Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
I enjoyed Raw for the most part, though the booking at the end of the Tag Match was ridiculous.

One positive that came out of that is Miz can play a Jericho-esque Face whenever the time comes for him to turn, if ever.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena and Rock will not be in the same ring until the Raw before WM because that is just bad business. You want those two in the ring on the last Raw staring one another down (Miz can come for the ride) with the feed cutting off on that image to leave people wondering and wanting more. That is classic Vince McMahon

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Cena and Rock will not be in the same ring until the Raw before WM because that is just bad business. You want those two in the ring on the last Raw staring one another down (Miz can come for the ride) with the feed cutting off on that image to leave people wondering and wanting more. That is classic Vince McMahon

Vinny Mac > > > > >

I don't want to see Rock and Cena near each other until that time. However I would like to see another Malvia appearance before the last Raw, probably confronting Alberto Del Rio.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I want Rock on TV in some form in these next 6 weeks, but I don't want him near Cena or Miz.

* Still waiting on someone trying to spin the fact the HBK/Taker WM25 build started the night after No Way Out 2009. (Doubt that Taker or Hunter wrestle for that matter until Mania as well)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I want Rock on TV in some form in these next 6 weeks, but I don't want him near Cena or Miz.

* Still waiting on someone trying to spin the fact the HBK/Taker WM25 build started the night after No Way Out 2009. (Doubt that Taker or Hunter wrestle for that matter until Mania as well)
Correct me if I'm wrong (not being a smart ass) but I think they were teasing the fact that HBK wanted to face Taker while JBL was making him his bitch.

SAL

Reaction score

I don't need to spin anything. The build started in January, with Kozlov and someone else (don't care enough to look it up) feuding over getting to face the Undertaker. HBK entered in the 11th hour, beat Kozlov and got the shot. The buildup started then, and it was pretty good. But at least it was about something: the right to face the Undertaker to try and break the streak. But there are two more things at work here.

1. Someone in WWE (wisely? sure, let's say wisely) decided to let that match steal the show at WM25. They had a crazy 30 minute match which put over the value of breaking the Streak like nobody had before. The WM spot with Undertaker was huge before, but after this match it became something even greater. Enough to main-event the PPV the next year.

2. THERE WERE NO OTHER NATURAL FEUDS FOR HBK OR TAKER. They got thrown together because there were no long-term plans for either of them that had to be aborted. There were no young stars to leave in the cold. There was no reason not to throw the match together.

And for the record, I don't care that much about Barrett, and I don't really care about Sheamus at all. All I ask for is logic and continuity. They're pretty obviously and actively ignoring continuity and ignoring these obvious feuds to add another "big match" to WM. I'd like to see what they'd have to do in like 3 years when they run out of these big matches and they have to actually tell stories.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Could the logic be that HHH was the higher power behind "the winds of change" in WWE?

Taker doesn't get buried if not for Nexus and Nexus admittedly never would have attacked him without having a higher power instructing them.

SAL

Reaction score
Could the logic be that HHH was the higher power behind "the winds of change" in WWE?

Taker doesn't get buried if not for Nexus and Nexus admittedly never would have attacked him without having a higher power instructing them.

There's a long answer to this question. But tonight, I'm just going to say....no.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And you two could be right as I loosely remember Kozlov being on a tear back then and running through Taker, Jeff, and Trips before HBK took him out with ease

Kylie

Reaction score
Sal keeps stealing my arguments (and making them sound a lot better then what I had planned). :p

I have nothing against seeing Taker/HHH, let's at least get that straight. But like Sal and Dale have already argued, they've just thrown it together at the last minute disregarding the feuds they both were in beforehand. A staredown or whatever they did tonight (bearing in mind I haven't watched Raw since I'm at work) doesn't explain anything.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Like I said they got 6 weeks and could explain it all by next week which will be the build. Don't have em wrestle just use the whole build building it all up. If they don't do that and it is just some rushed big match then I will fully agree with Sal/Kylie/Dale. Meantime it's wait and see for me and I much rather see HHH/Taker than Sheamus/HHH and esp Barrett/Taker match wise.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm in the HHH/Taker is better than any alternative match from both men in the ring and out of it.

I feel the same way about Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk. I'll admit that Cena/Punk would be better in the ring, but the alternative of also having Orton/Miz on the card outweighs that for me as well

Reaction score
13525534xt.jpg

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sal keeps stealing my arguments (and making them sound a lot better then what I had planned). :p

I have nothing against seeing Taker/HHH, let's at least get that straight. But like Sal and Dale have already argued, they've just thrown it together at the last minute disregarding the feuds they both were in beforehand. A staredown or whatever they did tonight (bearing in mind I haven't watched Raw since I'm at work) doesn't explain anything.
They have 6 weeks, 11 shows, a vault full of their past encounters, HBK on standby, and the best production team and wrestling mind (Vince) in the business behind them. I say wait it out and they won't disappoint in the ring or outside of it leading to the match

SAL

Reaction score
PHX, you'd rather see HHH/Taker than those other two matches, but why? Because you know WWE will let them do what they want. Wade and Sheamus wouldn't be allowed to kick out of pedigrees or tombstones. Wrestling ability is one thing, but no matter how good you are, you only get to look as good as Vince will let you look. The fact that we all know HHH/Taker would automatically be a superior match, I think that's the underlying problem with the booking.