Official NCAA Football Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

Here's the newest BCS Polls

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Texas
5. Florida
6. Oklahoma
7. USC
8. Utah
9. OSU
10. Boise

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT...GEORGIA.....HAS.......NOT......DONE.......FUCKING........SHIT..........THIS.........YEAR

SO WHY IN THE FUCK DOES FLORIDA JUST JUMP IN FRONT OF MORE DESERVING TEAMS BECUASE THEY BEAT SOME BULLSHIT OVERRATED TEAM?

Every big game Georgia has been in, they've been blown out. IDK why Tech leapfrogged over everyone...wait 1 more week to move Tech that high to see how they do when they play another big game. Oklahoma wins by 34 and moves down 2 spots? OSU blows out Iowa State and drops behind a team that barely beat a cupcake team. Texas got dominated the entire game, they should be at #6 or #7...USC wins 56-0 and drops two spots. This system is seriously fucked.

The Top 5 should be

1. Bama
2. PSU
3. Tech
4. OU
5. USC

FUCK THE BCS FUCK THE BCS FUCK THE BCS

Christian

Reaction score
nvm

why should OU be ranked over texas

and osu isnt even goin to be top 10 after next week son

Travis40

^ Texas should be behind Oklahoma becuase Texas was beaten badly the entire game, and barely came back, only to lose to the #7 team...Oklahoma beat a decent Nebraska team by 34. Texas should be in the position Tech was in, Tech should be #3 until they prove themselves again against OSU.

But I'm not worrying becuase I know that PSU will get beaten by MSU in a close one, Texas will choke against a halfway decent A&M team, and Tech will fall to Oklahoma in Norman...why? because Oklahoma has only lost 2 times in Norman since 1999 (OSU in 2001 and TCU in 2004)...here's the results from the OU/TT games in Norman

2006 - OU 34 - Tech 24
2004 - OU 28 - Tech 13
2002 - OU 60 - Tech 15
2000 - OU 27 - Tech 13
1998 - OU 20 - Tech 17
1996 - Tech 22 - OU 12
1994 - OU 17 - Tech 11
1992 - OU 34 - Tech 9

Texas Tech is 1-7 in Norman all time....I'd be worried if I was a Tech fan, becuase that's 5 times in a row that Tech has lost in Norman...I think on the 22nd...you'll watch #6 make it 6 in a row...

Travis40

I lawld today when I read that Texas Tech refused to play Tulsa this year. It looks like Tech didn't want to play a game they had a chance of losing...so they schedule UMass, Eastern Washington, Nevada, and SMU. Then Tech plays some crappy Big XII teams to get into the Top 10 :lol:. There's K-State, Nebraska, and A&M (not exactly conference powerhouses)...then they beat up on a bad Kansas team...then sneak in a win over Texas...I'm not trying to take away their win last week...but they haven't really played anyone, with the obvious exception of Texas. I think OSU will win tonight, but I really hope that Tech can win.

Hometown Kid

I lawld today when I read that Texas Tech refused to play Tulsa this year. It looks like Tech didn't want to play a game they had a chance of losing...so they schedule UMass, Eastern Washington, Nevada, and SMU. Then Tech plays some crappy Big XII teams to get into the Top 10 :lol:. There's K-State, Nebraska, and A&M (not exactly conference powerhouses)...then they beat up on a bad Kansas team...then sneak in a win over Texas...I'm not trying to take away their win last week...but they haven't really played anyone, with the obvious exception of Texas.

A week ago weren't you bragging about OU beating Nebraska and saying that's why they should be ranked ahead of Texas? :laugh:

And as far as the rankings go if Florida can win out they're pretty much in. That'll be pretty impossible though...>_> I hate the BCS!! Utah, Boise State and Ball State are all undefeated and they have no shot...will somebody just make a fucking football Sweet 16 already? :nonono:

Christian

Reaction score
I lawld today when I read that Texas Tech refused to play Tulsa this year. It looks like Tech didn't want to play a game they had a chance of losing...so they schedule UMass, Eastern Washington, Nevada, and SMU. Then Tech plays some crappy Big XII teams to get into the Top 10 :lol:. There's K-State, Nebraska, and A&M (not exactly conference powerhouses)...then they beat up on a bad Kansas team...then sneak in a win over Texas...I'm not trying to take away their win last week...but they haven't really played anyone, with the obvious exception of Texas. I think OSU will win tonight, but I really hope that Tech can win.

n!%#$ please i seen your rep comment :p

Travis40

Alabama WILL NOT be #1 tomorrow...they really don't deserve it. They've only played 3 or 4 games this year where they've had a challenge and they've won. I'm tired of people going "SEC is teh greatness~!!!11". If Alabma somehow goes to the National Championship...they won't win. They'll get blown out by Texas, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma.

I think it's gonna be Oklahoma because all OU needs to do is win out and they're going to be in the National Championship...they'll play #2 Tech, #9 OSU, and even if they don't make it to the Big 12 Champ game, they'll still be ranked higher than Texas after those last 2 games, and imo it'll be either Florida/Oklahoma or Bama/Oklahoma

Travis40

Thank god Tech beat OSU...Tech is holding OU's fate right now...if Tech loses 2 games, OU's chances for a Big XII Championship are crushed, if Tech loses 1 (to Oklahoma) and Texas and Oklahoma end up with 1 loss...OU would win the tiebreaker. Texas Tech would go to the Fiesta Bowl and Texas would go to the Holiday Bowl.

