Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I casually watch UFC if I am bored or in the mood to see someones shit get kicked in. But this Jones vs Cormier hype is unreal.

deepdoop

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
onthegamely.blogspot.com
It's kinda fun. I wish Jones would go full heel though, because even though I dislike him about as much as I can dislike someone I don't know, I find heel Jones more interesting. I hate that he tweets stuff and then deletes it, and then justifies it by saying, "I think people talk more about it if I delete it." Which is a load... I think he's still just uncomfortable with his own image. I get it, he's young, but he needs to just embrace himself.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol that's so terrible. I love it.

I still pay attention to MMA but regretfully I've become a guy who only watches UFC these days. I used to watch a crapload of MMA but I think I burnt myself out on it. I have a harder time getting pumped for a UFC event, even.

Take last night for example; it was a pretty solid card on paper, with some interesting match-ups. But I ended up watching it until there were about 2 or 3 fights left and then I just didn't care so I went to bed. I guess I missed a pretty terrible main event, but I never liked Bader anyway and feel like he should change his nickname.
The UFC has become oversaturated. There is a card damn near every week, and cards are becoming thinner and thinner. It will only get worse from here as they try to put an event on every corner of the globe.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I only watched the ladies match, didn't bother with the rest.UFC's kind of lost it's sparkle for me. I enjoyed it much more when they had fewer events. That said, hopefully I'll get a ticket to bones vs dc in January.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Rothwell looked fully rejuvenated last night after serving a 9 month suspension.. he rocked the shit out of Overeem last night with a TKO in the first round.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Knocking Reem out just isn't impressive he's been finished 3 times in his past 4 fights. Rothwell is a tough mofo though. I'm a fan of the dance though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Knocking Reem out just isn't impressive he's been finished 3 times in his past 4 fights. Rothwell is a tough mofo though. I'm a fan of the dance though.

That is true, I thought it was 2 in the last 4 but I just checked again yeah 3 times.. Yeah it's not too impressive, I just thought it was a nice comeback to do it in the first round against the favorite.

Apparently there was a scare that one of Reem's kick may have broken Rothwell's arm, apparently Ben had some nerve damage and swelling in the arm that he was feeling after the fight.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think Ben said it broke, Reem has fantastic offense but seems to fold when he's hit (check the BF fight if you haven't already he gets tagged yet rather than covering up and or running away he just stands against the cage eating shots)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I love Reem but it is just sad at this point. He never shoulda horse meated his way to HW. His chin could never handle it.

He needs to go to Glory where he can get time to recover from getting rocked instead of geting swarmed and finished. Or retire, sadly.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score

f99f07a2bd2be4c0f024d7e581a3fddd.gif