Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The Grizz can score, they can rebound with Randolph and Gasol, but they don't defend quite well and they don't distribute well either. Maybe seek a trade, but the thing is, OJ Mayo is really their only good trading chip and being under his rookie deal makes his value extremely high for other teams, but the Grizz could never get anything near his value in return unless it was a high draft pick and even that isn't guaranteed and I don't believe you can extend a rookie until their rookie deal is completely over. It makes sense to move Mayo as you guys have a glut of guards that could use the time afforded by his departure and Conley, Gay, Randolph and Gasol could make up for his scoring. Bringing in a combo guard who could pass and defend and score a bit would be perfect for this team, I'm think of Trevor Ariza. I'm gonna stop or I'll keep on going and going into fantasy gm mode.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Co ROY's would be awesome, indeed theyre both great players but I prefer Blake for some reason.

Well Love played really well against the Spurs from what I saw but the Spurs managed to get the win, sadly for you the streak was broken by the Mavs. Spurs have the Hornets next too which could be a tough game.

Mighty Pistons got the W over the Bogut-less Bucks, 7 players in double figures which was good seeing everyone contribute, they've got the Knicks next who they should beat before going to Florida to take on the Magic and Heat, don't know if they have what it takes to beat them though, hopefully they can pull an upset.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Gregg Popovich, second best coach in the league. You know Kobe's first lol.

I'm just waiting for Boozer to heal up then Chicago can run shit. Plus if that Carmelo deal goes down then sheeeit. Rose, Noah, Boozer, Carmelo doubt Deng would be there, he'd HAVE to be part of the trade or else Denver will get robbed. Like Toronto in that Carter trade, many moons ago.

Oh and LeBron returns to Cleveland Dec 2. What's the worst that'll happen that night?

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Boozer to heal up then Chicago can run shit. Plus if that Carmelo deal goes down then sheeeit. Rose, Noah, Boozer, Carmelo doubt Deng would be there, he'd HAVE to be part of the trade or else Denver will get robbed. Like Toronto in that Carter trade, many moons ago.

Chicago will be a force once Taj Gibson hits the bench, that guy is so so garbage.If he didn't miss 10 straight jumpers against San Antonio, Rose would have had 40 and 10 and the W. Boozer is sorely needed to give Rose his first true inside presence. I don't know if Denver does the trade if Deng is coming back. He's playing well, but he has I think 3 years and over 40 million left on his deal, he just isn't worth it and he certainly isn't a franchise player. The player they'd want to take back would be Noah, but I don't know how he fits in with Nene, they are both the same type of player; they score on easy setups from their PGs, Noah is just a vastly superior rebounder. Neither has a jump shot though. Just doesn't seem like Chicago could give back anything worthwhile to Denver. Plus, if I were Denver, I'd tell Melo to go fuck himself and do what's best for them, not for him. Maybe try and get Kevin Martin and Shane Batier ( he's expiring and a solid defender). They get a proven scorer in Martin for 3 years at a decent price and get an expiring deal in Batier who can shoot 3s and is a very solid defender. The numbers match. Or trade him to Philly for Iggy and an expiring like Jason Kapono. The numbers match up too. It just doesn't make sense for them to send him to an Eastern Conference contender in return for Luol Deng, it does Melo all sorts of favors and shoots them in the foot and most importantly the numbers don't add up and even if they threw Noah in they still don't add up. Basically the chances of that trade happening are minimal.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I'm actually hearing that the Cleveland fans want to laugh at LeBron when he's on the floor, rather than boo, which is what he expected. Even as a Heat fan (and NO I am not a bandwagon fan, have been for years) it can and likely will take him off his game. Which is exactly what they need, with Wade struggling LeBron has been the one carrying the team, despite the limited success lol. Either way I already see this game as being more about "LeBron's return" than about the actual game, and if Miami doesnt win this one I see things only going downhill from there

Reaction score
Whoa didn't realise there was another page last time I logged on. Hey Dylan, nice to see you on the forum and in this thread too, come here more!

The Grizzlies have a pretty good team, Gasol is the man, Randolph is solid, Gay is probably there best allround player, Mayo is up and down but when at his best is good, I don't like Conley, he's probably the only thing I would change about the team. The there bench is pretty good to, Arthur has been doing awesome lately. I was pissed that they beat the Pistons, I think the Pistons were leading alot of that game too. Pistons really have to start finishing games, its like as soon as theyre leading at the half they think theyve won then come out playing like crap.

Can't wait to see Lebron return to Cleveland, I hope Miami win just so we can see the fans riot.