AP Top 10
1. Alabama (44)
2. Texas Tech (21)
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. USC
7. Penn State
8. Utah
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

USA Today Top 10
1. Alabama (44)
2. Texas Tech (17)
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Texas
6. USC
7. Utah
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

Oklahoma over Texas in USA Today :)...they see who's been scoring 60 a game :)

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
What gets me the most from yesterday is the way Tennessee dealt with this whole week by Coach Fulmer resigning from the head coach position. All that crying and bullshit I watched on Sportscenter almost all day.

And on their coach's last game with the Vols, they end up losing to FUCKING WYOMING! LMFAO

Christian

Reaction score
BCS Standings
1. Alabama 10-0
2. Texas Tech 10-0
3. Texas 9-1
4. Florida 8-1
5. Oklahoma 9-1
6. USC 8-1
7. Utah 10-0
8. Penn State 9-1
9. Boise State 9-0
10. Georgia 8-2
11. Ohio State 8-2
12. Missouri 8-2
13. Oklahoma State 8-2
14. Ball State 9-0
15. Michigan State 9-2
16. North Carolina 7-2
17. BYU 9-1
18. TCU 9-2
19. Florida State 7-2
20. LSU 6-3
21. Pitt 7-2
22. Cincinnati 7-2
23. Tulsa 8-1
24. Wake Forest 6-3
25. South Carolina 7-3

interesting ranks... texas above florida was the biggest surprise to me, also uga being in the top 10 ahead of mizzou osu and osu

Travis40

Oklahoma State should be above Mizzou and Ohio State...OSU beat Mizzou and Ohio State hasn't done shit this year...

*marks for Tulsa in Top 25 again*

Travis40

Time to start politicking for the Sooners :)

imo OU is very underrated behind an overrated Texas team because Oklahoma has played better overall than Texas this year....if Oklahoma doesn't make it to the National Championship this year, there's 1 reason why, Ryan Reynolds. Oklahoma was shutting down the Texas offense in the first half. Texas scored 20 in the first half, when Reynolds got hurt with 5 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter, Texas scored 25 post-injury. If Reynolds would not have gotten injured, there's a great chance that Oklahoma would still be at #1 right now.

I'm tired of hearing about Texas Tech, Florida, and Alabama's offenses when Oklahoma has been hanging 60 for 2 weeks in a row on .500 teams. The most amazing thing this year is that OU is 2nd in Points Per Game (#1 is Tulsa) and #3 in Yards Per Game, when Oklahoma only plays 3 quarters...Oklahoma automatically puts Joey Halzle in at the start of the 4th QTR in about every game this year (Kansas and Texas were the only exceptions. Halzle played in Kansas game, but not in Texas game). Oklahoma just runs the clock EVERY SINGLE WEEK and still has the best offensive team in the country. If Oklahoma played the full 4 quarters, just imagine how Oklahoma's offensive stats would be, just imagine how much they would've scored against Nebraska and Texas A&M.

Another big thing for Oklahoma is their defense. In the first 3 quarters of Oklahoma games, Oklahoma has outscored teams 473-180. Oklahoma has only given up around 30 points in the first quarter for the ENTIRE SEASON. Oklahoma's red zone offense is also great. They've scored 53 out of 56 times in the red zone (it would be 55 for 56 if our fucking FG kicker could make a god damn kick from 25 yards).

espn.com said:
OU totaled 80 yards, three first downs and no points in the final period of its 66-28 crushing of Texas A&M last Saturday.

The week before that, the Sooners tallied 22 yards, one first down and no points in a 62-28 wipeout of Nebraska.

Oct. 25, OU limited itself to 44 yards, two first downs and a field goal in the fourth quarter of a 58-35 victory at Kansas State

That's something to think about. If Oklahoma had actually played in the 4th quarter every week, you wouldn't hear anything about Florida, it would be all Oklahoma. If they had played the 4th quarter, they would have 3 (and possibly 4) straight 60 point games.

Now looking at the Texas Tech game. This is going to have the biggest National Championship implications in the Big XII imo. For Texas to have a chance for the Big 12 Championship, and in turn a National Championship chance, Texas has to have Oklahoma beat Tech, and lose to Oklahoma State. If Tech beats OU, Texas is probably eliminated. This game is going to be a shootout and with Ryan Reynolds possibly returning for the Sooners, I think he could be the only hope OU has on D. I'm surprised that more people are picking Oklahoma over Texas Tech, since Tech is ranked higher than Oklahoma.

espn.com said:
What has to happen for Oklahoma to play for the national title …
Step One: Beat Texas Tech with ease and then get by Oklahoma State on the road. Human pollsters have a funny way of moving teams up when they win, and if OU blows out the Red Raiders and win impressively in Stillwater, the polls will quickly change. If a three-way tie is needed and it goes to the BCS rankings, expect OU to come out on top despite being currently ranked behind Texas Tech and Texas.
Step Two: Win the Big 12 title. The Sooners probably can’t play for the national title without winning the Big 12 championship. However …
Step Three: … get a groundswell of respect after being

:laugh: at them even talking about the possibility of Oklahoma winninig big. IF Oklahoma can beat Texas Tech, it will either be in Overtime, or LATE in the 4th quarter, ala Texas Tech. Personally, I would love to see Oklahoma/Florida in the National Championship in Miami since OU upset FSU in Miami 8 years ago to win the National Championship, but I would be perfectly fine with a Texas Tech/Florida or a Texas/Florida National Championship game.

Here's to hoping a Big XII team wins the National Championship, regardless of who that Big XII team is.