Official TWC Avatar Contribution Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

I have been thinking about Orton's role at WM and it all became obvious to me. Its pretty clear at this time that Orton will be in the MITB match.

Now remember when Edge was telling Orton about the significance of MITB and how the winner can cash it in at anytime, even right after the mainevent? Then as Edge walked away Orton did his "i'm thinking hard" pose.

Well I think that was just foreshadowing waht will happen at Mania. Of all the people who will most likely be in MITB, Orton is the most obvious choice to come out the winner. He needs it the most out of anyone. I think he will screw over Edge to win the briefcase, then turn around and cash it in against Cena after his match with HBK, only to get screwed by Edge. This basically sets up Orton vs Edge at backlash for the number one contender spot.

What do you think?

This Guy

I was thinking a simalar route, I'm pretty confident Orton was going to be in MITB once I knew Edge was in it. I just want them to strech it out. I don't want to see Orton vs. Edge happen so quickly. There first encounter in a one on one match should be held off till Summer Slam I think.

Montana

I dont know, I could see Edge winning and going on to beat Taker. That would finally put edge over the top, as the top heel in the business .
(what the business needs) And a Major shakeup with perhaps a draft.

Personally i think the wwe havin the winner cash it in that night would be insane, and i dont think they have the balls to do it.
==============================================

I hate to say it but the wwe has f'd up big time on this card. Spoilers coming. Mainly Umaga vs Lashley.

1) This is a important matchup. I mean its the 3rd highest match on the card. Champ vs Champ, and its Umaga vs Lashley. I KNOW vince could have done better.

2) No planning what so ever. Idk what the problem is, buti could have thought of 30 different better matchups. I understand the match was meant for hogan, but come on. Trump picks lashley. Does trump even know who lashley is? He should have picked a vetern. Lashley and Umaga have no fued, or anything. Not even on the same brand. I mean like the concept of immoveable force vs the anadiment object buildup they will use, its just too scraped together for my taste. I like the hair stip. And whys austin in the one. Come on, i dont wanna see him ref anymore. Just have him guest commentary or something.

3) Brand new to mania. Lashleys 2nd, and umaga, as umagas first. WM is about history and traditon.

4) Guys like Edge/Orton/Beniot/Kane/ Kennedy/CM/Carlito have no direction currently. But we focus on Lashley and umaga????

5) Kane vs Khali. Thats bull****. I mean no one wants khali around. There isnt even any good faces for him to wrestle bc hte wwe does what they want and they cant makea good face to save thier lives. Example Cena/Batista/REY/RVD. IF theres no room for khali, keep him off the card.

=========================================================
I know vince works hard, and wants to do whats right for the business, but hes too dominate right now. Too many guys in the doghouse. Too much HHH, Cena, Batista.

Im looking at the wm card, and im scratchin my head. I know vince can do better. If this wrestlemania doesnt deliever the wwe could lose a large majority of fans

ChiWa

Reaction score
Great ideas, I see Orton winning MITB. And it seems to me they always have a brand shake-up after Mania even without a draft. They can send Edge to Smackdown to have his turn with the Undertaker, and have Orton fued with Cena (crap that means HBK loses). Or maybe Orton cashes against HBK, and then Cena. Anyway they can save Orton/Edge for later.

Montana

Heres the realistic card for mania (brace yourselves)

Title vs. Streak - Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWE Title - John Cena (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

Umaga (w/Vince Mcmahon) vs. Bobby Lashley w/Donald Trump) Special Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Randy Orton vs. Kenny Dykstra

Carlito vs. Ric Flair

Kane vs. The Great Khali

US Title - Chris Benoit vs. MVP

Crusiwerweight Title - Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. Gregory Helms

Womens Title - Melina (c) vs. Ashley

MNM vs. The Hardys (Street Fight)

Nu Breed vs Originals
======================================================

Can it get much worse? Other than the 2 main events and MITB, the card sucks. I posted the rest of my opinion 2 post back.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
well heres my card................

