Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Vince gets mad cause ratings are dropping going into mania, and he pulls this shit not once, but twice in the same week as mania. Raw really wasn't that great either to be honest.

kingovkings

Reaction score
wtf we get (uk) best of wm shite. Its the last SD before Mania and we get a best of prog. Im proper pissed. by all accounts It wasn't a good show anyway, But thats not the point i still would have like the option to watch it or switch over. Not happy Grrrrrrrrrrr =[

LKP

I saw smackdown this morning int he UK and its a WM25 fan access show with smackdown dipped in now and again. Like i said i knew smackdown was shit this week but i wanted to see it anyways. After watching it i thought this is it? Last smackdown before WM25 and they got Jeff vs big Ziek as main event?

1chiban

Reaction score
Hmm.. the only thing I could think of is that the UK buyrates for Wrestlemania have been slow, so they showed it to try and pump people up to buy it?

LKP

Why would they show a highlights show at 10pm on a fri and a proper ish type show 10am sat morning? Thats what i don't get lol.

kingovkings

Reaction score
OOOR man i missed the morn show DAMN. I taped the 10.oclock show fri coz i was ill. And watched this morn, I just assumed the sat morn 1 would be same as the fri night oh well. Just have to wait till midnight 2mrw for Mania i guess =].

Montana

I don't know about you guys, but i thought last fridays SD was the best SD in ages. Great promos, they showcased their wrestlers well. Everything seemed to work. Idk if it had anything to do with Vickie leaving, or the WM shakeup, but good entertaining show top to bottom.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yup pretty good SD this week i enjoyed it all. Is it just me or does Cena get a better reaction and pop from the SD Fans ?. Watching this weeks SD he got the odd Cena sucks chants but for the majority he got a good reception, Better than he gets on Raw. I'm thinking if he gets drafted then it wouldn't be a bad thing. But yeah good SD this week.

Saveus

Reaction score
I think the fans (and I) want Cena back on Smackdown instead of RAW. Gonna be a lot better in my opinion.

seX-Power

I'm guessing Cena/Edge will be on SD after the draft and HHH/Orton will be on Raw, and that's how it will stay.

SD this week was pretty awesome, we even saw Matt Hardy show some signs of possible charisma with a half decent EXTREME~! promo. Then Kofi actually looked alright in a Big Show squash, and in his pre-match mini promo he was pretty charismatic, as we don't usually see him get mic time. Santino was pretty boring and his segment with Khali was only funny when he got picked up and was screaming like a girl. Ranjin's mutton chops were funnier. Divas match was alright, I sense Gail winning the Women's Title soon. Priceless squashing the Colons was a bad idea unless they are going to start a program for the titles. The Colons are on a huge roll and are the Undisputed Tag Champs, so if they just do a one off job for Priceless, I don't like it. They could have used Jesse & Festus here. However, if they are to start a feud then I am all for it. Orton's promo afterwards didn't really interest me, it was pretty ordinary. The cutting edge was the best promo i'd seen in a while and both Edge and Cena (esp. Edge) played their charachters to perfection. The main event was pretty awesome, and there were some innovative spots involving stretchers, nice way to blow off the feud. Todd Grisham is also growing on me, he reminds me of a not-so-shit Michael Cole.

Great SD this week!

Airfixx

^^^Part of me expects Priceless to be wearing those unified tag belts by the time we hit Backlash; leaving us a fully 'blinged-up' Legacy standing tall following an Orton title win. (a la Evolution @ Armageddon 2003).

Most has aleady been said, but pretty good show this week...

I must say, I've become a big fan of stretcher matches. :y:

Beer Money Army

i have just recently watch the last 2 months of Smackdown shows before Mania 25. The Match arent in any order of show dates. but a couple of you will remember when they happened.

1. Colons Vs Miz/Morrison *** 9:42 wwe tag title match. (the best one of there series of bout, pby one of the best tag matches within a wwe ring in a while. But if you give these guys 15-20 mins they could pby work a **** match.)

2. Undertaker Vs Kozlov ** 8:20 (pby Kozlov best match of 2009 since his match with matt hardy last year. i didnt dig kozlov winning tho but hey i don't book double double E.)

3. MVP vs Chavo * 3:27 (way too short, it's hard to do a good match with this length)

4. Colon s Vs Miz/morrison **1/2 7:25 (nice match less time tho, these 2 could work together well.)

5. HHH vs Taker Vs Show vs Kozlov ** 9:16 :)smh: at ending, but it was decent 4 way, but horrible ending)

6. Umaga vs Scotty Goldman 1/2* 1:25 (squash match, goldman selling was good)

7. Edge Vs jeff Hardy *** 14:59 :)smh: at dq ending, But good match just like there Rumble 2009 match)

8. MVP vs Matt hardy *1/2 5:27 (Pby there worst encounter to date)

9. Benjamin vs jeff Hardy *1/2 5:53 (another match that i didnt see much of due to mate calling my mobile. will have to review this match again)

10 Umaga vs HHH 1/2* 3:13 (it wasn't good, umaga getting injured was :(, but why did ref walk away after legacy came out)

11. Miz/morrison Vs Colons **1/2 5:59 World Tag Titles (decent lil match, but give these guys 15-20 Mins and they would be instantly over afterwards)

12. kendrick Vs Finlay *1/2 3:11 (meh kind of match, kendrick is misused on smackdown. ECW should be his new home)

13. Undertaker Vs Kozlov *1/2 9:25 (horrible Match, but right man won.)

14. Benjamin vs MVP ** 5:17 U.s Title (dissappointed on how WWE producted this match on TV and the didn't work well at all.)

15. Kane Vs HBK **1/2 7:26 (not as good as there Unforgiven 2004 encounter, but it's fits for TV matches tho. does anyone notices Kane beergut :shifty:)

16. Jeff Hardy Vs Kendrick * 3:30 (huge squash, But kendrick sold soild he has good defense skills inside the ring)

17. Undertaker vs jBL ** 8:18 (i think this is pby the best the 2 can do against each other in a normal match. i don't mind it being on TV tho.)

18. Kofi/Punk/MVP/Henry Vs Christian/finlay/Kane/Benjamin ** 5-7 Mins clipped (average 4 way match, everyone did a lil part in it to put storyline over.)

19. Mysterio vs Chavo **1/2 5:16 (i pby have seen this encounter a million times, this pby as good as it can get in 5 mins)

20. Colons/bella vs Miz/Morrison/nikki * 2:25 (6 wrestlers to wrestle a 2:25 match, hmm there entrance must of gone longer.)

21. Kofi Vs Big show * 3:28 (i dunno what kofi was trying to do at the start, But match was picking up in the last min then it ended)

the dark knight

whats up with the gay ass background music during triple h and orton's promo?

LKP

Smackdown was awesome this week guys. Go read the spoilers or matches. It has a very good mini feud going on kid of. People returning attacking people and its nice to see smackdown using people properly for once. I cant wait to watch smackdown this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.