Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Psych, your new name is Mr. Magoo. How shortsighted can you be? You want to maximize the buyrate for this show, supposedly so the other "young stars" can have the biggest possible audience, but you would have that audience watch them all fighting each other, and none of them would care. You turn these people into stars by putting them with the stars who already have the heat...on the biggest stage. And failing that, all I ask WWE to do is actually tell me a story that makes your jizzy big-name match mean something, and not throw it together in a month.

The message was clear: Taker laughs at the idea of giving Hunter a shot at the Streak, but he's not happy with Hunter for interrupting his return, and Hunter wants Taker in the ring to avenge Shawn Michaels's retirement loss last year.

You're just a bitter sally because Barrett doesn't get the ME spotlight against Taker. Deal with it bud.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena's was better. I want to see Cole get his ass whooped though like Austin whooped his ass years ago.
I still don't know if Taz or Cole had it worse :lol:

SAL

Reaction score
What is it that you don't get about Taker/HHH needing to happen for the good of the actual company and majority of the younger roster? Would you rather Cena vs Orton and/or Edge?

I would rather they put some effort into TELLING THE STORY. It's that simple. Cena and Orton have, um, nothing to do with Taker or HHH here, so I don't know why you've brought them up. There were clear long-term stories that had been built up with HHH/Sheamus and Taker/Barrett. They chose to abandon those stories to throw this match together. It isn't just leaving Sheamus (let's use Sheamus, for example) out. It's that they built him up, giving him a couple of transitional title reigns, giving him the King of the Ring, starting him up the mountain...and now they have to drop him off that cliff and make him look like a fool wearing a crown who can't beat Mark Henry.

If you're booking this, and you want to do that, for the 8th time, all I want you to do is TELL A STORY. When you rely on the big names just because they have big names, that's the lazy shit that explains why nobody cares about the young guys.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fuck sake you are stubborn PSYCH! :p WWE can't keep relying on seasoned veterans to headline and showcase Mania. How about building the current champions up to the point where people are going to give a shit and make the price of the PPV worth the money? Why does it have to be two guys that have been around for years that all of a sudden are being thrown into a match with NO background (I'm sorry but bringing up a match that happened 10 years ago doesn't count) and NO story behind it?

Wrestlemania is just as much about the story and build behind them as the match and I'm sorry but you cannot throw together two guys like Undertaker and HHH into a massive match at Wrestlemania without a god damn reason or story to build on!
Apparently Taker retiring HBK is enough of a reason for them to forget about HHH been put on the injured list for going on a year and Undertaker for 5+ months or whatever it was :rolleyes:

SAL

Reaction score
The message was clear: Taker laughs at the idea of giving Hunter a shot at the Streak, but he's not happy with Hunter for interrupting his return, and Hunter wants Taker in the ring to avenge Shawn Michaels's retirement loss last year.

You're just a bitter sally because Barrett doesn't get the ME spotlight against Taker. Deal with it bud.

That patronizing tone you like to use is hilarious.

Taker's giving HHH a shot at the Streak because he's upset HHH interrupted his party. That's the explanation you're going with. A year after Taker kept refusing to give HBK a match until HBK cost him the World Title. Sure! All in the name of a big name match, right?

Kylie

Reaction score
Apparently Taker retiring HBK is enough of a reason for them to forget about HHH been put on the injured list for going on a year and Undertaker for 5+ months or whatever it was :rolleyes:

Well shit that's alright then. Because god knows someone had to fight for Shawn Michaels 12 months after retirement. ;)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As far as the HHH/Taker match subject goes it's not like these two are gonna be kissing each others ass till mania they got 6 weeks to explain it. They teased months ago that there was a real reason behind nexus attacking Taker and I'm sticking with that real reason being a Triple H plot that for all we know could come out next week. Plus of course Taker retired his best friend which is gonna be the basis of the whole thing.

I still say they should have brought all this up tonight instead of having a simple faceoff but I'm pretty sure this all will be brought up in the coming weeks to build it up.

SAL

Reaction score
Another thing to consider when you talk about giving the young guys the biggest possible audience at WM: you know HHH/Taker will get 20+ minutes, they'll both kick out of a couple of finishers each, and it will be the only match a bunch of people will remember.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fuck sake you are stubborn PSYCH! :p WWE can't keep relying on seasoned veterans to headline and showcase Mania. How about building the current champions up to the point where people are going to give a shit and make the price of the PPV worth the money? Why does it have to be two guys that have been around for years that all of a sudden are being thrown into a match with NO background (I'm sorry but bringing up a match that happened 10 years ago doesn't count) and NO story behind it?

Wrestlemania is just as much about the story and build behind them as the match and I'm sorry but you cannot throw together two guys like Undertaker and HHH into a massive match at Wrestlemania without a god damn reason or story to build on!
20,000 screaming fans in the arena and the millions who will watch the event disagree with you and Sal, which is all that matters

As for the first paragraph, let me go back to the main point WrestleMania isn't billed as a pay per view. It is billed as the grandest spectacle of them all which is why the big acts have to be there to sell the show at the higher cost. 6 of the other 12 ppvs that WWE puts out has seen Nexus, Sheamus, Miz, Morrison, and Punk headline only to have lower buys than last year. They have given them all the chance in the world to prove they can handle the billing but they aren't ready enough to get people to pay $45, let alone $75. It says something when the only ppv from the last 2 quarters with improved buys was billed as Kane vs Taker. You can try to sugar coat it all you want but it is just bad business to try and push a whole youth movement all at once on a WM card with no main attraction when it hasn't been successful on the lesser events. You know it, Sal knows it, and we all do whether you want to admit it or not

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler