Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
That's not the way to do it. Barrett has to actually WIN the title for the storyline to have maximum effect. If he wins the Rumble and Cena wins the belt, he's just gonna lose at WM, Nexus will be dissolved and his Rumble win will be a waste just like the NXT title shot was. Barrett has to be on top of the world, he needs the belt at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Have Cena win the Rumble (I know, I know, but the Rumble has become only accessible to main eventers), Barrett win the title at EC, give him all the momentum in the world and then when Cena wins the title at WM and dissolves Nexus, it will bring the storyline full circle. He's been chasing the title since the beginning of the storyline so by the end he's got to get it.

Reaction score
Cena was champion when the angle started.

Wade Barrett will not become WWE Champion. The sooner you realise this, Pyro, the better your life will be.

SAL

Reaction score
Right, because they don't just pass the title around to anybody these days...

I'd put money on Barrett winning the title at some point.

Reaction score
People who are in the position to win it, and will benefit from it, get it. Barrett is a stable leader who is almost at the end of that run, and when it concludes, will have zero momentum. His status as a top heel will be thrown away when Jericho returns, and if/when Triple H does his heel turn. You'll see him now and then on Superstars, and that's about it.

If he were to of won the title, it should of happened at NOC when the opportunity was there for him to get a cheap win to further the cheapness of Nexus victories. It didn't, and his ship has sailed. If I am wrong, well, I'll take it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So you're saying a guy who became a main eventer from day one feuding with the poster boy of the company who is young is gonna all of a sudden become a low carder on Superstars? Right....

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
sxe is smoking and/or drinking some good shit.

I'm not Wade's biggest fan, but he will have a world title. I think SD is more likely than Raw, but he will have the gold.

Reaction score
So you're saying a guy who became a main eventer from day one feuding with the poster boy of the company who is young is gonna all of a sudden become a low carder on Superstars? Right....

That's exactly what I'm saying. His bubble has burst.

sxe is smoking and/or drinking some good shit.

I'm not Wade's biggest fan, but he will have a world title. I think SD is more likely than Raw, but he will have the gold.

Mid-card or tag gold, yes, but a world title? Matt Hardy has a better chance than Wade does...unless Wade lands himself in TNA.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
His push hasn't changed he is still being pushed as the top heel and still very over so I don't get your point about his bubble bursting. What makes you think Jericho gonna be top heel? Hell for all we know the man could return as a face. This youth movement hasn't been for nothing it's been to make long term stars which Barrett is clearly gonna be.

Reaction score
If he were being pushed as the top heel, he'd of won the title already. His bubble has burst because aside from all this pushing and overness, it's starting to fade, he needs something extra, he's falling into the same old routine, and fans are well aware that Cena is going to take them down and thus his presence isn't as big as it was beforehand.

Orton, the top face, took him out, so he'd come back to seek revenge on him, i.e, heel.

Long-term stars from the youth movement so far are Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and I guess you could make a case for John Morrison. Barrett needs to add something else to his character, because it's grown stale, and that change will be the difference of getting him to the ME or not on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Barrett may not become champ soon, but he's going places, that's fairly obvious. He has the look that people within the WWE violently fap off too, he has a presence whenever he's in the ring, especially on the mic. He seems to be popular as a heel with the audience too. He won't be swept under the rug like MVP. Well, that's my prediction. Although if he gets fired in a year, then I'll take back my deeply misguided words. I personally don't see it happening though.

That's exactly what I'm saying. His bubble has burst.

Loss or even lack of momentum doesn't mean anything. Nobody gave a crap about Orton before he kicked Shawn Michaels' head in, people didn't even know Batista existed before he challenged Triple H.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score

Loss or even lack of momentum doesn't mean anything. Nobody gave a crap about Orton before he kicked Shawn Michaels' head in, people didn't even know Batista existed before he challenged Triple H.

Yeah, nobody knew who he was. He only won the Royal Rumble and had is own segment JUST on what brand he was going to choose. He wasn't a big deal or anything. Noo...

SAL

Reaction score
He's got the Batista thing wrong, but his point still stands. Momentum doesn't matter, as long as WWE's committed to you. The run they've given Barrett makes it clear to me they've made a commitment to him, so even if he loses his heat (I doubt it) they'll give him chances to get it back.

Reaction score
He gets his ass handed to him by Cena at TLC, and then what? Drag the angle on until WrestleMania for Cena to destroy him again? Not going to happen.

Orton had a shitload of momentum off his IC reign which was killed during that wretched face run of 04. It took him years to get it back, and Barrett is headed down the same path.

Kylie

Reaction score
But Orton got it back though and look at him now. I highly doubt that WWE will just stop after this angle and you'll see Barrett on Superstars in a few months. Not a chance in hell. Barrett will be champ at some point in his career. May not be in the next month or two, but he will get there.

Reaction score
It took him 3 years and a complete character overhaul to regain the momentum, and he only has it now because he's a poorman's Stone Cold.

Yeah, he'll be a midcard or tag team champion at some point, but world champion? :lmao