Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airfixx

^^^

Can you please just not say ANYTHING AT ALL about the show before it airs.

(....Others please take heed too).

No mention of "returning" stars, run-ins or even what colour shirt Grisham has on.... I'll find out for myself.... Thanks.

What I don't get with a post such as the one above is WHY?

What's the point of urging others to spoil a show for themselves? Those that want spoilers know where to get them.... Why drop clues?

MikeRaw

LKP, I've gotta give you a warning for that. There's a spoilers thread for a reason.
Yes, this week's SD does sound sick (I did read the spoilers), and I'll be sure to watch. But for the sake of others, no spoilers.

LKP

Sorry guys got carried away and i will accept my warning. Damn i got two now id better be good.

the dark knight

ok, if they keep this up ill watch it regularly again.

the ending disappointed me though.

MikeRaw

Best SD I've seen in years. I mean, it was amazing. Best since like, 2004.
Match quality? Outstanding. Edge/Punk, the Fatal 4 way, and Morrison/Shelton were all very good. MVP/Ziggler was solid too.
Promos? Very good. Morrison/Jericho has me excited, MVP was pretty good, and that opening promo had me on the edge of my seat.
The excitement was unlike I've felt watching SD in a long, long time.
BIG thumbs up for this week's show.

seX-Power

^ I completely agree and I must say, Layla can fucking dance! High point of the show imo. :y:

MikeRaw

Shit, forgot to mention that. The dance off thing RULED! Yay for divas :D But that just goes to show how good the show was. Two hot divas, and I completely forgot them, cause the rest of the show was too damn good.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
If they keep this up, SD will be far and away the best WWE show. Who'd have thought that losing Triple H would have been the best thing that could happen to it?

MikeRaw

^Actually, just a hunch, but I'd say what made them better is who they gained, not who they lost.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
^True, but if Triple H was still on SD it would be the same thing as we've seen since he went there- him dicking on everyone. The additions of Punk, Jericho and Morrison coupled with the Game departing have really shaken up the show.

LKP

Like Jr said the young guys have proven a point tonight. Smackdown keeps this up i shall be recording and keeping every episode my sky+Hd can handle :).

Qwake

Great Smackdown as most of you have already said, their were alot of high points from the show.

The opening segment was definitely one of the best I have seen in a long time! Opening with Chris Jericho was awesome, probably the biggest and most needed draft of the year and being interupted by the Champ of the show Edge made things interesting, it actually had me believing for a while that Jericho could face Edge at Judgement Day. Punk coming down was also quite good, the fans needed something to cheer about after being shat on by Jericho and Edge for so long. Great way to open the show and I hope there is alot more Edge/Jericho stuff to come.

The matches on the show were also quite good, Morrison Vs Benjamin was pretty good, would have been much better if it went a little longer cause tbh, it kind of ended out of nowhere but we still got a bit of good action out of it and it put Morrison over (still not sure whether he is face yet). The 4-Way elimination match was good, good to actually have Kane dominate the start of the match even though I knew he would be first to go, there was alot of reversals at one point in the match which was crazy in a good way, I didn't know who would be hitting what and ending with Jeff and Rey was good, gave the fans alot to cheer about and Jeff Vs Edge could be good. (Also, MVP Vs Dolph could be good if the match was given enough time, still a good way to build them up.)

I really enjoyed all the little backstage things, mostly Jericho's stuff, it was all interesting and their were a few funny parts too. Hopefully they keep that up.

I didn't see all of the Main Event but I am glad that CM Punk won, put him over and got the fans hyped for Punk to cash in, I knew their was to much hype for him cashing in to actually cash in but their was still a chance that he could have. Umaga destroying him was good, could lead to numerous things and Hardy getting Edge helps build for their title match a little. Umaga pwns btw.

Awesome Smackdown!

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeeeah really good SD best in like years. The matches were solid. And very entertaining. Jericho/Edge opening was great. The whole show wicked. And the young guys did awesome. Morrison.Benjamin was great match could have been a little bit longer but still good match. MVP/Ziggler was great to again a bit short but saw some good stuff. I'M impressed with Ziggler i think he has a lot of potential. I really hope they stick with this sort of formula every week coz it owned big time. Great show =]

MikeRaw

Very nice episode tonight. Not up to last weeks standard, but nothing wil be for a long time. Again though, one of the best Smackdown's in a while.
Edge/Punk, Jericho/Jeff, and Morrison/Haas were all great matches for a weekly TV show. All got good time, and all had very good in ring work. The divas match, and the Mike Knox/R Truth match were both filler, so whatever. Match wise, it was above average.
Storylines in this were great too. We got more in the Punk/Umaga stuff, more in Y2J/Rey, and the whoel Edge/Hardy thing is getting put together well.
On a side note, Edge was fucking awesome on commentary.
Awesoem show.

Moonlight Drive

Yay, Morrison! Yay, Umaga! Yay, Punk!

The only other thing I really have to say is it was a nice little heelish touch having Edge saying 'don't be a coward' when he got himself counted out earlier in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.