Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That was amazing.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
That trailer is old news now. I just finished making it even better.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Uploaded it yet?

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
85% done with the whole thing. I might as well post it when I finish just for the lolz.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Old news Oden to the Heat? IMO the Heat don't need Oden. If he gives them anything, it's a bonus. If he's a serviceable rim protector who can give them 20 minutes and can finish for 10 on the offensive end, it could make the East a formality.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Anthony Tolliver 1 yr with the Bobcats.

I guess some guys just want PT. He turned down similar deals with the Bulls, Lakers & Spurs.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Al Harrington to the Wizards. Sorry, Glen Rice, Jr.

And the Pistons apparently think Jason Collins is "too old". Which is probably code for he's "too gay".

Brett Brown is the new Sixers coach.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kobe Up Close on AXS TV snippets

Dave McMenamin @mcten 15 Aug
Some of the faces in the crowd for the Kobe event: Jim Buss, Dave Winfield, Terrell Owens, Robert Sacre, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly

Janis Carr @janiscarr 15 Aug
Kobe Up Close: Really look forward to them (younger guys) carrying the weight.

Kobe when asked if he'll play less minutes next season: "That's the goal ... I could sit out until June, I just want that jewelry"

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 15 Aug
Kobe says he doesn't know if he will be back on opening night but is trying his best.

Kobe on tweeting "I thought it was pretty damn cool"

Kobe said he said he will never accept the honor of being the greatest Laker from Magic because he learned so much from him.

Gary Lee @LakersNation 15 Aug
Kobe said he met Larry Bird for the 1st time last year. That's kind of strange.

Kobe said when he sat with Magic at the Dodgers-Yankees game it was the first time they've ever sat down and talked that long.

Kobe said he probably would have gone to North Carolina if he went to college. I always thought he'd go to Duke.

Kobe on giving advice: "I'm not the patient type to try to give advice. Get your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in gear. If you want to do something, do it."

Kobe was shown famous photo with him in Celtics shirt and said he want to annihilate Dennis Johnson.

Kobe said he had a good workout with the Clippers but they said they wouldn't draft him.

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley 15 Aug
Kobe: "The Clippers said they couldn't draft me." Kimmel: "They always make the best decisions."

Kobe addresses Shaq situation: Started looking at different teams as FA, including Clippers "but purple and gold special to me."

Kimmel on Kobe potentially leaving the Lakers for the Clippers: "Wouldn't that be like signing an endorsement deal with RC Cola?"

Kobe said he was close to signing with the Clippers but in the end chose the Lakers for Dr. Jerry Buss. #TheCloser

Charlotte told Kobe they really couldn't have used him and really didn't want him and traded him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.

Shaq and Kobe's first meeting was at Jerry's Deli in Beverly Hills and Kobe thought Shaq was cool because he had a big cell phone.

Gary Lee @LakersNation 15 Aug
Kobe joking about Kimmel saying that Shaq used to watch Kobe practice without a ball: "You can't listen to have the sh*t Shaq says."

Kobe on Shaq: "He was an absolute force. He was doing some super natural stuff we haven't seen in the history of the NBA."

Kobe on 3 titles with Shaq: No. 2 was his favorite. Still bother us to this day that we let that Game 1 drop

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley 15 Aug
Kobe on Michael Jordan: "It's a big brother type of relationship. Michael has giving me phenomenal advice."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 11 minutes ago
Kobe says he learned most about the NBA was from Michael Jordan.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 10 minutes ago
Kobe says his toughest opponent may have been Allen Iverson but "the guy that gave me the most problems was Tracy McGrady."

