Official "UFC 101: Declaration" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Are you high? Hendo has never been knocked out in his life.

Wrestling Station

Silva gained some of his fans back after this fight as the previous two fights he had so many critisized him for the performance (due to his opponents running away from him lol)..

Christian

Reaction score
Its funny, people actually gave Forrest's style a chance against Silva's. Same goes for Kenflo against Penn. Silva will never fight Machida, period. There BEST friends and vowed they wouldn't fight. Dana has said he would honor that. The main problem for GSP is how elusive Silva is, It would be hard for GSP to set up a take down. I see Silva TKOing Hendo, GSP and than defending his title one last time against either Rich Franklin *sigh or Bisping. Than calling it quits.

1. Hendo will not get knocked out.
2. Even if GSP did take him down, bad idea.
3. Rich Franklin does not want to fight Anderson again and get his nose broken... again.
4. BISPING... LOL.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I tried thinking of opponents left for Silva, but honestly who is left. I can easily see Silva knocking out Hendo, Hendo is sloppy as fuck in his striking, and if Anderson lands those perfect punches like he did on Forrest its done.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I see about 3-4 fights left for Silva.

Henderson
Yushin Okami
Wanderlai
and GSP.

5 if he wants to jump two weight classes and face off against Lesnar lol.

xtremebadass

True, there is not very many opponents for Anderson Silva.

1. Dan Henderson (sure Hendo earned his way up to another title shot, but there is no chance he will ever beat Silva)
2. Michael Bisping (NO!)
3. Patrick Cote (He does deserve another shot, he was really pushing Silva into the later rounds, sucks his fight ended the way it did)

Light Heavyweight fights, if they waste some of his time with some more tune up fights, maybe by that time Machida won't have the belt, I doubt it, but they claim Machida and Silva won't fight.

1. Rampage Jackson (Holy shit!)
2. Rashad Evans (probably more of a fight than a fight with Rampage, Rampage vs. Silva would too be a BIG MONEY fight)
3. Rich Franklin (what so Silva could squash him a third time?)
4. Wanderlei Silva (this is a money fight, good promotion, but there is just no question who would win this one)
5. Tito Ortiz (money fight, no chance Tito would win though)

Wrestling Station

Rampage wont do a shit against Silva.

As I said before, the only guy who can actually have a significant matchup with Silva is; Machida (eventhough they wont accept fighting each other).

A fantasy fight would be if he faces Lesnar for a non weight class fight just for the show. Lesnar would win it (not because he is better, is just the strength and size difference is rediculously large between them). Also that would piss all the MMA fans that an ex-prowrestler beated another legend and a dominant force in MMA world lol.

xtremebadass

NoDQ.com

This is during the post fight press conference.

A reporter brought up possibly putting together Anderson Silva vs. Lyoto Machida at 205 lbs., considering Silva's dominance over a recent 205 lb. champ in Griffin earlier in the night. Anderson Silva tried keeping the mood positive in the room, but made it pretty clear he would not be fighting his friend and training partner Machida. Dana White took the microphone immediately after, claiming he would find a way to put that fight together if things keep going the way they have been.

I said it before, Dana White doesn't give a shit if you're friends. He finally got Chuck and Tito to fight and that was practically the same situation. Dana wants a fight and he's going to get it.

xtremebadass

Hendo has decent striking, not the best, but you don't necessarily need good striking to never be knocked out, you could just have a good chin.

Wordlife

^exactly... it takes a man to throw a punch or kick... but can you recieve a punch or kick any better? You're more prone to going down then you are knocking someone ELSE down

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
My point was Hendo isn't fast enough to hang with Silva standing up, and if he trys to throw that overhand right chances are silva dodges it and tags him in the face. Hendo is not in any way a technical striker, just a damn good wrestler.