Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
the graphics look really good and one very good thing jeff hardys going to be in it this year!! and will be good to play as cm punk is morroson going to be in the game though? and london and kendrick?

Kassidy

Reaction score
umm go back a few pages and i posted the full roster, morrisson is in a nitro and no to the other 2

PeepShow

How do they decide whos gunna be in the game? Do they just ask the superstar and they say yes or no?

This Guy

And the worst part is the WWE gives them a list early on in developement, and resereves the right to change it. So THQ tells WWE they have to give them a final list that is unchangeable by a certain date. Usually the final list is a tad different. But its given well enough in advance that THQ has time to complete the game.

PeepShow

No WWE gives them a list of whos in and whos out

THey give the maker of the game whos in and whos out?

Man, Id be pissed If I were London and Kendrick. They are like the best Tag Team there is out there. First off they arent used right, and second, they cant even get into their own promotions video game. Man, cant be good for them......lol

Reaction score
i wonder why they give a list instead of just letting everyone in the game if there still on the roster

also was wondering is chris benoit gunna be in the game? because i was reading few months back vince was deciding whether or not to allow him in the game and something like the game wud have to be released later if they took him out because it would take some time to do it

Reaction score
i wonder how they managed to do it without having to put release back must of been quick job to do it

This Guy

i wonder why they give a list instead of just letting everyone in the game if there still on the roster

also was wondering is chris benoit gunna be in the game? because i was reading few months back vince was deciding whether or not to allow him in the game and something like the game wud have to be released later if they took him out because it would take some time to do it

i wonder how they managed to do it without having to put release back must of been quick job to do it

One, stop double posting, use the edit button

Because the games can't actually support that many wrestlers. the code would not allow them to put every wrestler in the game. Pulling Benoit would not take much time at all. removing a character from a game, or even adding or just replacing is a simple enough task as they generally have all the basics for each wrestler, they just need to tweek it. No delay would be needed unless the entire roster was changed. Also Benoit was pulled from the game prior to the finalized roster list anyways. The finialized list is designed to allow THQ pleanty of time to remove, add, or replace anyone they need to and make all final adjustments. Benoit really was no different then any other casualty of not making the final list.

The one I'm actually wondering about is if Jericho (assuming he is Save_us.222 well 229 now if you've been paying attention) Back when Wrestlemania 2000 was coming out for N64, Jericho still had not debuted when it was in developement. He was under contract and it was more comon knowlage that he was coming then this is. And when THQ posted the final roster they were okayed, that list did not have Chris Jericho on it. It wasn't till after Jericho's debut that they then revealed that Jericho had made the final list and that he was in the game and showed the first screens of him. The game came out a month later. It would be intresting to see if Jericho is indeed returning if THQ has done this again to help maintain the WWE's secrecy.

Reaction score
it would be good if he was in the game and London and Kendrick but meh at least jeff is in the game this year lol also i was wondering if you can do special moves on annouce table? because svr07 i had on psp and it didnt have a anounce table or commentry in it at all so not sure

Kassidy

Reaction score
THQ said already that there will be NO downloadable content when it comes to roster so no ur stuck with what they give you

The Rated R CMStar

I don't know why you bitch about the roster. It has all the superstars you will really use. Maybe Shelton Benjamin and London and Kendrick, but that's all. You have all the superstars you wanted to use last game.