Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya lee wont have as good of a season as he had last year but i hope this isnt a sign that he will be this bad all year. indians will most likely lose today cause its 7-0 now but dont think they will be bad this year.

PeepShow

Griffey going deep (as usual) and M's winning made opening day pretty perfect.

Wordlife

Cubs won their opener yesterday, Soriano went deep to start the game off... good solid performance by Big Z (Zambrano)

He's my pick for NL Cy Young this year

Travis40

Currently watching the Rangers vs Indians. The Rangers are currently winning 4-0 in the top of the fourth. I am really happy of the current score because I know that Lee had a fluke year and he won't be as successful this season.

I also think Lee had a fluke year, but you also have to take into account who he was facing. The Rangers are the best hitting team in the majors the past couple of years, and they have even hotter bats this year. I wouldn't jump the gun so quickly on calling Cliff Lee a fluke.

btw, Rangers 1-0 tbh

Soulpower

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a car accident early Thursday morning, just hours after throwing six shutout innings, according to multiple media reports.

Adenhart, 22, was killed when someone driving a minivan blew through a red light, causing the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was riding in to hit a light pole, TMZ reported. Three people were killed in the crash, including Adenhart.

Cops say the driver of the minivan fled the scene, but was later caught and charged with felony hit-and-run. The suspect is currently being treated for injuries in a local hospital.

One of the other people killed in the crash was also affiliated with the Angels organization, according to several reports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9435902/Angels-pitcher-Adenhart,-22,-killed-in-car-crash?MSNHPHMA

MikeRaw

RIP to AdenHart. He looked to have a bright future...
On a better note, Jays are now 3-1. Ricky Romero dominated in his MLB debut on the mound.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Reds actually won! not expecting much from them this year but next year (hopefully) and the year after they are going to be amazing with this young crop of talent we got. Hopefully Baker doesnt kill the arms (and careers) or Volquez or Cueto or Owings like he apperantly has a rep for (see Mark Prior).

Winning record this year? i can only dream

Travis40

Rangers sweep the series with the Indians, and puts them up by 1 game in the AL West, and makes them the only undefeated team in the American League. They look like they have two out of three solid starters (Padilla and Millwood), and their hitting is unbelieveable from the rookies (Cruz and Andrus). This Rangers team looks much better than they did last year. It's wayyyy to early, but this could be their year with the Angels sidelined with injuries, and the A's not really hitting anything.