Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Gus gonna work jimi over pretty well.
I hope so! I'm hoping it'll be exciting, I know it's not going to be anywhere near as exciting as being at UFC 168 was, but as long as it's better than last years Wembley card I'll be happy.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I hope so! I'm hoping it'll be exciting, I know it's not going to be anywhere near as exciting as being at UFC 168 was, but as long as it's better than last years Wembley card I'll be happy.
Gus' boxing should make it good, Jimi likes to trade too which helps. What was the card last time?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Got a good feeling on Faber and oddly enough Mir tonight. I see him catching an arm for some fucked up reason.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
"Why he call Lesnar? I'm here"

Bigfoot on Overeem :happy:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Reem would out work him this time although him getting caught fiddling his test levels again was hilarious after his rant about Reem being artificial. Plus he's suspended until December.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Light heavyweight MMA fighter Thiago Silva has been released from his UFC contract following a domestic altercation with his estranged wife, Thaysa Silva, that involved a gun.
TMZ reports that Silva tracked his wife - a fellow Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt - to Pablo Popovitch's South Florida training center after developing suspicions that Thaysa was sleeping with Popovitch. Silva allegedly told Thaysa outside of the gym that he would shoot the 25 students inside if Popovitch didn't meet him in the parking lot. Popovitch called 911 when Silva threatened to kill he and Thaysa both and that's when Silva went home.

From there, Silva barricaded himself inside his house and led a standoff with SWAT team and police. Eventually, he surrendered and was booked on four criminal charges: two counts of felony attempted murder, one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and one count of non-violent resisting arrest. A judge has since dropped the attempted murder charges, only sticking Silva with two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. He is currently being held in custody without bond.

Thaysa has reported to police that Silva had assaulted her with a gun on a prior occasion in late January, when he accused her of cheating on him and forced a gun in her mouth. Thaysa was granted a restraining order against Silva for the incident.

The 31-year-old was scheduled to face Ovince St-Preux at UFC 171 this March, but UFC president Dana White told TMZ that Silva has been released from his contract and "will never fight in the UFC again."

Went out of the company swinging

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-attempted-murder-arrest/#VYylPMt2FJTtY84I.99

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
For all the shit UFC gets they are hardcore about a lot of shit. They don't tolerate much. I remember Paul Daley taking a cheap shot after the bell and Dana was like fuck you pal you won't fight here again

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
whattyall hoes think about Mousasi vs Machida?

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
whattyall hoes think about Mousasi vs Machida?
I kind of forgot that fight was happening..........

But I do remember the announcement. I'm just gonna say this Lyoto > Mousasi.

I watch MMA once in a while. First time in this thread though. Ya dig?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I kind of forgot that fight was happening..........

But I do remember the announcement. I'm just gonna say this Lyoto > Mousasi.

I watch MMA once in a while. First time in this thread though. Ya dig?
Lyota is the clear favorite but idk... I sort of think Mousasi might have something for him. I like both guys, should be interesting to see what happens considering the styles clash Machida presents to any opponent