agree Nino. I never under estimate Rashad, I was pulling for him against Liddell and I pulled for him last night and he never dissappoints. He is the undefeated Champ, now if that's not marketable I don't know what is.

Nogueira on the other hand was a major disappointment for sure. He was throwing anything, plus he didn't even put any effort into the few takedown attempts he had. It was a very poor showing by Nog.

Mir looked flawless though, it might have been the lack of Nog offense, but Mir looked awesome in this fight. His boxing was dead on and had great movement. It will be a pleasure to see this Undisputed Rematch.

Forrest...ugh...I don't say one hit wonders alot in MMA but those little kicks are only going to get you so far.