Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Z to the Heat. Win.
At the price, yes. But he's old and slow. But he averages more blocks than Bosh and Haslem combined for his career, but still not enough. And now Juwan Howard is rumored to finally coming to Miami (the Heat offered him a 100 million dollar contract in 96 to team him with Zo, but Stern said it bypassed the CBA so nixed it). So the Heat's front court is a soft center who wants to play power forward because he's too weak to guard 5s, Udonis Haslem who is too undersized to be effective, and two OLD dudes who are good for 15-20 minutes each. They still don't have a legit center who alters shots, rebounds and can defend the pick and roll.

I'm not hating on the Heat, but I'll never jump on the bandwagon either, I never have with anyone and never will, but the Heat don't have the two things that win titles. That being a big front court and a great D. Wade and LBJ are good perimeter defenders, but that's about it. Mike Miller, Z, Chalmers, Howard and Bosh are defensive liabilities more than they are helpers. I think the Heat win about 60 games and probably get the 1 seed, but I don't think they can beat the Celts or Bulls in a 7 game series, let alone who makes it out of the West. They wil lbe able to run up an impressive score, but so have the Suns for the past 5 years and what has that gotten them? Plus they've given up their next 4 first round picks and the cap drops by 14 million next season. They're not going to get any better than what they are now without decent vets making sacrifices to win a ring. I am excited to see how it works.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Some NBA news that happened this past week.

Al Jefferson to the Jazz (20-10 player from a shit team doesn't equal consistency)
Mike Miller to the Heat
Jordan Farmar to the Nets (What the fuck?!)
Redick is staying in Orlando (Obviously!)
David Lee sent to the Warriors
Golden State Warriors sold off for $450 million (Ka-Ching!)
Turkoglu is gone to Phoenix from Toronto (See ya bitch!)
Luis Scola is getting $47 million to keep his ass in Houston ($$$!)

Anybody watching Summer League, cause since World Cup is over that's pretty much the only sport to watch. Oh yeah, baseball.

Reaction score
^^^^I've been watching bits, but I saw the full Golden State-Phoenix game yesterday.
-How did Scottie Reynolds get passed on in the draft? Guy could easily be a very serviceable backup in this league.
-Golden State's Reggie Williams is going to be a very solid player, if not above average starter in this league. It's just saddening that Golden State let go of other great young talent in Anthony Morrow and Anthony Randolph. Since they got sold, they should run Don Nelson and Larry Riley out of the organization. If they could have dumped Monta Ellis for Davide Lee and kept Morrow and Randolph, they could have built themselves for the next few years with a nucleus of Upke Udoh (1st rd pick) Morrow, Lee, Randolph and Steph Curry. They could have been the next Oklahoma CIty.

Other thoughts:
-Bias aside, the Spurs keep proving they have the best talent scouts and coaches in the L. They're 4 best players didn't play against the Lakers squad and they still rolled them. And that team had Gerald Green and Daryl Strawberry's kid, two guys with some pro experience.
-John Wall is a fucking chucker.
-DeMarcus Cousins will be better than Derrick Favors, no doubts in my mind, as long as he stays focused and dedicated.

Reaction score
whoa wait, there was actually a conversation about fisher going to the hall of fame. Best to avoid basketball threads on a wrestling forum. Deion Branch has a better chance of making Canton, he was a super bowl MVP. Number 1 wr threat on the offensive powerhouse of the decade!!

Get that reserved, humble role player shit outta here.

Reaction score
It's not even a question of how heavily you would weigh statistics or where playoff heroics fit in. This isn't even a debate, you have to mean something significant to your team and the league over a prolonged period of games to even get consideration. That's obvious. Fisher does not come close to that criteria. And really a closer analogue to him than Branch on those patriots teams would be kevin faulk. Kevin Faulk is not going to the hall of fame.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
[yt]xZr2qOXQJ4w[/yt]

Reaction score
whoa wait, there was actually a conversation about fisher going to the hall of fame. Best to avoid basketball threads on a wrestling forum. Deion Branch has a better chance of making Canton, he was a super bowl MVP. Number 1 wr threat on the offensive powerhouse of the decade!!

Get that reserved, humble role player shit outta here.

The best offensive team of the decade was indeed the Patriots, but it was the 07 Pats, and their best receiver was Randy Moss. Branch was in Seattle that year.

Reaction score
Have you ever heard Tim Duncan whine? Nope. That's why he's a class of his own, not to mention he's won more games than any player the past 12 years. Very few ballers whine, the few I can think of are Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, and basically the Spurs Big Three, but then again the Spurs are the classiest organization in all of sports. Not personal bias, it's just the way they conduct business.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
For me, I am a Miami fan (and unlike many fans, I was a fan BEFORE this year lol... Hell I was a fan pre-Wade) and I am also a Blazers fan.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Congrats to Paul Pierce on his 20,000th point :)

thats a great feat, he can beat Larry Byrd's record for sure with the extension he got in the offseason.