Also what do you guys think about the Pacers, I don't like them but they've sort of secretly been playing pretty well, I hadn't realised till I saw that they beat the Heat and Lakers last week.

Reaction score
^^^Roy Hibbert is going to be challenging for Defensive Player of the Year, but since the media has the taste for superstar cock, Dwight will probably get it again. But the Pacers are winning games with...*gasp* defense and really besides Hibbert no one on that team is known for defensive prowess. Lol, TJ Ford and Mike Dunleavy on a gifted defensive squad. But Indiana could easily get a 5-8 seed depending where the rest of the Eastern lot falls. 1. Boston. 2. Orlando. 3. Chicago. 4.Miami are for sure. Atlanta will be in the mix for 5-7, but they haven't beaten any good teams to make you think they are a top 4 team. Milwaukee is missing like 4 core players and will pick it up once they get everyone healthy. New York has some promise and with how terrible that conference is, and how historically awful the 7-8 teams are, a 38-44 record would get them. So Indiana, with the d they are playing and the good shooters they have, could easily win 39-45 games + and grab a decent seed.

It's so funny how every year for the past 6 years the media is always trying to say "this is the year the East closes the gap on the west" but really they only have one or two contenders every year and every year the West, from 1-8, boasts a 50+ win squad. But now the East could have 4-5 50 win teams, but I don't see any of them being as good as San Antonio, the Lakers, Mavs or even the Jazz if they get Okur healthy.

What does everyone make of the Heat? When Wade and James are on the court together they are one of the worst combos in the league. Do you think Pat Riley, a hard ass task master, would make the Heat what they should be, or would LeBron and Bosh, whom have never had coaches that aren't afraid to discipline divas like them, let their egos undermine Riles' authority? Wade has even said he prefers Riley remaining upsatirs.

One thing I've been reading is the thought of trading LBJ for the proper pieces if the apparent coaching change can't get things fired up in Miami. And I agree with this. James is just too talented a player to play Robin and DWade is older, more mature and has a championship pedigree to take a back to James. Afterall, it was and is his team. Bosh, even despite his lack of defense, is so obviously the perfect second option, ala Pau Gasol. He isn't a franchise #1, he definitely is a Gasol waiting to happen.

Lebron totally did the exact opposite for what was best for his career. He decided to go play buddy-buddy ball when in reality he needs a young, up and coming team to be built around him. Man, if he had joined Chicago with Rose, Noah and Deng...shit, that really is a scary thought. D Rose is averaging 20+15 and he lobbing disgusting alleys to LeBron becomes common place on the nightly top ten. Instead you have 3 struggling stars on a team that over abuses help defense and is constantly murdered beyond the arc because of it, they lack size and they isolate too, too much. Honestly for the interest of both parties, LeBron being traded could be the best option.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I heard about this story few days ago and I don't even know what they're going to do when Bron Bron returns.

NESN said:
An 8-year-old boy was leaving the Browns-Jets game in Cleveland with his family on Sunday when a drunken Browns fan came up to them from behind, calling them a "bad word," and tackling the young fan to the ground.

Both NFL teams have reached out to the family offering their sincerest apologies for the unfortunate situation. Jets executive vice president of business operations, Matt Higgins, contacted the family personally.

"It's terrible, what happened to that little boy," Higgins told ESPN.com. "As a father myself, I can say it tugs at you. We reached out to them, hoping we could raise their spirits. But, in talking to the family, they'd like to maintain their privacy. They have no plans to take us up on the offer at this time, but it's an open-ended invitation."

The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite in the New Meadowlands Stadium. Not only that, but they offered to send them autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players.

According to the report, the family declined.

The young Jets fan, a Cleveland native, went to the game representing Gang Green because his father grew up in New York and passed his love of the Jets on to his son. The boy's mother stated that the fans were great in the stadium but as soon as the Jets rallied for a 26-20 victory over the Browns, Cleveland fans were not happy to say the least.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said of the fans, according to WEWS in Cleveland.

When the family got to the parking lot to leave, they encountered some unexpected trouble.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," the mother said, according to the station.

Instead of calling the police for the incident, the father quickly took his son and wife to the car and left the scene. Despite the scraped and bruised knee that the 8-year-old suffered due to the tackle, he told his father that he still had a good time.

"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.

The mother wrote a detailed letter to The Plain Letter newspaper in Cleveland, which in return brought the Browns around to contact the family offering "anything we can do." The family has politely declined any offer from the two teams, wanting to keep their situation private.

The family had been nervous about bringing their child to the game but the mother explained that she believed "Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."

