Official "UFC 101: Declaration" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
OFFICIAL POSTER

Ufc101poster.jpg

UFC 101: Declaration is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on August 8, 2009 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

OFFICIAL FIGHT CARD

Fight Card for Main UFC 101 Fights:
•B.J. Penn (c) (13-5-1) vs Kenny Florian (13-3) - UFC Lightweight Championship bout
•Anderson "The Spider" Silva (24-4) vs Forrest Griffin (16-5) - 205 lbs.
•Amir Sadollah (2-0) vs Johny Hendricks (5-0)
•Ricardo Almeida (10-3) vs Kendall Grove (12-5)
•Kurt Pellegrino (13-4) vs Josh Neer (25-7-1)

Fight Card for Preliminary UFC 101 Fights:
•Shane Nelson vs Aaron Riley
•Tamdan McCrory vs John Howard
•Thales Leites vs Alessio Sakara
•Matt Riddle vs Dan Cramer
•George Sotiropoulos vs Rob Emerson
•Jesse Lennox vs Danillo Villefort

Fight Card Courtesy of pro-fightingfans.com

PROMO VIDEO:

[yt]VmCr-Q3Rzh0[/yt]

XBA is gonna hate the shit of out this PPV card, you got my boy Ken-Flo, Amir Sadollah, and BJ Penn all in the same PPV. :laugh:

Thoughts?​

Switchy

Reaction score
This card is soooo awesome just because of the final two matches. I got two of my favourite fighters going up against each other in Silva Vs Griffin and then I got 2 fighters who I don't really like but respect their abilities and think it'll be an awesome match in Penn and Florian.

As for the other 3 fights on the card, I can't say I really care about any of the guys but I do think this may be a chance for a couple of them to prove themselves on the main card. And ROFL at Leites going from Main Event against Silva to the prelims in like the space of 4 months.

xtremebadass

XBA is gonna hate the shit of out this PPV card, you got my boy Ken-Flo, Amir Sadollah, and BJ Penn all in the same PPV. :laugh:

Thoughts?

You got that right. The only things keeping me hooked on this PPV are Forrest vs. Silva and Rob Emerson is fighting. The entire undercard should be televised instead of having Amir Sadollah's dumbass on the main card. That's BULLSHIT!

xtremebadass

This will be the very first guy that I think can beat Anderson Silva. I always bet on Silva to win every single one of his UFC fights up until now, I never EVER count out Forrest Griffin. The dude beat Shogu Rua and Rampage Jackson in two fights that he wasn't supposed to win. This guy has the heart and determination, but on the other side of the coin Forrest Griffin has never fought a fighter like Anderson Silva.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Silva will destroy Griffin. How anyone even gives Forrest Griffin any chance in this fight is beyond me. The ONLY guy in UFC that I think can compete with Silva is maybe GSP. Its pretty much Silva>GSP>UFC from a talent aspect. Silva is way to brilliant of a striker for Forrest to handle. And Forrest Griffin Ju Jitsu is in no where near the level of Anderson Silva Ju Jitsu.

Early Predictions for matches I care about

Silva over Griffin 2nd round TKO

Penn over Florian 3rd round TKO

Christian

Reaction score
bj penn
anderson silva

should be nice but not looking forward to it as much as I was UFC100

Reaction score
I'm going with my boy Kenny Florian! I am not picking against Forrest Griffin though, I picked him against Shogun & even Rampage but I wouldn't dare pick him over A. Silva. Silva is obviously the favourite but I don't count Forrest out, if he can you know frustrate Anderson somehow and catch him with a flurry maybe we'll see a legend made that night, I bet Anderson is working on leg kicks and cardio about now.

Reaction score
I haven't always liked Florian, when he was inexperienced and he won by cutting a guy and celebrated like he won the Championship he annoyed me and his nickname well it could go, Florian also has matured A LOT since then Kenny is very humble and a very smart fighter.

Here is another reason why I like Kenny -

"I want B.J.'s belt. B.J., you're one of the best fighters out there. I'm here to test myself. I think you're a great fighter, someone I look up to. I consider you a master. It's time to kill that master." that is Bad Ass right there!

xtremebadass

I can't believe I am looking for a Florian win here. For the record, BJ Penn is the only guy that I would want to lose to Kenny Florian. Other than that, Florian doesn't deserve anything. He sucks a huge amount of ass.

Wordlife

they both suck ass! I got Florian, Silva, Hendricks, Grove, and Neer...

By the way, is it me, or does this entire card suck fucking nuts? Cause I think it's not just me. This card is terrible, a terrible follow-up to a great UFC 100 if ya ask me!

Thales Leites vs Alessio Sakara SHOULD BE TELEVISED!