1.Hell In A Cell match:World Heavyweight Championship vs 14-0
Batista(World Champion) vs The Undertaker(14-0)
Note:I know theres a small chance of this happening but in the newest issue of WWE magazine, Batista states that he would love to fight The Undertaker at wrestlemania in a hell in a cell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.WWE Championship match
John Cena(WWE Champon) vs Shawn Micheals
Note:I hate how WWE is building the match so far,But I'm pretty sure they'll drop the Tag Team belts either tonight against Rated RKO or sometime soon so that should get things rolling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.Battle of the Billionaires Hair match:Special Ref:Stone Cold Steve Austin
Bobby Lashley(ECW Champion,and Trump's guy) vs Umaga(IC Champion,Vince's guy)
Note:I really don't have a problem with Umaga in this match cause I actually like him and he is pretty good in the ring(which alot of people don't give him credit for)Lashley still has to work some kinks out,To me he just looks shaky in the ring and I'm sure he'll botch atleast 2 moves in this match.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.Money In The Bank Ladder match
Edge(raw) vs Randy Orton(raw) vs Mr. Kennedy(smackdown) vs King Booker(smackdown) vs CM Punk(ecw) vs ?
Note:I'm still not sure who the second ECW guy in the match will be so thats why I had a ? there.IMO this will be the match of the night hands down also I expect Edge and Orton to fully turn on each other setting up a match at Backlash.Kennedy will win
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.Wemon's Championship match
Melina(Wemon's Champion) vs Ashley
Note:Short and sweet Melina will win
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.TLC match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Paul London & Brian Kendrick(Tag Team Champions)vs MNM vs The Hardy Boyz
Note:I would love to see this happen at WM but I just don't see two Ladder type matches taken place but who knows right?after all it is Wrestlemania why not go over the top?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.United States Championship
Chris Benoit(U.S. Champion) vs MVP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8.CruiserWeight Championship
Chavo Guerrero(CW Champion) vs Rey Mysterio
Note:Rey wins,kinda werid to go from World Champion back to the CW division
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
atleast 2 more matches will be added but above is all I got,I agree with Montana how could this get any worse?I pray that the card turns out better but I'am not sure it will.

Montana

And i doubt Wrestlemania will feature A Hell in a Cell, and 2 ladder matches. So thats almost best case scenario.

The Hell in a Cell, would be a nice touch to add, although perhaps the rematch between Batista and Taker will be HIAC.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
And i doubt Wrestlemania will feature A Hell in a Cell, and 2 ladder matches. So thats almost best case scenario.

The Hell in a Cell, would be a nice touch to add, although perhaps the rematch between Batista and Taker will be HIAC.

nobody thought they would put HIAC and a TLC match in the same ppv either.

Fact of the matter is WWE are desperately trying anything to bring in huge ratings and buyrates.

I'm not saying that it will happen, but I won't be surprised if they go all out on the gimmick matches this year.

Montana

I dont know, I could see Edge winning and going on to beat Taker. That would finally put edge over the top, as the top heel in the business .
(what the business needs) And a Major shakeup with perhaps a draft.

Personally i think the wwe havin the winner cash it in that night would be insane, and i dont think they have the balls to do it.
==============================================

Edge is on the cover of the backlash PPV Poster. Perhaps he goes after cena/hbk? This has gotten me interested.

ChiWa

Reaction score
I thought MITB was a chance for a mid-card guy to rise up. This year seems to have way too many former champs looking for another run. I hope Punk wins, but there are going to be to many bigger names in the match this year.

Reaction score
Actually, if you look at the past two winners, they weren't really mid card guys that won MITB. Edge and RVD were both pretty established, they just need that one extra push to get them over the top. Guys like Nitro, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Dykstra, Carlito, those guys aren't even close yet to World Champion status, that's why WWE is putting so many big name veterans in this matchup. That, and, quite frankily, they don't have anything else for them. I agree with most of the card that Montana posted. Just a few minor tweaks.

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Shawn Michaels
opinion: HBK wins this one and will probably feud with Orton shortly after, as it's been a year since Orton's been in the title picture, and Raw is in desperate need of something new.

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker
opinion: This will definitely NOT be a HIAC match. WWE doesn't like making any gimmick bigger than the Main Event itself. If anything these two will fight inside a HIAC at Judgment Day. But it won't be for the WHC. Taker will win, but right after he does Edge will come out declaring that he's cashing in the MITB. WM's longest streak vs. it's second longest. Edge wins and wins the WHC......which I hate cause that probably means a move to Smackdown unless HBK or Cena join forces with Teddy Long.

MITB Ladder Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. CM Punk vs. Booker T vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito
opinion: I know everyone thinks it'll be Carlito vs. Ric Flair, but I think these two will face off in a qualifying match with Carlito going over. Edge wins this when he turns on Orton who is about to win, keeping Edge's winning streak intact. Thus setting up a feud possibly down the road.

Battle of the Billionaires
Umaga w/Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley w/Donald Trump and Stone Cold as special guest referee
opinion: I never thought I'd actually rather see Hogan than someone else. This match makes absolutely no sense at all, and just proves that there is absolutely no one on ECW at this point that can challenge Lashley realisticly. I think Umaga will dominate the majority of this match, and Lashley will mount a huge comeback until McMahon and Estrada interfere and it looks like Lashley will lose. Then, of course, Stone Cold will probably stun the hell outta Umaga enabling Lashley to win. However it happens Umaga is definitely losing this match.

Women's Championship Match
Melina (c) vs. Ashley
opinion: Melina wins, it'd be plain stupid to have Ashley win. Either way it's Blue to have the only women's competitor besides Victoria (Mickie James) not in the title picture and probably not in the show at all at Wrestlemania. But I'm done trying to figure out where they're going with everything this year.