Dave McMenamin @mcten about 9 minutes ago
Kobe on the toughest guys he ever played against - Iverson, Marbury, Arenas, Melo, Durant - but put Tracy McGrady as the toughest

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 6 minutes ago
Kobe on Diwght: Hes a great kid. "No his not" Kimmel said. "Yes he is. We have different perspectives than I do," Kobe said

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley about 6 minutes ago
Kimmel: "Would you be happy if Dwight Howard was homeless?" Kobe: We have different perspectives on what it takes to win and be successful.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 6 minutes ago
Kobe on convincing Dwight: "It wasnt about me, it was about the organization and setting up the organization for when I retire."

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley about 5 minutes ago
Kobe said he wanted to help Lakers organization to set up future after he retires. That's the reason he was in pitch meeting.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 4 minutes ago
Kobe said it didn't bother him when others said he couldn't win without Shaq it bothered him when Shaq said he couldn't win without Shaq.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 3 minutes ago
Kobe said he loves Phil. He learned how to win with Phil as his coach. "That came from Phil's direction."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 2 minutes ago
Will Kobe miss MWP? "Tremendously."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 2 minutes ago
When Kimmel asked Kobe about the Lakers potentially getting LeBron in 2014, the L.A. crowd booed heavily. Don't want a 4-time MVP?

Janis Carr @janiscarr now
Kobe said funniest player he ever played with was Shaq and Gary Peyton. Said he would take DFish back of any other player.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 12 minutes ago
Does Kobe think [MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION] Paul should be a Laker? "Legally speaking? Yeah. David Stern speaking? No."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 11 minutes ago
Kobe said CP3 called him after the Lakers deal went down and he was excited and then called him after Stern nixed it and he was upset.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 11 minutes ago
Did it bother you when Lakers tried to trade Pau? "It bothered me a lot."

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 11 minutes ago
"Everybody forgot how we won in the first place," Kobe said.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 8 minutes ago
Picture me coaching? No, no, no no," Kobe said. Would jump at ownership

Dave McMenamin @mcten about 8 minutes ago
Kobe says Kareem's scoring record isn't his goal. Championships are: "People don't understand how obsessed I am with winning"

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 8 minutes ago
When asked for a prediction this season. Kobe deadpanned, "I think we'll finish 12th" #ESPNForecast

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 7 minutes ago
Kobe said he prefers Vino to Mamba at the moment as far as nicknames.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 4 minutes ago
Crowd is loudly booing a kid wearing a Dwight Lakers jersey. Kobe says, "He got that jersey for sale."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 2 minutes ago
Kobe on the young players he like: Westbrook, Harden, Kyrie Irving and ... Nick Young: "They all have that gene."

Janis Carr @janiscarr 1 minute ago
Magic, MIchael, Bird, Russell and Kareem would be on Kobe's all-time team

Janis Carr @janiscarr 1 minute ago
Terrell Owens asks about technology has aided in his recovery from Achilles tendon injury

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi now
Kobe: "I was fortunate. We did the surgery the next day."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 3 minutes ago
Kobe says his recovery has been aided by consulting with a neuro muscular scientist, Barrence Baytos, for years. Calls him a "genius"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought I was wanted in the basketball thread because I was @'d in that last post :(

Killswitch

Reaction score
Clippers plan to sign Lamar Odom... if he wants a 1 yr deal. They told Antawn Jamison that's their plan. Jamison now looking at Bulls, Lakers & Heat.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The only thing Chris Paul will win in the NBA going forward...

Chris Paul has been voted president of the National Basketball Players Association.

Paul will replace Derek Fisher.
Paul had been serving as vice president of the union.
Roger Mason will serve as first vice president, while Steve Blake and Anthony Tolliver are vice presidents as well.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Odom missing for the last 72 hours. Insert "I'd run away if I was married to Khloe Kardashian too" joke here.

In all serious, I hope he's okay and gets the help he needs. But sadly, multiple day crack binges don't usually end well.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lakers promised Odom a roster spot if he goes thru rehab. I'm glad. Love that dude in the Laker uni, hope he cleans himself up, been threw a lot of shit in his life.

for what its worth it been reported its scripts not crack or weed like usual