Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Cruz needs to retire he just can't cone back. Its a Shane Uriah will job again.
most likely but he is such a vet I can't count him out. plus I'm a blind mark

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Ronda's a Punk mark and DC nearly got into a TNA training before it hurt too much.

lol this was cool. Cormier's reaction to missing Flair lol. Ronda's such a mark

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah they both seemed pretty chill, DC talking about Brock / Punk was pretty funny too. DC in general seems to be a dope interview he's no Josh Barnett but you can tell he's just really chill.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The readers of MMAJunkie have voted Jones vs Gustafsson as fight of the year. Well deserved?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The top 3 fights were interchangeable so I can't say I'm surprised. Bigfoot's failed drugs test will have knocked that down and Chandler Alvarez happening in Bellator screwed that up. Wand vs Stann was dope but not on their level. I had Hunto's fight at #1 though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The readers of MMAJunkie have voted Jones vs Gustafsson as fight of the year. Well deserved?
I'd rank it behind Hunto/bigfoot and Diego/El Nino off the top of my head

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
b944f0aed1507c4042b46a9df8a5d33f.jpg

Stopspot

Reaction score
What are you guys opinion on Silva's comment on Weidman not beating him?
I can see where Silva is coming from but a win is a win.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Silva has always been madly arrogant so that doesn't surprise me. Weidman knocked him down in the clinch which is Anderson's world. Ignore the finishes and look at the rounds Weidman has put Silva on his back twice and hit some mean looking GNP and knocked him down with strikes twice. He then beat him with a classic kick boxing check even if Anderson's leg didnt snap a few more of those and he's a sitting duck.Anderson struggles with guys who don't bum rush in with a strong wrestling pedigree. He's one of the greatest but everyone has a weakness.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What are you guys opinion on Silva's comment on Weidman not beating him?
I can see where Silva is coming from but a win is a win.
I don't pay attention to what fighters in any sport say. They have to have an ego and expect that they are the best or else they have the wrong mentality. Obviously Silva was losing the 2nd fight just like he did the 1st but if you were laid up with a broken leg and some dude asked if you lost legit you'd be like 'no, my fucking leg broke you idiot'

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Seabs you heard Silva's argument? He claims Weidman acted on instinct, not like he was trained..... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also Weidman's coach is firing shots now. Such a feud.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Also, Josh Barnett's 12 step program for MMA:

Step 1: Remove outside distractions, focus solely on fighting
”My life is entirely busy with things other than just fighting. I’m not a kid anymore, nor am I a kid in terms of when it comes to the sport of fighting. Travis is a kid when it comes to fighting. He’s been doing this five years, he says. When I was five years in, I was the UFC heavyweight champion, and all I could think about was fighting. I know what that’s like, but now I’m not a child anymore. I am a bustling young teenager full of all kinds of weird feelings and hormones fighting, and as soon as I figure out why the hair grew there, I’ll move along.

”It’s too easy to get sidetracked, and I am well aware of all kinds of opportunities that are opening up for me now and I’m trying to take advantage of them. But when it comes to fighting, you really need to keep fighting first. I’ve been involved in this sport for so long — don’t take the fighting for granted. Make sure to cut those things out that can take away.”

Step 2: Move camp away from home, narrow focus, remove convenience
”I really think that this is something that is specific for fighters in general, depending on their personality types, but also as you’ve been fighting for a very long time, you have to make slight adjustments. Normally this is not a necessity for me, but I think it could be a help because it could bring me back to that time when I was just a little kid and fighting.

”I think that maybe moving the camp from a different location (away) from home will make a big difference in keeping that focus. Again, removing distractions, and just making me hungry. Or, if anything, just really pissed off that I don’t have all the stuff that I really like.”

Step 3: Pre-camp harder
”I think that for me, as I’m older, (I need to) spend more time prepping beforehand. I hate that. I don’t want to spend more time fighting than I have to often. I really enjoy doing it, but you know, (I’m) 36 (years old), so easing into camps will be a plus. Spend most of my time prepping for camp and staying ready, instead of getting ready.”

Step 4: Increase flexibility
”I’ve always been flexible enough, but I think that over the years I’ve tightened up in some areas. Scar tissue here and there, and blah, blah, blah. Reduction of inflexibility means reduction of injuries. That just means being able to move a lot easier and, you know, not looking like Abe Vigoda when you get out of bed in the morning.”

Step 5: Work more on weaknesses
”We all have ‘em, we all know what they are. I do spend time working on my weaknesses, but this could be also more part of that pre-camp thing — spend a ton of time working on weaknesses, because you’re only as strong as your weakest link. I’d prefer not to have any weak links at all. If at all possible, I’d like to keep my links nice and tight. Real tight links. Really super tight. Made of gold if possible.”

Step 6: Spend more time on recovery
”This is super important for all fighters, but especially so for old dogs like myself. When you think of fighting, you think of the work that you put in at the gym. Well, recovery is part of that work process.

”You think, oh, you worked out hard, you stretched out, whatever. You hydrated, you got some food — oh, I’m done. No, you’re not done. You probably have another hour of chiropractic potentially. Or maybe you’ve got massage, or hyperbaric chamber. Any of that kind of stuff. It’s a necessity. You’ve got to keep yourself in top physical condition and stay in peak shape, because you’re going to have… well I won’t say necessarily [that you'll incur] injury, but you have a lot of hurtin’ and boo-boos, and things like that. Little owies and raspberries.”

Step 7: Work on learning a new language
”I don’t know exactly (what this has to do with fighting). Maybe so you can insult your opponents no matter where you end up in the world? But, it just sounded kind of like a thing you should do anyway, and I was making a list, so I thought I would include stuff that I thought was important.”

Step 8: Kill

Step 9: Kill

Step 10: Kill

Step 11: Kill

Step 12: Kill