Tag Team Title Unification 4-Way Match
The Hardys (c) vs. MNM vs. London and Kendrick (c) vs. WGTT
opinion: Has anyone not seen this coming for months they way they've been booking the tag team division? It's like it doesn't matter what brand you represent anymore. And Hardy dropping the IC belt to Umaga makes it that more obvious. I think Rated RKO beats HBK and Cena on Raw Monday and is later defeated by the Hardys. I think Matt and Jeff will probably walk away from this match with the unified titles, but I wouldn't be surprised if MNM did either.

Kane vs. The Great Khali
opinion: Fantastic! Just want everyone wants to see, right? LOL! This match will suck horribly and everyone knows Khali is going over. Poor Kane.

The New Breed (Burke, Striker, Thorn, and CorVon) vs. The Originals (RVD, Sandman, Dreamer, and Sabu)
opinion: Obviously this is going to be some sort of hardcore or extreme rules match. Should be fairly entertaining I think. I could really see the originals winning this one as one last hoorah before they're all shipped out, but it would make more sense to REALLY get the New Breed over in this one.

United States Championship Match
Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP
opinion: Probably be one of the more underrated matches of the night. Benoit can usually get a good match out of anyone, and MVP has vastly improved since his debut at No Mercy. With Benoit's history of putting people over and another long US title reign already under his belt, don't be surprised to see MVP winning his first WWE gold come Wrestlemania.

Finaly w/Little Bastard vs. The Boogeyman w/Little Boogeyman
opinion: Yes, unfortunately I think this feud will run through Wrestlemania. There's nothing else at this point for either superstar, and they will more than likely not be left off the card.

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra
opinion: I think this might finally be the culmination of this rivalry. Maybe Dykstra screw Flair in his MITB qualifying match with Carlito, and then Flair does the same to Dykstra? Either way Dykstra is going over in this one. Flair has been pretty good recently about getting over the younger talent. Especially the ones that show good work ethic.

Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. Gregory Helms vs. Rey Mysterio
opinion: Rey will definitely be back come Wrestlemania, regardless of what Umaga did to him on Smackdown. That will just help build up the shock factor a bit when he finally does return, or else they wouldn't have had him do that interview just a month prior to the "grand-daddy of the all". Rey wins, hands-down. Should be a very good match, as Rey once again establishes himself as the top cruiserweight. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Vickie Guerrero in Rey's corner after she said she was looking for a "better investment". But god I hope they drop the Eddie angle from this storyline all together.

I'm not really sure if there will be anything else on the card. Perhaps Chris Masters vs. Super Crazy just so they're both involved. I don't think it will be that bad of a Wrestlemania. It's absolutely LOADED at the top of the card, and yes I know it dwindles substantially after that. But there are several matches that have the possibility of being highly entertaining. I know some of the matches I've suggested probably won't happen. But when I take a step back and look at what they're doing, most of those seem like the only logical choices. Let me know what you think.

Montana

good to hear from you rated r

I agree with everything you said except i think Kane is going over Khali. Khali is gotta go away soon. Theres no one for him to fight, thus jumping brands every 2 months. Plus this win would get kane back in the title picture for SD.
Also i doubt the wwe is smart enough to unify the tag belts, i could be wrong but i've been saying that for 2 years strong.

On the whole Flair/Kenny/Carlito angle. I really got the feeling Flair si going to be screwing someone hard and turn heel. I got the feeling he's goin to double cross carlito for kenny. Flair will end up stealing for torrie too.

Also didnt i say trump wouldnt even know who lashley is, well heres the proof

Donald Trump appeared on the Imus in the Morning program on WFAN in New York and MSNBC. He promoted his WrestleMania match with Vince McMahon, calling Vince "a great guy." He said WM is totally sold out and that 100,000 people will be in attendance. When the host asked him who his wrestler was, he told him it was a guy named "Lindsay" in reference to Lashley. Also, it took a few moments to think of him before "Lindsay" came out. The host tried to get Trump to admit that wrestling was fixed, but Donald chose his words carefully and put over the wrestlers as great athletes. He referred to "Lindsey" as a black gentleman who is the strongest guy he's ever seen. Trump also said that a percentage of the earnings from the match are going to charity.

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch

xtremebadass

Hey Montana, is that the actual card for Mania this yr, or is that what you think, either way I say it's pretty good, the Women's title in a RAW vs SD match, US title match is stupid, MITB is good, and that MNM vs. Hardys should not be a street fight that's pretty stupid. Is that the real card?

Montana

thats what the wwe is going for. As of now things can change,

I say the tag match might be a fourway. Idk about Carlito and flair, not sure where its goin, at least into wm.

I think the card is real weak. Other than the 2 championshp matches and MIBT nuttin special. They needed that big matchup before their main event, that this ppv is missing, which edge/orton was supposed to be.