That drunken Browns fan proved her wrong.

There's already reports that they're beefing up security for Thursday.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
And speaking of Derrick Rose, he had Tyreke Evans SPINNING Saturday night.

[yt]rXiDL0ZqGRY[/yt]

@Enzo, Bosh being traded is more likely. Pat Riley can take so many 4-7 rebounds a game from the former Raptor.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I actually hadn't heard anything about LeBron being traded or anything, despite how unlikely it would be, I think it would help not only Wade and the Heat, but LeBron as well, LeBron and Wade are easily two of the most talented playmakers in the NBA, but there lies the problem, in order to be succesful they both need the ball, I'm fine with trying to have the best players on the floor, but for playing styles they just dont mesh in an NBA game, for All Star games and Team USA it works, but with the NBA it doesn't.

As far as Pat Riley goes, when, now more than if he takes over the team LBJ and Bosh will be the ones to suffer, Wade has already proven he can win with Riley as a coach, LeBron and Bosh are used to going all superstar on the coach they have and basically overrule what they are trying to do in order for them to benefit, with Riley as a coach I am sure he could turn Miami around, but without a legitimate center and point guard I'm not sure if even the great Pat Riley could make them a championship team this season

Reaction score
Agreed about the Pacers, I think they'll get a low seed spot, Hibbert is definitely a contender for Defensive player of the year but since the media is obsessed with Dwight I can only imagine he'll get it again.

The East is weak, right now I can't see any team from the East doing well in the finals, the Celtics would probably have the best chance but even they don't look good matched up against the likes of the Spurs, Lakers and even Mavs. The Magic are nothing special at all, the Heat still aren't doing that great, they'll obviously get better over the year but I still cannot see them winning by the end of the year, I think they'll be lucky to make Conference finals. I think once Boozers healthy and he starts playing with the Bulls they'll do alot better and could make Conference finals but even if they were to make the finals any of the top 4 Western teams could beat them. The West is just too strong.

Pat Riley's a great coach, I think he'd make the Heat what they should be or atleast lead them in that direction, its obviously not going to be easy as we've seen from their previous games this season but Riley would do a good job and I don't think he'd stand for Lebron and Bosh's bullshit. I think I saw somewhere that Riley didn't want to coach though he was happy with what he's doing now and I guess Wade sees it that way too.

If Lebron went to the Bulls they would have been the most dominant team in the NBA, because all the Bulls have been playing together for a long time so theyve got the teamwork and chemistry whereas the Heat don't because they've got a complete new team and not only that but D Rose is a great PG and I think Lebron needs a good point guard which he idn't getting with the Heat, Rose can set LBJ up but also be aggressive himself which would mix well with lebron. Then on the side you've got Deng who is playing good basketball and Noah who plays hard and averages 10 points and 10 rebounds a game I think, plus your bench players aren't too bad, you've got Kyle Korver who was the best 3 point shooter last season, imagine how many good open shots he would be getting with Rose and James in the team. That Bulls team would have been scary good.

Another option lebron should have done was gone to the Nets, there he would have another good point guard in Devin Harris, good big man in Brooke Lopez, then you've still got Morrow who's a good shooter, Farmar off the bench, not the best option I think LBJ would be better off there then the Heat.

Lebron and the Heat Vs Cleveland in Cleveland starts in an hour or so I think, man I hope they riot.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
World War 3 is upon us lol... I will be watching, mainly just to see if LBJ does his old powder throw when he is introduced... That place would riot if he did I bet.

CMS

Reaction score
The riot hype made us forgot that Cleveland at the end of the day is an extremely mediocre team, and even with their own problems, the Heat more often than not will feast on such mediocre teams. That's what we saw last night.

It must be sad to be from Cleveland and not only see one of your own in Lebron enjoy all your hate and enjoy causing pain to you, but not only that, but you see your own team do absolutely nothing to stop it.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I actually applaud LeBron for last nights game. He could have let the hate get to him and fold under the pressure, but he did I am sure exactly what he wanted to do, and that was shut the angry Cavs fans up (who IMO are out of line with how far they've taken the whole 'LeQuit shit). I knew that the type of game LBJ had was going to determine the way the game went.

The LBJ homecoming did in fact overshadow that the Cavs are a sub .500 team, and Miami showed that, the way Miami had played the last few games is the way you expected t hem to; the blow out the mediocre teams and are competitive with the top teams. Now, I am not going to say that they are going to dominate from here on out, but it looks like they are starting to mesh better as a team, I think a few more confidence games are what they need heading deeper into December and into the new year.