Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Big Show has his own DVD, I'm gonna have to pick that up.
Netflix supposedly has it or will have it according to a report

SAL

Reaction score
People want HHH to have a high profile match against the guy jobbing to Henry, at not just any ppv but WM and even lose to him (Sal I'm looking at you) :lol:

Sheamus is jobbing to Henry because WWE decided not to put him into the natural feud which would help keep him at a high level. Since there's no room for him because they're forcing this dumb match together, they need to lower him down to Mark Henry's level.

You seem to have no understanding of how cause and effect works.

AF.

Reaction score
Now that would be a fucking match (Sheamus/Bryan)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Never really cared for Hacksaw but good for him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So...WWE didn't have an ounce of business sense in, say, 2003 when they put him in the fucking opener with Big Show and A-Train, or in 2006, when they put Taker with fucking Mark Henry?

Wrestlemania, believe it or not, would survive even if you don't shoehorn Taker into a match with another old famous guy.
Who headlined the main WM matches in 2003?

Was it guys by the name of Austin, Rock, Vince, Hogan, Lesnar, and Triple H?

Who is in the other high profile matches now? Punk, Miz, and Del Rio ... give me a fucking break this isn't SummerSlam for 40 bucks in front of 20,000 people. This is WrestleMania where people come from all over the world, fill a stadium with 50,000 plus, and pay almost 70 bucks.

Punk, Miz, and Del Rio aren't worth that much to any common fan and you damn well know it as does everyone else. Triple H and Undertaker are justify the price and have been doing so for over a decade each as headliners.

Any argument that Punk, Miz, and Del Rio can get the biggest possible audience to watch the show and give all the boys/girls/workers/execs the best payday possible is a pile of :shit:

EDIT - I'll give you Cause/Effect

Cause - No WM caliber Main Event Attraction
Effect - Low buys, low paydays, low morale, cuts, and young guys having a smaller audience

Cause - HHH/Taker at WM
Effect - High buys, high paydays, high morale, more people keep a job, and you get a bigger audience to watch the stars of tomorrow try to steal the show much like HBK when he was a midcard act

SAL

Reaction score
Psych, your new name is Mr. Magoo. How shortsighted can you be? You want to maximize the buyrate for this show, supposedly so the other "young stars" can have the biggest possible audience, but you would have that audience watch them all fighting each other, and none of them would care. You turn these people into stars by putting them with the stars who already have the heat...on the biggest stage. And failing that, all I ask WWE to do is actually tell me a story that makes your jizzy big-name match mean something, and not throw it together in a month.